Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Impeachment Hearings Like Watching Defective Paint Dry

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Impeachment Hearings Like Watching Defective Paint Dry

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:41 pm

It's like watching defective paint dry where the different pigments and vehicle separate into different parts as you brush it on.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Re: Impeachment Hearings Like Watching Defective Paint Dry

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:49 pm

I thought the rep from AZ was interesting, but that was about all.

Slotkid and Kildeer both were blah, blah, blah...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:17 pm

It's like the fabric of our society is ripping apart before our eyes.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:54 pm

It's over.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:07 pm

The high-lite was one R calling it a "shit show". The R's eyes got real big and the camera flipped to Schiff who was smiling and moved on like nothing happened.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:20 am

Schiff was heads and tails more truthfully eloquent than any other speaker during the entire hearing. I applauded his lengthy “...hobby horse of popularity...” quotation by Alexander Hamilton, because it describes perfectly the dangerous-for-our-democracy Donald. And thus - why Trump had earned the very rare historic designation - IMPEACHED.

Meanwhile - the cartoonish auctioneer-talkin Collins - another Bubba with a divinity degree - tried in vain to turn his solemn
duty into an immature giggle-fest. He called upon his clownish Republican comrades one by one - and some tried to compare Donald Dump to Jesus Christ! Also - one blonde representative spoke about her former husband who had abused her. Apparently not realizing that being a Trump cultist revealed (for all the world to see) that she’s STILL attracted to abusive men.

“Shit show” is right!!

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 am

Schiff is possibly the most arrogant, lying weasel ive seen in politics.
If anyone is guilty of abusing power, its the filthy democrats and Schiff in particular.
Most dont believe, deep down, that Trump did anything impeachable. But they dont work for the people. They work for the party. They dont care about the Constitution. They care about full control. Power.
Disgraceful. The Democratic Farty is a threat to true democracy and justice.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Why I didn't watch any of it since it was a dog and pony show is all Adam Schiff always lies when he speaks and knows nothing about the constitution. The Senate isn't going to impeach the president no matter what this was a waste of time and no smoking gun to impeach the president either not a Trump fan by any means house dems just didn't like the president and wanted him out on day 1 simple as that.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Mix in some punctuation, dude... I'm out of breath after reading that.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:45 am

Impeachment hearings not like watching defective paint dry. Instead they were a forum for heroic patriotism. Testimony under oath from true American patriots who work in non-partisan service to The United States of America.

Some were obviously fearful of Trump and his threats - but willing to summon the courage to go up against Putin and his puppet and testify truthfully. Rare American patriots who care more about fealty to this nation than loyalty to our dangerously deranged POTUS. One big healing dose of true love of country being televised live.

Yovonovich. Hill. Vindman. And others. Men and women of extraordinary American valor and decency. Wish we could bottle and sell it. Every cowardly republican lawmaker could then take a swig, and finally grow a pair.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic