Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does the left view abortion as such a sacred right?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Why does the left view abortion as such a sacred right?

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 pm
I don't believe anyone on this board is more left than I am. I don't view abortion as a left - right issue. Here in Canada, abortion rights came about, not through the courts, but through legislation passed by a right wing government.
What you call a right-wing government in Canada is considered pretty solid left here. The termnology or placement on the left-right scale are essentially irrelevant here. By US standards, you have 2 sides up there: left, and far left. So, maybe not the best argument honetly.
Our Conservative Party is so far right, they make Trump/Pence look like progressives.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Excellent place, Canada. Kind of like the US - if most folks here were civilized.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:40 pm
screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 pm
Excellent place, Canada. Kind of like the US - if most folks here were civilized.
People killing their own young is the height of uncivilized barbarism, but you like to keep it “legal and safe.”

I'm a Canadian who has never killed anyone and never will.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:40 pm
screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 pm
People killing their own young is the height of uncivilized barbarism, but you like to keep it “legal and safe.”

I'm a Canadian who has never killed anyone and never will.
If you read my comment correctly, you would have noticed I was responding to screen glare, not you, eh!

I don’t care what your nationality is.

As far as your comment about never killing anyone. How do you know? Can you predict the future, eh?

I can predict my future the same way as you can predict you will never perform an abortion.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 am

I am going to leave this right here for all you KKKristians to discuss...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am

This is sad but they made a choice to break a law and sadly paid a horrible price. Had they tried entering the country legally they would still be with us. My heart breaks for them but when you make bad choices you have to live with the consequences.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am

Possibly ZZand. TCT could be tripping like the people in the photo might have tripped over the log.

Either way Photoshop was busy today. I'm not even sure that is a real picture. There is no evidence of oxygen deprivation (blueing of skin).

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:50 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am
Possibly ZZand. TCT could be tripping like the people in the photo might have tripped over the log.

Either way Photoshop was busy today. I'm not even sure that is a real picture. There is no evidence of oxygen deprivation (blueing of skin).
Wow, I am seriously going to pray for you. Where exactly is this in the New Testament?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:34 pm

TC Talks, it is a popular notion that this photo is either staged or photo shopped and for the reason Audiophile stated, there is no outward sign on oxygen deprivation or other outward signs of drowning. I don't buy those ideas but have heard them on cited on newscasts and some pretty reliable sources.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:23 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:34 pm
TC Talks, it is a popular notion that this photo is either staged or photo shopped and for the reason Audiophile stated, there is no outward sign on oxygen deprivation or other outward signs of drowning. I don't buy those ideas but have heard them on cited on newscasts and some pretty reliable sources.
Anyone who finds comedy in migrants dying whether this be a legitimate photograph or a representation shouldn't be considered a Christian. Hundreds have died trying to find shelter. God loves all people. Jesus preached about social justice against government tyranny. The United States has lost its ability to call itself a nation of God.

The support the Evangelical Christians have for this immagration action demonstrates how far they have strayed from faith. But I understand there is money to be made from warping Christianity into a political machine.

And just as women in a free Society have the choice on what they do with their body, Evangelical Christians can also do whatever they choose, but at some point, they cease having faith.

I lead an organization with 24 denominations, not one finds the Trump administration's actions on immigration Christian in nature. No Evangelical churches are members of our group doubg God's work. Perhaps serving Christ didn't test well in the market studies Evangelical leaders use in deciding how to direct their flock. There is certainly no money to be made.
John Kelly joins board of company operating largest shelter for unaccompanied migrant children
http://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/trum ... c-warriors

I do not believe in hell but this would be an example of how one could become eligible.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm

I found no humor in the photo, only deception and maybe sarcasm.

New testament? That's easy! Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

If you lead an organization of 24 churches and then you don't believe in Gehenna, then who is out of step?
Matthew 5:22: "....whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into Gehenna."
Matthew 5:29: "....it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into Gehenna."
Matthew 5:30: "....better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into Gehenna."
Matthew 10:28: "....rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul [Greek: ψυχή] and body in Gehenna."
Matthew 18:9: "It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than with two eyes to be thrown into the Gehenna...."
Matthew 23:15: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you... make one proselyte...twice as much a child of Gehenna as yourselves."
Matthew 23:33, to the Pharisees: "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you to escape the sentence of Gehenna?"
Mark 9:43: "It is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into Gehenna into the unquenchable fire."
Mark 9:45: "It is better for you to enter life lame, than having your two feet, to be cast into Gehenna."
Mark 9:47: "It is better for you to enter the Kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into Gehenna."
Luke 12:5: "....fear the One who, after He has killed has authority to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, fear Him."

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm

I do have an issue calling them migrants. They are illegal immigrants. Let's be honest about this.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm
I do have an issue calling them migrants. They are illegal immigrants. Let's be honest about this.
Honest? Seeking asylum is a legal process. Being in Mexico is a legal status.

People in the US with an expired visa or without going through the asylum process are illegal immigrants. That is not who we are detaining, they are asylum seekers.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm

And you are the chosen one to pass these judgements? I think that makes you a false prophet.
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.
And the almost two year old girl in the ditch was real. Only assholes in the media you watch and you Audiophile would question the image's validity. I hope you will find your faith eventually.
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm
I found no humor in the photo, only deception and maybe sarcasm.

New testament? That's easy! Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

If you lead an organization of 24 churches and then you don't believe in Gehenna, then who is out of step?
Matthew 5:22: "....whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into Gehenna."
Matthew 5:29: "....it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into Gehenna."
Matthew 5:30: "....better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into Gehenna."
Matthew 10:28: "....rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul [Greek: ψυχή] and body in Gehenna."
Matthew 18:9: "It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than with two eyes to be thrown into the Gehenna...."
Matthew 23:15: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you... make one proselyte...twice as much a child of Gehenna as yourselves."
Matthew 23:33, to the Pharisees: "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you to escape the sentence of Gehenna?"
Mark 9:43: "It is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into Gehenna into the unquenchable fire."
Mark 9:45: "It is better for you to enter life lame, than having your two feet, to be cast into Gehenna."
Mark 9:47: "It is better for you to enter the Kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into Gehenna."
Luke 12:5: "....fear the One who, after He has killed has authority to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, fear Him."

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

What judgements?

How did the "pro-life" get added to it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic