Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alternatives to impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Alternatives to impeachment

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 am

You guys are our own personal Flat Earth Society.

As you take a walk down memory lane, keep in mind that these aren't political Rivals going after Donald Trump these are federal state and in some cases local prosecutors, many Republicans going after Donald Trump. This isn't some Grand conspiracy, the guy is freaking whack job when it comes to obeying laws.

https://www.apnews.com/TrumpInvestigations

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:56 am

Remain off the edge, bmw.
Because by now there is beaucoup evidence being uncovered exposing Trump’s illegal scheme for which he will be impeached. Corruption overflowing and sending Trump RIGHT down the drain. Whistleblower’s complaints, witnesses, documents, RG’s flailings, his slimy associates including those Russians arrested Thursday, Trump and Pompeo and Barr keeping requested or subpoenaed associates from testifying under oath in the House impeachment inquiry, locking down on a little-known computer network incriminating Trump phone calls to world leaders wherein he abuses his power in violation of the US Constitution and his oath of office.

And at this writing Pompeo’s aid just resigned in disgust.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 am

Ok SG, I've had enough of your bullshit.

We weren't talking about "beaucoup evidence," we were talking about a SPECIFIC piece of evidence - specifically, about a transcript of a telephone conversation. You explicitly stated that Trump, in that phone call, specifically threatened to withhold military aid from Ukraine if they didn't investigate the Bidens. Here is exactly what you said:
A transcript provided evidence of a quid pro quo. ‘You investigate the Bidens. I withhold military assistance against Russia ‘til you do.’
Now you can back-pedal all you want and refuse to admit that you fabricated that out of thin air, and you can try to change the subject from that one piece of evidence and pretend that you were talking about other pieces of evidence instead, but the bottom line is that it is an objectively false statement. And if you have to rely on objectively false statements to present your argument, then you have no argument.

You would fail as a lawyer and be laughed right out of the courtroom.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:31 pm

But I excel as your judge. Take YOUR BS, bmw and shove it. Sideways. With a gaffer’s hook.

I explained that that tight little summary was to communicate the ESSENCE of the call. Why it’s such a big deal. Quid pro quo - I’ll give you what you want if first you do something for me. Otherwise I’m doing something else you won’t want. In my NO QUOTES little summary I’m quickly giving the essence of the call. In case people reading have been living in a cave.

You and your side are so screwed, bmw.
Now you know how Stormy felt in that hotel bed with Trump.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:02 pm

If that transcript is the smoking gun, then why does the media almost never talk about it? They're entirely focused on so-called whistle-blowers. If evidence of quid pro-quo existed in that transcript, the House would have already voted to impeach and a trial would already be underway in the Senate. But they haven't. They won't even vote on an impeachment inquiry.

btw - even viewed in a light most favorable to your argument, the "essence" of that call does not include a quid pro quo. I just read the whole thing again, word for word, all 5 pages of it, and it ISN'T THERE. Nowhere does Trump threaten to do do "something else you won't want" if Ukraine doesn't do what Trump requested. Moreover, there's nothing for Trump to gain personally from such an investigation from Ukraine. By your logic, anybody running for the nomination of any major political party automatically exempts themselves and their family members from being investigated at the request of anybody in power in a different political party; and that suggestion is absurd.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I guess Adam Schiff won't be calling Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy as a witness anytime soon...
"There was no blackmail; it was not the subject of our conversation," he added. "The call could have no impact on our relations with America. This has nothing to do with weapons and the Burisma situation,"

The recently elected Ukrainian leader made the comments during an all-day "press marathon" held in a food court in the capital, Kyiv, where he took questions from dozens of local and international journalists.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 pm

I hope you guys can one day meet in person Vladimir Putin. He will be happy to thank you. And you can take a selfie. Future generations of your family will be proud.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:57 pm

screen glare wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 pm
I hope you guys can one day meet in person Vladimir Putin. He will be happy to thank you. And you can take a selfie. Future generations of your family will be proud.
Once again you prove your ignorance of foreign affairs. To suggest that the President of Ukraine is doing the bidding of Vladimir Putin is laughable. Maybe you should do some research on Ukrainian and Russian relations since 1920.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Nope. You’re the dumb, short sighted one.

I believe DONALD TRUMP is dong the bidding of Putin. NOT Ukraine’s Zelensky.

Dope.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:07 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm
Nope. You’re the dumb one.
I believe Donald Trump is dong the bidding of Putin. Not Ukraine’s Zelensky.

Dope.
Stop running from logic or we're gonna have to to say it:

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 am

You’re self revelatory - in posting your sappy melodramatic C Flick, audiophile. Never considered seeing it. The title turned me off.

Kiss off. Pull out long shot. Cue violins.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:22 pm

SG: What is this, final stages of Ukrainian alcohol psychosis?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1c0bff89-9 ... ba3b500f1a

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic