Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Impeachment

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:42 am
"I was not a direct witness to most of the events described."

That is what in the legal system is known as hearsay. It is generally inadmissible.

And just who are all these unnamed officials?

I don't really see anything more in the complain that we didn't already know from the released transcript of the phone call itself.
The IC Inspector General just contradicted the notion that it was hearsay:

(the whistle blower had) “...direct knowledge of certain alleged conduct, and that the Complainant has subject matter expertise related to much of the material information provided”.

More fun, turns out Pompeo was on the Ukrainian call that Trump had after feigning any knowledge about it.
Pompeo to ABC News:

“You just gave me a report about a IC whistleblower complaint, none of which I’ve seen,”
“I think I saw a statement from the Ukrainian foreign minister yesterday [that] said there was no pressure applied in the course of the conversation.”

But wait, there's more. Barr was putting the squeeze on Australia to suss out the origins of what lead to the Mueller report (likely looking for ammo to discredit it)

Tick.. tick.. tick

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Do the republicans have a backup candidate for 2020?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Yes .
Pence for Prez

(Nikki) Haley for VP

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:37 pm

OK so now one of you says you think Trump’s wild behavior and words indicate he is senile.

Why don’t you get it? He is mentally ill with Narcissistic Personality DISORDER. Look it up in the DSM-5. He fits each and every symptom. Which is not a coincidence. He even perfectly and classically fits the phenomenon known as Narcissistic Rage. Look it up.

Trump always was mentally ill, and is still mentally ill. And every professional psychotherapist who has pointed this out and tried to warn voters has also warned - his symptoms will only intensify. Which is what you’re seeing now.

Wake up time, Trump supporters. You’ve placed a real and present danger in as Commander in Chief and Leader of The Free World. Who will not leave the presidency in a dignified and calm way - as Michael Cohen warned at the end of his congressional testimony.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Interesting take from Judge Napolitano

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/napolitano- ... dangerous/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 pm

What's Ol' Mitch McConnel up to these days? He's usually quite vocal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Mitch and pro-China, cabinet secretary wife - with her wealthy Chinese national extended family member’s interests to consider - mull every possible political path and political outcome re Trump’s obvious derangement. And - how best the two of them and her extended family can benefit - both financially, and political power-wise.

Currently - Mitch knows Trump is toast - by Trump’s own sick words and actions. Thus - Mitch calculates it is time to elevate President Pence and a new vice president - before Trump smears Pence more than he already has - as wild man Trump spreads blame.

The question McConnell and Chow are considering is - how best to rapidly accomplish that goal. Because the election looms. And time is short to get the voters used to a president Pence and shortly after - candidate Pence.

Maybe Mitch will get a private message to Pelosi that the Senate will convict? Simply impeach Trump ASAP to get his crazy ass off the world stage quickly - and leave him for the SDNY pros?

The longer the wait - the more Pence gets dragged into Trump’s muddy pig pen.

Trump - especially this week - has publicly proven to be uncontrollable. He isn’t just messing with politics. He’s actually threatening to take down trust in our free elections - which will destroy our entire government. Trump has set a lawless precedent for the US presidency that must not stand - if we are to enjoy the government we still have under our sacred Constitution.

Of course Putin is thrilled with our destruction from within - but even he is trying to figure out how to rid himself of unreliable, crazed Trump - and quickly get control of President Pence.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:14 pm

You wonder if that would be so bad for the Republicans. The conservatives with a brain that wouldn't vote for the orange lunatic would certainly vote for Pence. Getting him in office sooner-than-later might make him appear presidential come November 2020. Maybe some national catastrophe hapepns and the country rallies around him.

Only thing for absolute certainty.....Trump ain't gonna go quietly.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm

OK, Trump slappies, what about these text messages?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/10 ... annotated/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

BMW, shield your gentle easily offended eyes...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 pm

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm
OK, Trump slappies, what about these text messages?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/10 ... annotated/
[9/9/19, 5:19:35 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.
What about these messages?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Suggesting to investigate is not a crime.

Did Biden ever suggest to investigate Trump?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:28 pm

So, if I commit a crime, I could make it illegal for the government to investigate me by running for President?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:28 pm
So, if I commit a crime, I could make it illegal for the government to investigate me by running for President?
As a declared candidate? Yes

Just like you can't indite a criminal President, you must impeach.

God Bless America eh?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic