Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who's high?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Who's high?

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 am

Looks like things are going well... Sold out 5 days in a row!
“Sunday it was around 6 o’clock we sold out of flower. Monday it was around 5. Tuesday it was like 3,” she said.

“People are coming from Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, all over Michigan, everywhere.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:39 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:57 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 am
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:02 pm
Who's ready to bitch about the tax revenue recreational sales generate?
(Which if other state's that have legalized is any indication, should be substantial)
Let's see how far this goes before it collapses... Oregon right now, $50/ounce with ALL TAXES paid by the retailer. There is currently a 5 to 6 year supply of weed in Oregon.

Most operations will not be able to survive. The weed market will go underground, and taxation will be minimal.
Listen sweetie, you've picked perhaps the worst person you could have around this fine establishment to purport acting as-though you have any unique insight to Oregon's marijuana initiatives.

I live in Portland part-time, I was there the day prohibition ended, I am a regular customer at dispensaries, I own an equity position in a number of cannabis producing companies and I have friends that are in the business. I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Period.

That said, yes, like any emerging market, supply & demand dynamics, distribution, and retail pricing have yet to resolve an optimal equilibrium. Seems to me General Motors didn't evolve into an efficient, streamline organization in five years. Should that be the standard of what is considered an industry success? That Tucker, Auburn, Duesenberg, Studebaker and a dozen other manufacturers went out of business mean building automobiles is a doomed enterprise?

Fact: Oregon tax revenues from marijuana sales for FY 2019 (ending June 30) were over $102M, up some 22% over FY 2018 (which was the point I was making in my post)

As for the black market takeover I can only relate this incident that happened to me. I had purchased a vape cartridge prior to the news that some ingredients may harmful. Within days of the findings I received an email from the dispensary informing me that the products they sell had been tested and none were found to contain the chemicals in question. That's what happens when people purchase products from responsible retailers and not cab drivers and guys hanging out in a tavern. Will the black market go away? Probably not any sooner than will bookies or shifty payday lenders but does that mean responsible consumers shouldn't have the choice not to use that service over one that's safe and regulated?

You're well within your rights to believe what you wish, but after reading this don't ever claim you were not informed of first hand factual information.
Vape cartridges?

Full disclosure, I have a 1st Edition of the Marijuana Growers Guide, and I am a pot farmer. I've been one since 1978. Without bragging, I can safely say I know more about cannabis, horticulture and the associated subject than anyone you are likely to meet. Crap, I even produce my own feminized seedstock. If you'd like, we can wax poetically about the cation exchange or what ideal P.A.R. might look like for a landrace sativa but maybe no...

This is just like any other manufacturing enterprise but weedheads generally cannot calculate burden or project their expenses. The Michigan people are already behind due to kW/Hr costs of energy vs Oregon, only they don't know this.

Don't forget that I sit next to Kesey's IT guy and that he has a DOUGLASS FIR on his license plate.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:57 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 am
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:02 pm
Who's ready to bitch about the tax revenue recreational sales generate?
(Which if other state's that have legalized is any indication, should be substantial)
Let's see how far this goes before it collapses... Oregon right now, $50/ounce with ALL TAXES paid by the retailer. There is currently a 5 to 6 year supply of weed in Oregon.

Most operations will not be able to survive. The weed market will go underground, and taxation will be minimal.
Listen sweetie, you've picked perhaps the worst person you could have around this fine establishment to purport acting as-though you have any unique insight to Oregon's marijuana initiatives.

I live in Portland part-time, I was there the day prohibition ended, I am a regular customer at dispensaries, I own an equity position in a number of cannabis producing companies and I have friends that are in the business. I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Period.

That said, yes, like any emerging market, supply & demand dynamics, distribution, and retail pricing have yet to resolve an optimal equilibrium. Seems to me General Motors didn't evolve into an efficient, streamline organization in five years. Should that be the standard of what is considered an industry success? That Tucker, Auburn, Duesenberg, Studebaker and a dozen other manufacturers went out of business mean building automobiles is a doomed enterprise?

Fact: Oregon tax revenues from marijuana sales for FY 2019 (ending June 30) were over $102M, up some 22% over FY 2018 (which was the point I was making in my post)

As for the black market takeover I can only relate this incident that happened to me. I had purchased a vape cartridge prior to the news that some ingredients may harmful. Within days of the findings I received an email from the dispensary informing me that the products they sell had been tested and none were found to contain the chemicals in question. That's what happens when people purchase products from responsible retailers and not cab drivers and guys hanging out in a tavern. Will the black market go away? Probably not any sooner than will bookies or shifty payday lenders but does that mean responsible consumers shouldn't have the choice not to use that service over one that's safe and regulated?

You're well within your rights to believe what you wish, but after reading this don't ever claim you were not informed of first hand factual information.
You're stuck on the "Black Market" but the Black Market will be GONE... The Black Market was Mexican Gangs living in the Daniel Boone National Forest and leaving a mess in the woods. When you can grow Gorilla Glue #4 next to your tomatoes, why Bother with any of that?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Illinois reports $3.2 million in first day recreational marijuana sales, with low-end estimates of tax revenue totaling over $300K for the single day.
In related news: Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky and Indiana are seen looking over the fence with their dicks in their hands and no cash in their pockets to show for it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Indiana should be the 10th to last state to legalize. Nebraska and Alabama and 6 other states will go when it is federally legal.

I have friends in high places watching this closely.

"The Black Market will be gone"

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, Maybe in a few generations. My guy grows his capacity for commercial sale and that's 1/10 of his production. You are suggesting that because home distilling is legal, I'm going to make my own moonshine all of a sudden. I don't garden and I will avoid dispensaries as long as my vendors keep making a quality product.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Here's a good book for all you stoners. The truth, for a change, from a real MD Psychiatrist.

https://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Debunk ... YGCE555X52

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic