Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Stick Them Up, I Need Your Money to Be Reelected"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

"Stick Them Up, I Need Your Money to Be Reelected"

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:23 pm

In reporting on the Senate impeachment trial today. somebody wrote: Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz, responding to a question from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) about whether it matters if there was a quid pro quo, argued that it didn’t if the president believed he was acting in the nation’s interest.
And, Dershowitz said, Trump believes that him staying president is in the public’s interest.
Every public official, Dershowitz said, “believes that his election is in the public interest. (Emphasis mine) If a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”
Dershowitz said it shouldn’t be impeachable for a president to think, “I’m a great president; I think I’m the greatest president there ever was; if I’m not elected, the national interest will suffer greatly,” and act accordingly.
So, a presidential candidate could say..
You shouldn't be able to vote for my opponent, because that will hurt my chances to be reelected, so it's in the national interest in me shooting you.
Yes, I'm taking to the extreme. But this is such an example of why all this is total bullshit, on both sides.

Turkeytop

Re: "Stick Them Up, I Need Your Money to Be Reelected"

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:23 pm

So, a presidential candidate could say..
You shouldn't be able to vote for my opponent, because that will hurt my chances to be reelected, so it's in the national interest in me shooting you.
As long as the shooting was in the middle of 5th Avenue, that would be OK.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic