Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who Knew?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Who Knew?

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:39 pm

That The Congressional Black Caucus is so compassionate, concerned and caring about the feelings of the modern day relatives of horse thieves and cattle rustlers.
The Congressional Black Caucus is condemning President Donald Trump's comparison of impeachment to lynching.
Democratic Rep. Karen Bass of California, the group's chairwoman, called lynching
a horrific stain on our country's history.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Re: Who Knew?

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 am

Many more Americans disgusted with his ignorant comparison than just the black caucus. As to why, Bryce? Because there is absolutely no comparison.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 am

I really didn't get the point. How can anyone compare criminal terrorism (Lynching) to a Constitutionally mandated impeachment process?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 am
Many more Americans disgusted with his ignorant comparison than just the black caucus. As to why, Bryce? Because there is absolutely no comparison.
Seems to me to be a case of selective indignation.

Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) and Rep. Gregory W. Meeks (D-N.Y.) ,both major critics of the Trump comment, called the Clinton impeachment proceedings a “lynching” on the House floor the day before the president was impeached.

On the same day, Then-Rep. Charles B. Rangel (D-N.Y.) described what he called a “lynch mob mentality, that says this man has to go.”

In a appearance on CNN, then Senator Joe Biden (D-Del) called the impeachment proceedings against Clinton a “partisan lynching.”

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), told Newsday in 1998 that the impeachment process against Clinton was a “lynch mob.” Then, on Oct. 4, 1998, Nadler told the Associated Press that Republicans were “running a lynch mob” against Clinton.

During an interview with the Baltimore Sun on Sept. 12, 1998, Then-Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) was quoted as saying, “This feels today like we’re taking a step down the road to becoming a political lynch mob,” McDermott said at the time. “Find the rope, find the tree and ask a bunch of questions later.”

Now mind you, in Clinton's case the Star Report listed 11 counts of guilt. Five of them for obstruction. He was guilty enough that he had to pay a fine and lost his law licence in Arkansas and later his licence to practice law in front of the Supreme Court.

To me, the "lynch mob mentality" is much more fitting in the Trump case as I have yet to see any proof of a crime he has committed. There are just a bunch of rabble rouser's ginning up the mob with innuendo and outright lies. Kind of like, well, a lynching.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 am
I really didn't get the point. How can anyone compare criminal terrorism (Lynching) to a Constitutionally mandated impeachment process?
I would suppose it has to do with how the process is carried out. :blink

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 am
I would suppose it has to do with how the process is carried out. :blink

So there's a right and a wrong way to do a lynching?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

No, there's a right way and a wrong way to carry out a impeachment hearing.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

No, there's a right way and a wrong way to carry out a impeachment hearing.
Explain.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:44 am

When utterly at a loss regarding evidence that exonerates the lawless liar of a mentally ill, unfit president of The United States of America - instead focus on the process.

Never mind that subpoenas and closed door hearings with witnesses testifying under oath are perfectly constitutional regarding impeachment. Ignore that fact. Pitch public fits of anger that the process is “a lynching”, “hoax”, “witch hunt”, unconstitutional, etc. Protest red-faced, loudly, and with animated resolve before news cameras that the president is a victim!

All side-show BS. The MAGA-ets are understanding they’re supporting a lost cause. They’re confounded and befuddled.
Putin wants chaos and his puppet continues to obey his every command. As always. The question is - will Trump dump closet gay Pence and Mother pre-senate impeachment trial?

I no longer believe Nikki Haley will go near Trump or Pence. Maybe Trump can replace the VP with a golf resort campaign donor buddy. You know - another know-nothing yes man who “knows how to kiss” Trump’s ass.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:38 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:44 am

I no longer believe Nikki Haley will go near Trump or Pence. Maybe Trump can replace the VP with a golf resort campaign donor buddy. You know - another know-nothing yes man who “knows how to kiss” Trump’s ass.

Wrong. Here's the plan. He dumps Pence, Puts Ivanka on the ticket. Gets re-elected (America adores Trump.) Six months after the election, Trump announces his retirement due to a recurrence of bone spurs and Ivanka becomes President. Her first act as President is to Pardon her father for everything he ever did and everything he ever might do, just in case he ever diecides to shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 am
screen glare wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 am
Seems to me to be a case of selective indignation.

Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) and Rep. Gregory W. Meeks (D-N.Y.) ,both major critics of the Trump comment, called the Clinton impeachment proceedings a “lynching” on the House floor the day before the president was impeached.

On the same day, Then-Rep. Charles B. Rangel (D-N.Y.) described what he called a “lynch mob mentality, that says this man has to go.”

In a appearance on CNN, then Senator Joe Biden (D-Del) called the impeachment proceedings against Clinton a “partisan lynching.”

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), told Newsday in 1998 that the impeachment process against Clinton was a “lynch mob.” Then, on Oct. 4, 1998, Nadler told the Associated Press that Republicans were “running a lynch mob” against Clinton.

During an interview with the Baltimore Sun on Sept. 12, 1998, Then-Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) was quoted as saying, “This feels today like we’re taking a step down the road to becoming a political lynch mob,” McDermott said at the time. “Find the rope, find the tree and ask a bunch of questions later.”

Now mind you, in Clinton's case the Star Report listed 11 counts of guilt. Five of them for obstruction. He was guilty enough that he had to pay a fine and lost his law licence in Arkansas and later his licence to practice law in front of the Supreme Court.

To me, the "lynch mob mentality" is much more fitting in the Trump case as I have yet to see any proof of a crime he has committed. There are just a bunch of rabble rouser's ginning up the mob with innuendo and outright lies. Kind of like, well, a lynching.
Ahem?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:20 pm

screen glare wrote:

Never mind that subpoenas and closed door hearings with witnesses testifying under oath are perfectly constitutional regarding impeachment. Ignore that fact
A misstatement of fact. "Subpoenas and closed door hearings with witnesses testifying under oath are perfectly constitutional" regarding impeachment. No they aren't "Constitutional". There is NO provision for same expressed in the COTUS. Now, you may say that they aren't Unconstitutional as it isn't clearly prohibited.

However, you would think that a party so hung up on following precedents when it comes to various Supreme Court matters, would follow the precedents set in the three prior impeachment hearings. Little Adam Schiff still thinks he's a prosecutor and treating this like a presentation before a grand jury where prosecutor's are allowed to stack the deck when it comes to witnesses and information. The impeachment of a President shouldn't work that way.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:38 pm
screen glare wrote:

Wrong. Here's the plan. He dumps Pence, Puts Melania on the ticket. Gets re-elected (America adores Trump.) Six months after the election, Trump announces his retirement due to a recurrence of bone spurs and Melania becomes President. Her first act as President is to Pardon her father for everything he ever did and everything he ever might do.
Ivanka.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:53 pm

Ivanka. Right. I was confused.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:20 pm
screen glare wrote:

Never mind that subpoenas and closed door hearings with witnesses testifying under oath are perfectly constitutional regarding impeachment. Ignore that fact
A misstatement of fact. "Subpoenas and closed door hearings with witnesses testifying under oath are perfectly constitutional" regarding impeachment. No they aren't "Constitutional". There is NO provision for same expressed in the COTUS. Now, you may say that they aren't Unconstitutional as it isn't clearly prohibited.

However, you would think that a party so hung up on following precedents when it comes to various Supreme Court matters, would follow the precedents set in the three prior impeachment hearings. Little Adam Schiff still thinks he's a prosecutor and treating this like a presentation before a grand jury where prosecutor's are allowed to stack the deck when it comes to witnesses and information. The impeachment of a President shouldn't work that way.

There's a good reason for closed door hearings. It's so the testimony of one witness can't influence the testimony of another.

My experience is in Labour Arbitration, which is a quasi-judicial proceeding The parties always ask the Arbitrator to exclude the witnesses. Each witness is kept out of the room until it is time for their own testimony, When the witness is brought into the room he/she has no idea what evidence has already been entered. The facts of the case are made public, only after the Arbitrator has rendered his decision.

I was subpoenaed once to give evidence at a hearing. Witnesses were excluded and I sat all day in the lobby of the hotel where the hearing was being conducted. About 4:00 PM, the Union's lawyer came out and told me my Testimony. wouldn't be needed after all and I was free to go.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic