Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Energy lemmings

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Energy lemmings

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:43 am

You all fall for it. You’re so easily persuaded. You’re gullible.

When politicians and energy companies told you to turn the thermostat down in the winter, lying that “it’ll crash the system and people will die if you don’t,” you all did it. You felt a sense of pride that you saved lives, but you believed a constructed lie and acted on it.

Now, “energy experts” are telling you to turn your AC to 78 while you're home, 82 when you sleep, and 85 when you’re away.

AND YOU’LL ALL DO IT BECAUSE YOU'RE LEMMINGS!

lovinlife101

Re: Energy lemmings

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am
Yea, and what happens when grid goes offline at 5 pm because EVERYONE sets the thermostat from 85 back to 78. Silly.

82 is probably isn't the most comfortable at night. Most of the time just open the windows at night.
YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT!

Show me anywhere in the history of the world that the grid will go offline if people don’t do what politicians and the energy company say.

lovinlife101

Re: Energy lemmings

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 pm
Now, “energy experts” are telling you to turn your AC to 78 while you're home, 82 when you sleep, and 85 when you’re away.
Turn it up at night? Really?!?! That makes no sense. Outside temperatures at night are cooler; AC systems do not need to work as hard.

Also, who in their right mind would turn UP the thermostat as they're about to hit the sack?

I usually keep it around 76 in the daytime (would turn it up to 80 while I'm at the office, but I have a dog in the house and want him to stay comfortable) and 73 at night when I'm sleeping.
When you turn the thermostat up, the AC either doesn’t work as hard or doesn’t have to work at all. For example, outside temperature of 75, turn thermostat up to 82, it likely doesn’t kick on at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic