Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Police Try to Catch Lawmakers

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Police Try to Catch Lawmakers

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:23 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:11 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 am
I'm reasonably certain that this has happened in the past but it was Governor Brown who was being pursued by the State Police.

Allow TC to make hay from this and enjoy the schadenfreude.
Considering I spend a good deal of time in Oregon due to owning a place here and make a point of keeping up with events in the area, I'm reasonably certain you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. By all means, I'll be more than happy to take back calling out your lie if you can provide evidence to the contrary. The ball is in your court Chief, put up or shut up...
https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/ ... 516995001/
Yes, Gov. Brown was involved in a walkout. No, she wasn't being chased by the State Police.

From your citation:
House Democrats, including then-Minority Leader Kate Brown, staged a five-day walkout to prevent a Republican maneuver to redraw state legislative districts without the governor’s signature

Let's again look at what you said: "I'm reasonably certain that this has happened in the past but it was Governor Brown who was being pursued by the State Police".

Clearly two different things.

Listen, I'm not here to humiliate you. You did a pretty good job of that all by yourself. Facts matter, maybe now more than ever. If you wish to promote fabricated information, that's on you but don't be astonished if you receive blow-back on it. Also don't be surprised if from this point forward a post from FET-500 holds zero credibility in the minds of anyone but your political tribe.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:40 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Are you some new echo monkey?
Matt throws bat guano but there's no substance.
Brilliant retort...
I felt it was worthy of your abilities.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 pm
FET-500 wrote:
FET-500 wrote:
I'm reasonably certain that this has happened in the past but it was Governor Brown who was being pursued by the State Police.

Considering I spend a good deal of time in Oregon due to owning a place here and make a point of keeping up with events in the area, I'm reasonably certain you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. By all means, I'll be more than happy to take back calling out your lie if you can provide evidence to the contrary. The ball is in your court Chief, put up or shut up...
Yes, Gov. Brown was involved in a walkout. No, she wasn't being chased by the State Police.

From your citation:
House Democrats, including then-Minority Leader Kate Brown, staged a five-day walkout to prevent a Republican maneuver to redraw state legislative districts without the governor’s signature

Let's again look at what you said: "I'm reasonably certain that this has happened in the past but it was Governor Brown who was being pursued by the State Police".

Listen, I'm not here to humiliate you. You did a pretty good job of that all by yourself. Facts matter, maybe now more than ever. If you wish to promote fabricated information, that's on you but don't be astonished if you receive blow-back on it. Also don't be surprised if from this point forward a post from FET-500 holds zero credibility in the minds of anyone but your political tribe.
With regard to my statement regarding Kate Brown being pursued by the State Police, I stand corrected.
Honestly, I believed that they send the cops out each time this gag runs but as it turns out, the Republicans chose not to compel Kate Brown and force a quorum in 2001. Gov. Brown wasn't just involved though, she was Senate Minority Leader. Oregon has a rich history of legislative walkouts. Is this something to expect when you superimpose Portlandia over LaVoy Finicum?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:40 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Are you some new echo monkey?
Matt throws bat guano but there's no substance.
Brilliant retort...
I felt it was worthy of your abilities.
That one fell flat. Take another shot?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:14 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:08 pm
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 pm
FET-500 wrote:
FET-500 wrote:

From your citation:

With regard to my statement regarding Kate Brown being pursued by the State Police, I stand corrected.
Honestly, I believed that they send the cops out each time this gag runs but as it turns out, the Republicans chose not to compel Kate Brown and force a quorum in 2001. Gov. Brown wasn't just involved though, she was Senate Minority Leader. Oregon has a rich history of legislative walkouts. Is this something to expect when you superimpose Portlandia over LaVoy Finicum?
I appreciate you being relatively stand up about your error.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic