Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Would They Say?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: What Would They Say?

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 pm
screen glare wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:08 pm
Bottom line: If US military men and women commit war crimes - it’s A-OK with mentally ill Donald Trump.

War crime? What war crime was Eddie convicted of again?
I can certainly admire your loyalty here. The Chief was convicted of a lesser charge that was technically a war crime and carried a jail sentence. The President is throughly within his Constitutional rights to do what he did.

But overall, shouldn't there be higher standards for those we entrust with the weapons of war?
Most people have no idea what it is like to fight this war. This enemy plays by no rules. They are sick and twisted; purely evil. So yes, I am more than willing to forgive the men and women that are immersed in this battle, and see and live the atrocities these Islamic reprobates perpetuate on a daily basis, for stepping a bit over the line. The old saying "fight fire with fire" comes to mind. Instead of being prosecuted, he should have been given a medal.

As far a T Rumps leadership, compare the results achieved in the war on terror during the past three years to the prior eight. Talk to the men and women in the military, especially those on the front lines (not the bureaucrats or political appointees) that are tasked with taking out the radical Islamic terror threat, to a person they appreciate the CIC.
I'm thinking if you talk to the men and women of the military and ask them how they feel about Trump essentially rendering the Geneva Convention card they carry into combat with the hope and chance they'll be treated humanely if captured useless, you're likely going to get an answer very different than your little low rent keyboard Patton word salad.
[EDIT: Worth mentioning it might not just some sandbox those troops get thrown into. Check the overnight news, better yet I'll make it clear: North Korea ain't too happy with Trump's foreign policy. To be fair neither am I but I don't have 3-stage rockets and an active nuclear arms program going on in my craft room either...]

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 pm
screen glare wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:08 pm
Bottom line: If US military men and women commit war crimes - it’s A-OK with mentally ill Donald Trump.

War crime? What war crime was Eddie convicted of again?
I can certainly admire your loyalty here. The Chief was convicted of a lesser charge that was technically a war crime and carried a jail sentence. The President is throughly within his Constitutional rights to do what he did.

But overall, shouldn't there be higher standards for those we entrust with the weapons of war?
Most people have no idea what it is like to fight this war. This enemy plays by no rules. They are sick and twisted; purely evil. So yes, I am more than willing to forgive the men and women that are immersed in this battle, and see and live the atrocities these Islamic reprobates perpetuate on a daily basis, for stepping a bit over the line. The old saying "fight fire with fire" comes to mind. Instead of being prosecuted, he should have been given a medal.

As far a T Rumps leadership, compare the results achieved in the war on terror during the past three years to the prior eight. Talk to the men and women in the military, especially those on the front lines (not the bureaucrats or political appointees) that are tasked with taking out the radical Islamic terror threat, to a person they appreciate the CIC.
I'm thinking if you talk to the men and women of the military and ask them how they feel about Trump essentially rendering the Geneva Convention card they carry into combat with the hope and chance they'll be treated humanely if captured useless, you're likely going to get an answer very different than your little low rent keyboard Patton word salad.
That Geneva Convention card they carry is useless in the fight against Al Qaeda, ISIS, the Taliban or any of the other radical Islamic groups we are fighting. These groups don’t follow a regular military command structure, and don’t have any intention to apply international humanitarian law either in battle or after a soldier is captured. I'm pretty sure they didn't read that card prior to beheading prisoners and posting the video.

I spend a fair amount of time around active duty military, from Grunts to Birds. Although they are sworn to support the CIC and chain of command, I promise you, support and appreciation of the CIC is a whole bunch higher than it was for the previous one. It is plain to see by the overall change in morale.

Check the poling numbers of our Veteran's. In a nationwide poll this past June, 57% support the current CIC and how he handles military operations. Let's compare that with the Military Times/Institute for Veterans and Military Families poll where more than half surveyed said they have an unfavorable opinion of Obama and his two-terms leading the military. About 36 percent said they approve of his job as commander in chief.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:55 am

Bottom Line 2.0:
US military men and women who commit war crimes, or disobey a lawful order, or lead a mutiny, or participate in one, or commit a treasonous act, murder POW’s, etc. may now expect the POTUS to upend regulation justice within the military - through which they are processed - AND the ultimate outcome they receive.

Madcap Cap’in Trump - the un-patriot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic