Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boycott Saturday Night Live

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Boycott Saturday Night Live

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 am

Saturday Night Live has a outlived its usefulness. Once again, it's just a vehicle of the Anti-Trump Movement. They keep paying lip service to not offending half its potential audience, but they always go back on their word. Its viewership is way down this year. It is time to boycott the show and its advertisers alike. Put it out of its misery. It was never that funny unless you were drunk or high anyway.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Boycott Saturday Night Live

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:19 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 am
Saturday Night Live has a outlived its usefulness. Once again, it's just a vehicle of the Anti-Trump Movement. They keep paying lip service to not offending half its potential audience, but they always go back on their word. Its viewership is way down this year. It is time to boycott the show and its advertisers alike. Put it out of its misery. It was never that funny unless you were drunk or high anyway.
We all choose what shows to watch. We have likes and dislikes. I watch very little TV at all. Maybe that's a boycott.

But why would I boycott the sponsors of the shows I don't watch? Why would I care?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 pm

SNL has been going down hill a lot in the last several years. The political satire has become tiresome and unoriginal. It's like can't you watch a program without having politics interjected into it. NBC's agenda is very clear. Time to move on.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:28 pm

SNL’s current cast Is one of the worst in its 45 year history. There are perhaps three players who are exceedingly talented and versatile. The rest aren’t even B-team. They’re C-team.

SNL is a tour de force of sketch comedy. It’s live - with a minimum of rehearsal time and much of the writing done day before or hour before. Which places intense pressure on the regular players and, of course, the changing weekly hosts.

Read the book “Inside Saturday Night” and learn. SNL is one of the most difficult “stages” on which to perform. If the cast doesn’t get better quickly as an ensemble then this season will probably be its last.

However political satire with the Trump era as its nucleus is not tiresome or unoriginal. It’s increasingly frightening and dangerous as a mentally ill US president ramps up crazy - and is now imploding.

Alex Baldwin was correct when he predicted that his characterization of Trump wouldn’t be funny anymore - once voters began to realize their unfit president is threatening to the USA, and to the world.

It’s like when 9/11 happened. That week all late night comedians and their constant political satire - ceased. People not yet born at the end of WWII realized - the competency of the US presidency is pivotal to their safety.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:47 pm

I quit watching when the original MAD TV came on air and haven't watched since.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:09 pm

Then you missed years of rollicking, belly laugh comedy. Sketches that never get old. Or fail to make most people laugh out loud.

More cow bell.

(4/8/2000)

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Definitely need some better talent. They're trying to play "too PC" with their selections and it's all about 'inclusion' rather than capability.

They're really missing out on a lot of great comedy skits because they are sooooo biased. Just imagine how funny they could be with all the fodder that Shiff and Pelosi and Schumer kick out on a nearly daily basis right now.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:24 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 am
Cool. Another conservative that doesn't know how to work a remote control...

SNL will go off the air the minute it doesn't make any money for NBC and not one second sooner.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Another Snowflake NeoCon. What a bunch of whiners...

I heard Trump wants to start his own TV network, maybe our troll here should volunteer.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 am

Too many bizarre nails in Trump’s coffin to count this week - hammered in by Trump himself!

If SNL can’t come through with funny sketches from this epic yet classic Trumpian high fall off the pedestal - Loren Michaels better hang it up.

This diabolical white house week is so deservingly damning - the sketch plots and punch lines write themselves!

Let’s see if SNL can avoid missing funny, for a change.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:27 am

Former "SNL" Chevy Chase hates some of the comedy skits!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:22 am

SNL has been making fun of Presidents for decades. It's a hallmark of the show. Some of you need to get your panties out of a bunch.

Trump does it to himself. The guy is a loose cannon and a pathological liar.

Instead of fretting over SNL, why not sign up for some courses at Trump University instead? :lol

Now, I will say the cast and general content of SNL has left a LOT to be desired for many years. The series was great in the 90's. For the past 15 if not 20 years, it has been ho-hum. The format is stale. Scrap the musical performances, for starters. Who the hell watches the show for that?

Also, I must mention - the 40th anniversary special a couple years ago was HORRIBLE. Virtually unwatchable.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:26 am

I haven't watched in years. I go to bed early and get up early Sunday through Thursday for work and don't try to change on the weekends. It was never compelling enough to me to "tape" it and watch on Sunday.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:20 pm

So, if I don't watch a program because it doesn't interest me, is that a boycott? If so, them I'm boycotting just about everything on TV, because I rarely watch anything.

If I drive a GM vehicle, does it mean I'm boycotting every other brand?

If I drink Labatt beer, am I boycotting Molson?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:17 am

And ... SNL just avoided funny. Despite the week that was.
Yep, it put up a rerun.

If LM is going to do that every few weeks at least he could put up one of his best shows instead of one that was recently graded a B- or C.

Maybe he couldn’t get anyone to do rip roaring justice to Mulvaney’s inexplicable admission of a Trump quid pro quo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic