Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cops kill innocent, unarmed man after stalking him in fast food restaurant bathroom

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Cops kill innocent, unarmed man after stalking him in fast food restaurant bathroom

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:56 am

You remind me of Dick Cheney. Locked into ultra conservatism on every issue except the one issue that affects him personally - thus requiring him to take a liberal stance.

Cheney has one child who is gay. And he departs from the usual homophobic conservative politics on that one issue.

Just as you do, LL101 regarding police brutality. Not infrequently against those in the LGBT+ community. Of which you self-identify as a member.

Many people have no understanding or sympathy or mercy for strangers until they too have personally faced what “the other” is going through.

I believe it’s fear combined with a lack of sensitivity.

Turkeytop

Re: Cops kill innocent, unarmed man after stalking him in fast food restaurant bathroom

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:09 pm

The name of the fast food restaurant was Cottage Cheese R Us.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Eagle Point, OR — A family is heartbroken this week after learning that the officers who took their son’s life will not be charged and were ruled justified in his killing—over improperly crossing the street. Matthew Graves, 33, was shot in the back twice by police last month after they followed him into a Cottage Cheese R Us bathroom because they suspected him of jaywalking.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm

That's pretty serious name calling. I've so far avoided stooping to that with you. I hope you'll think about what you're doing and avoid accusing the users of this board of being criminals.

It isn't possible to delete a post after someone has replied to it. But if you decide you want to delete that one, let me know and I'll delete this one and get it out of your road.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm
That's pretty serious name calling. I've so far avoided stooping to that with you. I hope you'll think about what you're doing and avoid accusing the users of this board of being criminals.

It isn't possible to delete a post after someone has replied to it. But if you decide you want to delete that one, let me know and I'll delete this one and get it out of your road.
Nah, let's preserve it. It's always good to have a record of this shit.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:34 am

I think it should be made clear that if an officer uses deadly force and it turns out the person was unarmed then they are guilty of manslaughter, period. I was scared/threatened is not a defense!

Also they need to stop hiring weaklings (mentally and physically) as they are more likely to use a gun. The stupid broad in Texas that was in wrong apartment is a perfect example of a mental/physical weakling.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 am

LL - from here on out, every time you post a thread in here about a bad cop, I'm going to post a video of a good cop.

For starters....

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:27 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:27 am

You called other human beings “scabs” just because they’re trying to make a living. You broke the law trying to prevent them from making a living. You stole from a company you do not own and kept others from working to provide for themselves and their families.

People who say they hold one standard and then act a different way are hypocrites. That’s you. (See above.) People who break the law are criminals. That’s you. (See above.)
There is a world of difference between me calling someone an unflattering name and you accusing me of being a criminal.

Criminality is a matter for the court to decide. Not for some armchair, one man judge and jury, thirty years after the fact.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:03 pm

You admitted to committing a crime. You incriminated yourself.
Smooth move, ex-lax! Or should I say “ex-con!”

I didn't admit to committing a crime. I didn't incriminate myself. I admitted to being arrested. I admitted to being beat up by the cops, of whom you're such an ardent admirer.

I don't know what rock you live under but where I live, a person is innocent until proven guilty.

The cops charged me with causing a disturbance. When it got into court, the only evidence they had was the Company's security video. That video showed clearly that it was the cops and the Company's security goons who were causing the disturbance. The judge threw the case right out.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:07 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:35 pm
[

You admitted to blocking traffic, impeding traffic, trespassing, reckless endangerment, and stealing. I’m sure you committed more, but that’s all you admitted to.
There was no trespassing involved. We were picketing legally on public property outside the plant gate.. I didn't admit to any of that garbage you're making up and your friends, the cops, didn't charge me with committing any of that garbage you're making up.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:38 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:53 pm
I don’t see a video.

SEEMS RIGHT!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin
The youtube tag on these forums is so finicky. This displayed fine when I posted it, but now it doesn't show up at all.

Direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2_nPuyOvk

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:06 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:54 pm
[

Me: “You admitted to blocking traffic, impeding traffic, trespassing, reckless endangerment, and stealing.”

I didn't admit to any of that. You accused me of it. You may be characterizing my actions as blocking, impeding, trespassing recklessness and theft. But I don't share that view and neither did the cops.

They charged me with causing a disturbance when, in reality, it was they and the Company goons who were causing the disturbance. They had been beating up picketers all day. Mostly women and some of them pregnant.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:32 pm

I'm outa this thread. Mark a win up on your scoreboard if that's what you want.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic