Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Put A Fork In It...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Circle Seven

Re: Put A Fork In It...

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:25 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm
…. Considering that the Democrats already know that impeachment is a dead-end road, the fact that they continue down this road is kind of ironic given what they've accused Trump of doing - namely, abusing his position of power for personal gain. That is precisely what the House Democrats are doing here - abusing their impeachment powers in order to attempt to gain political favor in the 2020 elections ...
The Democrats know they are pissing in the wind, they will never pull off an impeachment.
You may be right about some thinking this will give them traction in 2020. And we can all agree there was great pressure to do something. Anything.
I think this show is about being able to go home over the holidays and telling the constituents and supporters they are doing something.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 am

It totally wiped the democrat debate off the map. I didn't even know about until after it happened. No one mentioned here either.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:57 am

Man - you’re probably correct!

After that “sharp as a guillotine” testimony from Russian expert, American diplomat, Fiona Hill - most of us watching and listening were so saturated with her no-nonsence, “Constitution-Over-Party” objectivity - we had no energy left to endure hours more of a political debate.

Fiona Hill’s rapid-fire, precision, searing answers - left all freedom-loving patriots proudly engorged on delicious heroism - as that female immigrant from poor English coal miners had the stout heart and intelligence - to defy Trump - his timid yes men - (and puppet master Putin) with a vivid display her allegiance to America - inspiring all US citizens to tell the truth when it’s your turn to stand up and risk everything.

By the way - when I did watch debate highlights the next day - I found Tulsi Gabbard quite “dirty” - no matter how white her garments.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:23 am

The object of impeachment is to get on the record how a US president has dishonored his oath of office. And to warn other future presidents that this could also be their Constitutional and historical fate - if they too decide to dishonor the office of the presidency.

Whether an impeached president is removed from office via resignation or conviction at political trial - is not important. Because they will ALL eventually leave office - in one of five ways - as current history offers: term limit, re-election loss, resignation, assassination, fatal health issue.

What IS important is to send the message to an “Anything Goes” president - and any who would dare try the same abusive behavior in the future - that they do so at the risk of being impeached. Period.

They were so dubious and unfit at being president - it finally came to constitutional impeachment. A very rare occurrence. A big black mark. A symbol of shame. Something no president wants.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 am

It looks as though Biden is no better. He might suffering same fate as Trump, if elected.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:58 am

Biden is not mentally ill. He has no sociopathic tendencies. He has great strength of character - especially as politicians go. And as a man.

He has suffered terrible tragedies. Which means he has walked through the fire that wounds humans hearts and souls. So he has deep compassion for other such persons. Joe’s problem is he appears to be in the very earliest phase of dementia. Like Ronald Reagan was in his second term.

Trump is diametrically the opposite of Biden’s character, experience, patriotism, courage, care for Americans. and our planet.

If you can’t detect that obvious truth - you must be consuming only far conservative/conspiracy-spreading/Russian-propaganda- talking-point media sources. Don’t feel alone. Plenty of Americans only watch and read what makes Putin and Trump happy.

Those Americans view our democratic values, our hard won liberty, our system of government - as a team sport - complete with cheer leaders and cheaters - something over which to keep score. They have no idea of how quickly - WHY the free world looks to America for leadership - can all be lost.

Putin knows this. That’s why he interfered to help get his candidate Trump elected. He knows pervasive propaganda works. He’s delighted at the division it’s caused in our nation. And now - he continues. Emboldened by his success.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:23 am
The object of impeachment is to get on the record how a US president has dishonored his oath of office. And to warn other future presidents that this could also be their Constitutional and historical fate - if they too decide to dishonor the office of the presidency.

Whether an impeached president is removed from office via resignation or conviction at political trial - is not important...
What you have just described is the very thing the founders feared regarding impeachment - that it would be used in a partisan way as a tool to tarnish a government official in the eyes of the public. It was NOT intended to be used to coerce someone into resigning or to make them unelectable in a re-election effort. Rather, its sole purpose is to remove from office, via a subsequent trial in the Senate, a government official guilty of high crimes or misdemeanors. Because if Trump really has dishonored his oath of office as you suggest, then the Senate has an OBLIGATION to remove him from office. But you and I both know that this will never happen, and thus, at the very least, it gives the APPEARANCE that the Democrats' continued path down this dead-end road is purely partisan in nature.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am

You are one hopelessly lost puppy.
The sworn testimony is recorded.
The evidence is corroborated and clear.
The US Senate under Mitch-pitch will never vote on that sworn testimony as an impartial jury.
They will never break ranks with Trump.

None-the-less - The people’s House of their Representatives has spoken and it’s all recorded for history.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am
You're blind as a bat if you can't see that House Democrats are pursuing impeachment for purely political reasons. Perhaps you need to do some research regarding how many different times various Democrats called for Trump's impeachment BEFORE this alleged scandal arose. They've been beating the impeachment drums since the day Trump won the Presidential election. If not Ukraine, they would have found some other excuse to impeach in this precise timeframe.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 am
It looks as though Biden is no better. He might suffering same fate as Trump, if elected.

The evidence against Trump comes from days of sworn testimony from witnesses. The evidence against Biden exists only in FOX News conspiracy theories.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am
screen glare wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am
You're blind as a bat if you can't see that House Democrats are pursuing impeachment for purely political reasons. Perhaps you need to do some research regarding how many different times various Democrats called for Trump's impeachment BEFORE this alleged scandal arose. They've been beating the impeachment drums since the day Trump won the Presidential election. If not Ukraine, they would have found some other excuse to impeach in this precise timeframe.
Dat True!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 am

The evidence against Trump comes from days of sworn testimony from witnesses. The evidence against Biden exists only in FOX News conspiracy theories.
WRONG!

Biden admitted he used pressure to have the special Ukrainian prosecutor fired, by threatening to withhold 1 billion in loan guarantees.

Watch the video the of dork himself:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... cutor.html

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:40 am

Biden made the demand on behalf of the U.S. government and the U.S. allies. He was implementing U.S. national policy. It wasn't some covert, back channel operation.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:40 am
Biden made the demand on behalf of the U.S. government and the U.S. allies. He was implementing U.S. national policy. It wasn't some covert, back channel operation.
The question is, did Biden's son stand to make a personal gain if the prosecutor was fired?
Joe Biden wrote:I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.
Let me repeat that again. And again, this is a direct quote from Joe Biden himself:
"if the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money."

That's as black and white of an example as you're going to get. Do you have Trump anywhere on the record saying "if you don't investigate the Bidens, you're not getting the money?"

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Let me repeat that again. And again, this is a direct quote from Joe Biden himself:
"if the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money."
Biden was stating the position of the U.S. government.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic