Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mayor Pete Gay. Married to a Man. OK With You?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Mayor Pete Gay. Married to a Man. OK With You?

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Pete Buttigieg is the best democratic candidate.

The smartest. Best spoken. Strategic yet humane thinker. Well read. Awesome education. Has a world view. Does not retreat into Isolationism. Cares enough about The United States of America and his Christian faith to go ahead and die for his country. Has personal experience with immigration, LGBTQ perils and the courageous “coming out” decision, alarming problem of teen and adult suicides in America, understands and would research US military priorities and planning, no problem with the ERA, women’s abortion choice, understands the existential urgency of climate change solutions, appreciates team work, is cool under fire - especially with a blowhard bully like no-nothing cowardly liar - Donald Trump.

But apparently many voters write off this Indiana mayor because he is gay.
The black community is note-worthy in this because of racial unrest in South Bend - and well-documented traditional anti-gay feelings within the African American community nationwide.

Honeyman

Re: Mayor Pete Gay. Married to a Man. OK With You?

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:14 pm

I think the majority of people who wouldn't vote for him just because of his sexual preference, are probably Trump people anyway. If you are that narrow-minded to eliminate him from consideration because of who he is as a human being, you're probably own a MAGA hat.

But I agree he's the sharpest knife in the drawer....one major reason he won't get elected.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Of course! that wouldn't factor into it. See, The GOP can't win without the bigots and the religious basket cases. I am not sure America is ready yet But.... if things get even worse there is a sliver of hope.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Pete Buttgieg's "Brother In Law" is a Pastor in Clio.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:03 pm
Pete Buttigieg is the best democratic candidate.

The smartest. Best spoken. Strategic yet humane thinker. Well read. Awesome education. Has a world view. Does not retreat into Isolationism. Cares enough about The United States of America and his Christian faith to go ahead and die for his country. Has personal experience with immigration, LGBTQ perils and the courageous “coming out” decision, alarming problem of teen and adult suicides in America, understands and would research US military priorities and planning, no problem with the ERA, women’s abortion choice, understands the existential urgency of climate change solutions, appreciates team work, is cool under fire - especially with a blowhard bully like no-nothing cowardly liar - Donald Trump.

But apparently many voters write off this Indiana mayor because he is gay.
The black community is note-worthy in this because of racial unrest in South Bend - and well-documented traditional anti-gay feelings within the African American community nationwide.
I actually agree with you...........Is it because he has not been infected by the ilk of Washington DC and all the dirty politics that come with? I think he would give Trump a tough time.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:51 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm
Pete Buttgieg's "Brother In Law" is a Pastor in Clio.
His partner was the Master of Ceremonies at Pride Week in TC last summer, being a graduate of West.

Pete certainly has the cash in the bank.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:56 pm

I'll answer the question this way:
His marital status would not prevent me for voting for him.

What will prevent me from voting for him is his stance on certain political issues and his lack of executive leadership or high political office experience.

Going from mayor of tiny South Bend to commander-in-chief is too drastic of a leap.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm

The only reason i wouldn't vote for him is what he didn't accomplish in South Bend. There is no other reason to not vote for him. His sexual orientation and who his spouse is can only be described as immaterial.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm
The only reason i wouldn't vote for him is what he didn't accomplish in South Bend. There is no other reason to not vote for him. His sexual orientation and who his spouse is can only be described as immaterial.
Agreed. Voters didn't care that Bill Clinton was married to a murderous cunt.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:35 pm

I would hope being gay isn't a dealbreaker as to who a person would vote for President, but I am sure it is with some people. I imagine there were tens of thousands who did not vote for Obama strictly because he was black. Or Hillary only because she was a woman.

We elected Donald Trump to the highest office in the land. This is not an intelligent electorate.
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 pm
zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm
Agreed. Voters didn't care that Bill Clinton was married to a murderous cunt.
Always the poet...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:29 am

Scared white guy. Like I said.

TC Shuts Up

"Brother In Law" Calls Out Buttgieg's Falsehoods

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 am

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm

I dont care about his sexuallity anywhere nearly as much as his supporters do.
I wont vote for him for 2 reasons.
1) $15 minimum wage. This will not help lower-earners catch up with the cost of living. It will most likely raise the cost of everything even higher. It will also result in job cuts and fewer hours for remaining employees. Many small businesses will shut down. Half the time I go to Kroger, no cashiers are working and only self-checkout lanes are open. Thats only going to get worse, creating a larger void in entry-level jobs and immediate spikes in things like housing costs. Economic ignorance has infiltrated the Democratic party.
2) he keeps talking about getting rid of the electoral college. Constitutionally, he cannot simply do that. Acting like he has that power, by saying outright that he'll do it, is either dangerously ignorant or fascist and dictatorial. The process isnt that easy and his acting like it is-and making his base think it is-sets a dangerous tone.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:30 am

I wouldn't vote for him because Donald Trump is a better choice.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic