Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kristians suddenly realize Trump is not God

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Kristians suddenly realize Trump is not God

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:38 pm

It looks like some of the rats are jumping ship
Christianity Today, a prominent evangelical magazine, called for President Trump to be removed from office in an editorial on Thursday, a day after Mr. Trump was impeached by the House of Representatives.

The editorial was a surprising move for a publication that typically avoids taking sides in bitter partisan battles and a pointed departure from the vast majority of the president’s white evangelical base, which has supported Mr. Trump through multiple controversies.
“The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents,” Mark Galli, the editor-in-chief, wrote. “That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Re: Kristians suddenly realize Trump is not God

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:56 pm

They want President Pence.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:57 am

I am not sure how much of an impact this will have(if any), but I've never got the whole thing with evangelical Christians, falling over themselves to support this man. Although, some of these political religious types have proven time and again, to be hypocrites. The whole thing is honestly an enigma to me.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:11 am

Modern Evangelical Christianity has its roots in the KKK which was a men's Christian Association. Additionally, it warps the teachings of the Bible to be reshaped in a prosperity diatribe as a means to attract members. So if you join one of the Evangelical churches, you become politically active and you should become rich because that is how they present being a Christian.

In reality, Jesus was persecuted by the government and walked around telling everyone to give their belongings away and to treat their slaves well. You can see how that flies in the face of conservative values. It's pretty obvious which perspective is more popular to Evangelical leaders.

It's almost like Matthew 7:15 was written about the modern Evangelical movement.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:32 am

"Last week" before or after wrote it? LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:11 am
Modern Evangelical Christianity has its roots in the KKK which was a men's Christian Association. Additionally, it warps the teachings of the Bible to be reshaped in a prosperity diatribe as a means to attract members. So if you join one of the Evangelical churches, you become politically active and you should become rich because that is how they present being a Christian.

In reality, Jesus was persecuted by the government and walked around telling everyone to give their belongings away and to treat their slaves well. You can see how that flies in the face of conservative values. It's pretty obvious which perspective is more popular to Evangelical leaders.

It's almost like Matthew 7:15 was written about the modern Evangelical movement.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
That's completely untrue and a pulled from the ass comment if I ever saw one.

I know its probably hard to imagine in 97% white Traverse City but, what about the black evangelical churches? Do you think a black congregation is going to have its roots in the KKK???
Evangelical Christianity goes back more then 200 hundred years. Long before the KKK.

I'm not Evangelical, I am Christian and I don't like Trump. His immoral behavior flies in the face of all Christianity.

But, I don't have to crap all over and lie about somebody else's faith to say Trump is horrible.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:25 pm

And I note the outrage, yet no response to Mathew 7:15? Thank you for proving my point.

Maybe you should do some read as well..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Klan

These are Mike Pence's people...

― Noam Chomsky

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm

I think the only thing Trump*'s comments demonstrate is his willingness to lash out at any slight regardless of who makes it. He's done so against members of the military, gold star families, members of is own party, 16 year old girls... The list goes on. His latest comments comes as a surprise only to those who haven't been paying attention or have chosen to ignore the trait.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Let's not forget The Pope. He's satan, and you're all worshiping him.
"I'd just say that this man is not Christian if he said it in this way," Francis told reporters in a midflight press conference after a trip to Mexico.

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian," Francis said, according to The Associated Press' translation of the press conference.

Trump wasted no time firing back. "If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign.

"For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful."

Trump has aggressively courted evangelical Christian leaders and voters during his run for president

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm
I think the only thing Trump*'s comments demonstrate is his willingness to lash out at any slight regardless of who makes it. He's done so against members of the military, gold star families, members of is own party, 16 year old girls... The list goes on. His latest comments comes as a surprise only to those who haven't been paying attention or have chosen to ignore the trait.
This is why I cannot stand this man, it's not a right wing-left wing policy sort of thing, it's his childish behavior. I find it honestly, appalling.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:30 pm

What do the Evangelical Christians have to say about this? Not much, because they know it is true...
Sure enough, a group of 177 evangelical leaders — led by Liberty University's head Jerry Falwell Jr., recently in the news for "accidentally" emailing revealing photos of his wife to multiple people and being photographed drinking and dancing in a nightclub, behavior forbidden to his students — released a letter denouncing Galli and complaining that he "questioned the spiritual integrity and Christian witness of tens-of-millions of believers."

Well, yeah. Because it's blatantly obvious that anyone who defends Trump's criminality at this point is not acting out of spiritual integrity, but the opposite — they're people who have abandoned any semblance of morality or decency in their lust for power.

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:21 am

No. They’re just stupid as hell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic