Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Impeachment

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Just last week they were on the war path to impeach Justice Kavanaugh.

How's that one working out? Oh yeah, they kinda jumped the gun on that one.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Frankly, If they want to impeach Trump, put up a viable candidate in the election next fall, and impeach him via the ballot box.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 pm

I think some in the Democrat party see the handwriting on the walls - they know Trump is going to win in 2020. And they're literally having a full-blown mental meltdown.

Funny how a certain forum member in here constantly says Trump is mentally ill. It looks to me like it is the Democrat party as a whole that is mentally ill. They're simply not behaving rationally.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Trump in 2020

America adores Trump.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 pm

I wouldn't be too sure... The Nixon impeachment started slow and gained speed as more and more came out. The hearing was a shit show like we've seen lately. One side asking questions and the other side shouting insults at the one's asking. Bit by bit the facts made it very uncomfortable for the Prez and his party leaned on him to go to save something worse coming out.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Trump in 2020

America adores Trump.
Yeah, the love was so overwhelming that he couldn't carry the popular vote.

I wonder how many of those folks that specifically voted for Trump because he wasn't "Crooked Hillary" are going to have a taste for enthusiastically saddling up with a candidate who is under six House committee impeachment inquiries. Love comes and goes.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:45 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm
I wonder how many of those folks that specifically voted for Trump because he wasn't "Crooked Hillary" are going to have a taste for enthusiastically saddling up with a candidate who is under six House committee impeachment inquiries. Love comes and goes.
All of them. And then some. You can mark my words right now - this is a gigantic political miscalculation being made by the Dems. Trump's poll numbers will notch up another point or two over the coming weeks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:45 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm
All of them. And then some. You can mark my words right now - this is a gigantic political miscalculation being made by the Dems. Trump's poll numbers will notch up another point or two over the coming weeks.
It remains to be seen. tapeisrolling makes a good point. Nixon was popular too until though investigations and inquiries the country finally grew tired of the bullshit and said 'enough is enough' (or more accurately, when his elected supporters realized staying with Nixon would cost them their jobs)

tapeisrolling is also right about the worry about something worse coming out aspect. In the past 6 hours the White House has gone from promising full disclosure about the nature of the Ukrainian phone call to "we'll work something out" with the content of the whistle blowers charges. Given the Senate's 100-0 vote to release the information, if Trump attempts to renege, it's game over.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:42 pm

The difference is that with Trump, the boy has cried wolf one too many times and his supporters JUST DON'T CARE about ANY accusations made against him. Considering everything he's been accused of during his Presidency, can you explain why his poll numbers remain virtually unchanged over the past 16 months or why he's near an all-time high right now? Simple. NOTHING is sticking to him. And the left has used up every ounce of political capital they had in going after him. It's gone.

Trump's supporters will stick with him right until the very end. And the left has never really understood his supporters or why they support him; hence why they've failed time and again to take him out.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:42 pm
The difference is that with Trump, the boy has cried wolf one too many times and his supporters JUST DON'T CARE about ANY accusations made against him. Considering everything he's been accused of during his Presidency, can you explain why his poll numbers remain virtually unchanged over the past 16 months or why he's near an all-time high right now? Simple. NOTHING is sticking to him. And the left has used up every ounce of political capital they had in going after him. It's gone.

Trump's supporters will stick with him right until the very end. And the left has never really understood his supporters or why they support him; hence why they've failed time and again to take him out.
I don't disagree with you. Where the logic falls apart is y'all seem to have bought in that the entire electorate are his supporters. That's not the case now, it has never been the case. We can quibble exact numbers but it's always been 35% give or take. You guys have been reading your own press way too much. The man has never had a majority of voters supporting him. Never. Sure, he's the most popular kid in your club, but your club isn't everyone. From the jump.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:02 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:42 pm

Every round of polls suggest his supporter pool is drying up. He certainly knows how to jump up and down and so do his supporters. As for nothing sticking to him, as far as you're concerned. The data is suggesting most of the country is fed up with him. Keep selling it baby.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 am

I've never suggested that the entire electorate supports him. His hardcore support group sits around 35% - I think that's a fairly accurate number. HOWEVER, I think it is also fair to point out that Trump's approval among republicans has been steady in the mid to high 80s for some time now. I think he has 40% of the electorate already wrapped up going into 2020.

Also, remember those never-Trump republicans who either sat home or even voted for Hillary in 2016? Guess what? Anybody on the left other than Biden pretty much scares the hell out of them. They'll vote for Trump in 2020. And even if Biden gets the nomination, he doesn't exactly excite the base.

Electorally, I see 2020 as virtually identical to 2016. At least 48 out of 50 states remain unchanged compared to 2016.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 am

Get ready for :

1. Trump turning against, and blaming - Rudy Giuliani - for Trump’s Ukraine-gate treason. The two will become arch enemies. Giuliani may even end up losing his license to practice law. Or worse.

2. Troops now sent to Saudi Arabia and the UAE being directed by the CIC to do something alarming against Iran - that diverts domestic and international attention away from Trump’s Ukraine-gate debacle.

3. Subpoenaed witnesses who refused to appear before Congress suddenly with no choice but to sit their butts down and answer lawmaker’s questions, or the questions of congressional staff attorneys.

4. Ivanka and Jared getting outta Dodge. They and their kids will move from DC - as the hot seat burns blue into Dad’s orange ass. They don’t want to get singed. Even though they’re already scarred.

5. Mitch McConnell and his republican senate majority will turn against Trump if and when it suits their sense of reelect-able political preservation. They FEIN loyalty to Trump and/or the nation. Their only true loyalty is to self - and their corrupt money.

6. If Ukraine’s new leader won’t help Trump out of His Ukraine- gate scandal - Putin will step in to help his puppet by simply having Zelenskiy shot or poisoned. He’ll then take all of Ukraine for himself. Just as he did their Crimea.

7. Speaker Pelosi will need stepped up protection because Trump’s gun-toting base will blame her - instead of Trump - for his actions - that got Him into his latest unpatriotic, unpresidential, NPD-driven, bully backfiring bust up.

Other stiff shifts are also on tap as the cockroaches scatter and Trump finally sinks of his own un-American weight.

Stay tuned, patriots. The Constitution’s about to be honored again - instead of used as Trump’s toilet paper.
Last edited by screen glare on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:15 am

BTW - impeachment does not have to end in removal from office to be successful. It’s about bringing to exposure an unfit president and branding his arrogant ass with the letter “I” for all of history. Showing the sick punk to be a GD liar. Revealing his love of self over love of country. A stink his future generations of family can never remove from their name. A vile association with lawlessness, selfishness, disrespect for all those Americans who fought and died for this great country, disregard for American values and principles, and making no contribution to forming a more perfect union. Let those words inspired by The Statue of Liberty ring loud and true, again.

Impeach well, patriots. Give no thought to politics, or outcome. Do the right thing. And let THAT be our great nation’s sacred reward.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:07 am

Nixon wasn't impeached. He resigned. Only two presidents have been impeached, Jackson and Clinton I believe, and while both made it through the House both failed in the Senate. Judges however have been several times.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic