Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Keep America Great

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Keep America Great

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:44 pm
The complete idiot you voted for wrote:President Trump said during his 2020 reelection campaign kickoff speech late Tuesday that his administration is "getting closer" to curing cancer.

"We will push onward with new medical frontiers," Trump told a packed stadium of 20,000 in Orlando, Fla. "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases - including cancer and others - and we're getting closer all the time."

Trump also made a campaign promise of eradicating AIDS "once and for all," adding that "we're very close."
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ing-cancer
And you're calling MATT obtuse?

:lol

You are aware that Joe Biden very recently promised that he WILL cure cancer if elected, are you not?
Joe Biden wrote:I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-bi ... -president

:rollin :rollin

So if Trump is a "complete idiot" for what he said, what does that make Biden?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 pm

The difference? Biden understands the weight of his proclamation, Trump was just parroting things others have said. It is also why his daily briefings remain a series of pictures in primary colors instead of words.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm
This hypothetical might be the most absurd thing I've ever read in this forum. If Trump loses, he will peacefully leave office. That 2 and a half month interim after the election but before the transition will be plenty of time for the legal process to determine the winner in the event of a super close election. And if it were to come to a point where Trump genuine believed he was cheated out of a victory it wouldn't matter because he would be a lame duck with probably ZERO support from anybody in Congress - the political pressure on him to leave would be immense and so to avoid tarnishing his legacy of his first term he would leave peacefully.
If you recall, Bush v. Gore was only settled Dec. 12th, six days prior to the Electoral College met to 'certify' the election. Keep in mind, neither of those two men had anywhere near the history of initiating lawsuits as Trump has demonstrated. When have we seen Trump not take any dispute to comically absurd proportions.

As for Congress stepping in (specifically the GOP Senate) there's no evidence they would choose country over party. Ask Merrick Garland how well that worked out for him when McConnell decides he's not going to lift a finger regardless of legalities. Holding on to power is the only coin of the realm he knows or cares about.

Given Trump's ongoing precarious legal situations, I don't think he gives a rat's ass about legacy. For him the 2020 election boils down to not living out his remaining years in jail. Well at least for four more years.

Believe what you will but I'd rest easier if someone had a plan in place to insure an orderly transfer of power was guaranteed even if it means legally dragging his ass out of the White House by a couple of 6'4", 260 lb. Marines in dress uniforms.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm
Believe what you will but I'd rest easier if someone had a plan in place to insure an orderly transfer of power was guaranteed...
And what do you propose exactly? Legislation?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm
Believe what you will but I'd rest easier if someone had a plan in place to insure an orderly transfer of power was guaranteed...
And what do you propose exactly? Legislation?
Nothing more than what I said originally. A contingency plan. If that means letting Trump know in no uncertain terms that he'll be walked out of the office, fine. It's a damn sight better than trusting he'll make an honorable exit on his own.

None of this would have been need considered if Trump hadn't already in writing advanced the idea of staying longer than the law allows.

".....news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT)"

- June 16, 2019

and from back in 2016

Asked Tuesday on Tampa Bay, Florida’s 970 WFLA station whether he would contest the results of a “really close” election, Trump affirmed. “Well, if I think there’s something that was wrong,” he said.

He added: “If I think everything’s on the up and up, that’s a lot of different, and we can only see what happens. I hope it’s gonna be very fair. I think we’re gonna do very well.”

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:29 pm

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm

I don't think Biden will end up getting the nod. Not quite sure yet who it will be but I just don't think in the end Biden will get it. Then again I never thought Trump would win...it is a strange world we live in .

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Smooth transition of power? Ask Trump’s former fixer and yes man over many years - who said - he would have “taken a bullet” for “Mr. Trump”.

Jailbird, Michael Cohen testified under oath before Congress that he has serious doubts Trump will leave the White House in a
peaceful transition of presidential power. Made it sound like he was warning America that Trump will never willingly hand over the presidency to anyone.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:03 pm

I think some of you have your tinfoil hats on a little too tightly.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:03 pm
I think some of you have your tinfoil hats on a little too tightly.
I guess that leads to the question, which is worse, wearing a tinfoil hat or myopic blinders?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Both sides are equally guilty of looking the other way when their guy does something wrong. However, this paranoia about how Trump is literally the beginning of the end of the world seems to be unique to the left. There were certainly people who believed that Obama was going to be downfall of our republic, but those people were smaller in number and not a bunch of crazed lunatics (generally speaking).

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:49 pm

You have just described the majority of the Democrat party

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Neither the Democratic party or the Republican party has ever witnessed from a US president:
the intense type of erratic, unstable, chaotic behaviors,
or daily serial lies,
“admiration in action” and words of praise publicly lavished upon enemies of the USA,
public belief in a murderous dictator’s words over his own intelligence agencies,
telling America and the world that our free press is “ the enemy of the American people”,
engagement in every kind of despicable disrespect of American heroes and their families,
abuse (to death) of innocent frightened children,
support for neo-Nazis and other white supremicists,
insulting and demeaning women, immigrants, races, ethnicities, countries, transgender military fighters, our Nato allies, and major world religions,
used his office for sweeping personal financial gain,
a cabinet brimming with copious numbers of scandals and constant turnover,
an executive branch loaded with unfilled positions,
engendered many street protests of the American president here and abroad featuring thousands of fearful and angry persons marching in the streets,
almost 150 Russian contacts during his campaign, during his election, and after,
fighting the release of his tax returns,
fighting every request for witness testimony and documents from Congress so it may abide by the Constitution and perform its mandated oversight of The Executive Branch,
dividing Americans with fear and dystopian speeches instead of unifying.

DO NOT PRETEND THIS IS ACCEPTABLE, OR NORMAL. DO NOT PRETEND IT IS RIGHT. The world and our countrymen have never witnessed a US president as shockingly unfit to serve as Donald Trump.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 pm

BTW - I guess the Brits also have so-called TDS. He’s not their leader, but they recoil and worry over all of the obscene things I’ve listed above. Even people across the sea are scared enough of the consequences of Trump’s unpresidential words and behaviors to overflow the streets with signs and chants and a giant Trump caricature balloon as they march to protest him.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Oh yeah - and after all Trump’s reckless provocations tossed at Iran - breaking the negotiated and sanction-incentivized nuclear deal, rebranding Iran’s Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization, ramping up more sanctions to too high a level so as to elicit an undesirable response in attacking tanker ships, shooting down a US drone, etc. - instead of eliciting desired new negotiations. So - Iran is now our focus and target for ... wait for it ... WAR!

NO SURPRISE!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic