Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Put A Fork In It...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Put A Fork In It...

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 am

After a clown car of witnesses that gave their pre-selected, second hand, third-person, thoughts and feelings that fit the Democrat narrative about the July 25th phone call, there were actually two witnesses with first hand knowledge.
“Did anyone ever ask you to bribe or extort anyone at any time during your time in the White House?" House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., asked at one point in Tuesday's afternoon hearing.

Former National Security Council (NSC) aide Tim Morrison: "No."

Former U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker: “No."

Later, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., covered similar ground in asking the witnesses about Trump's fateful July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: "Mr. Morrison, you were on that call, and there was no quid pro quo, correct? No bribery? No extortion?"

"Correct," Morrison replied in response to each question.

"And, Ambassador Volker, I presume you got a readout of the call. ... Was there any reference to withholding aid? Any reference to bribery? Any reference to quid pro quo? Any reference to extortion?"

"No, there was not," Volker replied, again and again.
Boom, it should be over. Finished. But alas, the outcome of this Shiff Show is preordained. Impeachment will happen evidence be damned.

Fortunately, all but the people suffering from TDS can see through this sham.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Re: Put A Fork In It...

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:12 am

LOL....are you actually serious?!? Turn on your TV now, fool:

Sondland:

“… the question is was there a Quid Pro Quo? The answer is yes”

“… everyone knew. It was no secret”

“… emailed Pompeo… Pence…”

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:12 am

Sondland:

Sondland is being very specific that in his phone call with President Trump that the word "Biden" did not come up. He said he mentioned "Burisma" and the 2016 elections but not the Bidens.

"I never recall saying Biden."
So, if basic Quid Pro Quo when dealing with foreign governments is a crime, or even a impeachable offence, why didn't Obama get impeached for sending a plane full of cash to Iran to get them to sign the horrid nuclear deal?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:59 am

Deflect...deflect....deflect.....

The one thing our crooked, shit-for-brains president was right about is that he could shoot somebody on Fifth avenue and his base would stand behind him. It's obvious he can do no wrong in your eyes and even presented with facts, you don't care. The Republicans will now just smear this mans character and give no regard for the facts.

I'll give you last word, fool. I'm done.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am

So, if basic Quid Pro Quo when dealing with foreign governments is a crime, or even a impeachable offence, why didn't Obama get impeached for sending a plane full of cash to Iran to get them to sign the horrid nuclear deal?
Countries make deals all the time, in pursuit of national policy goals. That's different than making deals to further one's own political interests.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:12 am

Sondland:

Sondland is being very specific that in his phone call with President Trump that the word "Biden" did not come up. He said he mentioned "Burisma" and the 2016 elections but not the Bidens.

"I never recall saying Biden."
Ahh Bryce... you forgot the Pro Quo part of the equation. The in return part. The personal gain part. The entirety of Trump's initiative was predicated on that.

Explain how Obama's Iran deal was comparable. Actually nevermind, I've had my fill of bullshit for the day.

As long as I have the comment section opened up, take it to the bank Trump does a Cohen on Rudy. One ticket to federal prison please...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Sondland is out to protect Sondland - on this - his third time - giving testimony under oath.

Before - he probably counted on a pardon from Trump as a last resort if he was caught and jailed for lying to Congress.
However recent events have probably shaken Sondland’s confidence in that ever happening because Trump's health is now iffy - and he might not be around to issue pardons to anyone. Be they war criminals - or Kim Kardashian’s interests.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:15 pm

I am really enjoying this week.

Bryce and the patsys get a gypmse of hope in the occasional answer.

Bryce, Trump isn't on trial for bribery or extortion so I too agree with these answers.

You fellas seem a bit dense about certain glaring laws. But let's see how things continue.

All of the the clown car of witnesses were dear friends of Trump just a few months ago WHEN HE APPOINTEED THEM. So isn't it really the Trump clown car we've been talking about for all these months?

Keep the dream alive brother

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 pm

With the evidence piling up, it amazes me there are still people defending this guy.

There are decent and honourable Republicans around, but Trump isn't one of them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:18 pm

At least BMW has shut the hell up.
"Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret.”

Those are the damning words of President Trump’s handpicked ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, who on Wednesday morning directly implicated not only Mr. Trump, but also several top members of his administration, in the Ukraine shakedown scheme at the heart of the House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 am

Until yesterday, this entire charade has been based upon opinion, hearsay, innuendo and speculation. Yesterday, we find out that the big "bombshell" was based upon presumption. Presumption that the Democratic Politburo ran as fact.
Question: If you pull up CNN today, right now, their banner says “Sondland ties Trump to withholding aid.” Is that your testimony today, Ambassador Sondland? Because I don’t think you’re saying that.

Sondland: I’ve said repeatedly, congressman, I was presuming.

Question: So no one heard. Not just the president. Giuliani didn’t tell you. Mulvaney didn’t tell you. Nobody. Pompeo didn’t tell you. Nobody else on this planet told you that Donald Trump was tying aid to these investigations. Is that correct?

Sondland: I think I already testified.

Question: No, answer the question. No one on this planet told you that Donald Trump was tying this aid to the investigation? Because if your answer is yes, then the chairman is wrong. And the headline on CNN is wrong. No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?

Sondland: Yes.

Question: So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.

Sondland: Other than my own presumption.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm

The proverbial fork was stuck in this on November 10th when Lindsay Graham said that impeachment was "dead on arrival" in the Senate.

Considering that the Democrats already know that impeachment is a dead-end road, the fact that they continue down this road is kind of ironic given what they've accused Trump of doing - namely, abusing his position of power for personal gain. That is precisely what the House Democrats are doing here - abusing their impeachment powers in order to attempt to gain political favor in the 2020 elections. They now control the House and they want to ensure that they keep said control. There's no other logical conclusion which can be reached as to why they're carrying on with a proceeding whose ultimate conclusion has already been determined.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 am
Until yesterday, this entire charade has been based upon opinion, hearsay, innuendo and speculation. Yesterday, we find out that the big "bombshell" was based upon presumption....
Speaking of "bombshell," have you noticed that virtually every "mainstream" media outlet in existence has used that same word? It is uncanny considering how many different words there are in the English language with similar meaning how they all choose the same one.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Yes. It was quite an explosion. I would have called it a nuclear bomb. Not a bombshell. It could have rendered any size blow up. So you’re correct, bmw. They should have indicated what the level of destruction was.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 am
Until yesterday, this entire charade has been based upon opinion, hearsay, innuendo and speculation. Yesterday, we find out that the big "bombshell" was based upon presumption....
Speaking of "bombshell," have you noticed that virtually every "mainstream" media outlet in existence has used that same word? It is uncanny considering how many different words there are in the English language with similar meaning how they all choose the same one.
Stories were written before the pubic hearing even took place. Ole Bug Eyes probably had a staff member write them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic