Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Senate GOP leader: Time to return some paved roads to gravel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Michigan Senate GOP leader: Time to return some paved roads to gravel

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Interesting idea. Any merit? Perhaps. But I think turning some roads back to local control could be more effective. In fact, it sounds like MDOT is turning over the portion of M-37 on Old Mission Peninsula to the Grand Traverse County Road Commission. Of course these turn overs need to be examined carefully. What I propose is MDOT turning over short state routes to local control to lessen the highway miles the state has to contend with. Some candidates would be:

M-185 on Mackinac Island

M-157 in Roscommon Co.

M-109, M-201, M-204 in Leelanau Co.

M-211 in Presque Isle Co.

M-116 in Mason Co.

M-221 in Chippewa Co.

But anyways, you get the drift.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 409886001/

audiophile

Re: Michigan Senate GOP leader: Time to return some paved roads to gravel

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:46 pm

What a bunch of baloney. A paved road should never be returned to gravel. Gravel roads require brineing and constant grading.

The brine is highly corrosive, in the heat of summer. I have to power wash my car every time I drive on a damp gravel road. What a pain.

I have been in rural Ohio and every side road is paved, albeit single-lane wide.

Tar and chip should be used instead returning to gravel.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic