Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Open letter to the forum

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Open letter to the forum

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 pm

I'd like to take the opportunity to offer a few thoughts about recent posts submitted to the Buzzboard.

I've come under some fire for criticizing a comment that I felt was entirely inappropriate comment that was posted in the thread about the health condition of local radio legend Aris Hampers. In my opinion, an attempt to politicize anything in conjunction with someone in the public eye willing to offer what was a very private and intimate assessment of their own medical condition and the factors that lead to that condition should be met with sharp disapproval. Support and admiration is what is called for, not grandstanding their own cause.

My admonishment was met with a rebuke that it was somehow tied to investments that I hold in my personal economic portfolio, not that as a spouse of someone who like Mr. Hamper is continuing and will always continue to battle the effects of cancer. I was forthcoming about my spouse's diagnosis and treatment some years ago and appreciated (and still do) the show of support a number of people in the Buzzboard community offered at that time.

As I stated in the post where I disclosed my investments that were relevant to that conversation and will again, yes I have an equity position (hold stock) in a number of marijuana related businesses. It represents roughly .18% of my total net worth. I am not, nor have I ever been an employee of any marijuana related business. Any statement that implies otherwise is categorically false.

I was compelled to write this here in the sub-forum rather than where the transgression occurred for a couple of reasons. First, I refuse to diminish or divert attention to any discussion or support offered to those suffering from cancer. Not Mr. Hampers, not my wife, no one else and for any reason whatsoever. Common human decency dictates that.

Second, it believe it is worthwhile to understand and acknowledge that there are some very bad actors that inhabit this space. They do so willingly and with malice. You know who they are. I've repeated said I welcome and will engage with all manner of spirited discussion. What I will not do is sit idly by and let their innuendo and falsehoods go unchallenged and certainly not for the aim of making a political point.

I hope you consider doing the same.

Thx.

Turkeytop

Re: Open letter to the forum

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope you don't get attacked for having done it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Thx !

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Please do not stop participating here, Nightfly. Thank you for writing your thoughtful letter.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:56 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Please do not stop participating here, Nightfly. Thank you for writing your thoughtful letter.
God willing and the creek don't rise I'll be around as long as MW will have me...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 pm

BMW, what a surprise... He's a douche bag, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Audiophile wants the government to leave oversight off everything but women's rights and he's self-appointed "sin" list. He has never expressed much concern about God's second directive: "Love Each Other". Hope things work out for him with where he's going.
Last edited by TC Talks on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 pm
I've come under some fire for criticizing a comment that I felt was entirely inappropriate comment that was posted in the thread about the health condition of local radio legend Aris Hampers.
That's BS. You didn't just criticize the comment. You impugned that person's character. "Very disrespectful to tie Hampers condition with your anti-marijuana crusade. Disrespectful, and very much in character." (emphasis added)
In my opinion, an attempt to politicize anything in conjunction with someone in the public eye willing to offer what was a very private and intimate assessment of their own medical condition and the factors that lead to that condition should be met with sharp disapproval.
No such attempt was made. It was CRYSTAL CLEAR that his comments were NOT in response to the OP, but rather to a specific comment MW had made. Even though Audiophile didn't quote what he was responding to, it came directly thereafter. And he even clarified that afterwards, and yet here you are still making the same BS accusation.
Support and admiration is what is called for, not grandstanding their own cause.
Funny you should say that considering that YOUR first post in that thread was not to offer support and admiration for the person quoted by the OP, but rather to criticize a forum member.
I was compelled to write this here in the sub-forum rather than where the transgression occurred for a couple of reasons. First, I refuse to diminish or divert attention to any discussion or support offered to those suffering from cancer. Not Mr. Hampers, not my wife, no one else and for any reason whatsoever. Common human decency dictates that.
Oh, really? Is that why your first response IN THAT THREAD was to attack the character of another forum member? You're a real piece of work.
Second, it believe it is worthwhile to understand and acknowledge that there are some very bad actors that inhabit this space. They do so willingly and with malice. You know who they are.
You got that right. I'm responding to one of them right now. And I'll tell you why I say that. When Audiophile clarified that he meant no disrespect, you didn't apologize for being wrong. Instead, you came in here and doubled down. You question others' motives all the time. Someone questions yours and you get your panties in a wad.
Last edited by bmw on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Sorry Lester, I know how much respect you have for proper grammar, it's spelled douchebag.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Sorry Lester, I know how much respect you have for proper grammar, it's spelled douchebag.
LOL (A virtual AP Stylebook is on it way...)
[EDIT: Damn it, the stylebook is on it's way. Talk about grammar huh? :oops: ]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic