Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hobby Lobby Stays Open? Natural Selection.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Hobby Lobby Stays Open? Natural Selection.

Post by screen glare » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:20 pm

Whether Hobby Lobby or another “non-essential-during-pandemic” commercial entity - remaining open for business - now - is an example of Natural Selection.

Whether message from God - or another reason - do not remain open - endangering all who work there, and customers!

Humans who make wrong and dangerous decisions in a pandemic often won’t live long enough to use the glue gun they bought to make a door wreath for Easter.

Natural Selection. For sure. Tisk, tisk, tisk. That anti-Jesus evangelical Prosperity Gospel will get ya killed. Amen!

audiophile

Re: Hobby Lobby Stays Open? Natural Selection.

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 am

They have fabric and supplies to make masks. The medical / emergency responder community is accepting homemade masks right now.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=fabric

https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=needles

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:23 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:20 pm
Whether Hobby Lobby or another “non-essential-during-pandemic” commercial entity - remaining open for business - now - is an example of Natural Selection.
The problem with this? They are very exploitive with employees. The creep who leads the company wraps himself in a blanket of Jesus then completely behaves like the Antichrist. He never gets hurt, his workers do.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:43 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:23 am
screen glare wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:20 pm
The problem with this? They are very exploitive with employees. The creep who leads the company wraps himself in a blanket of Jesus then completely behaves like the Antichrist. He never gets hurt, his workers do.
I'm not saying you are incorrect when you talk of Hobby Lobby being exploitive with their employees.
Or the workers get hurt. (I've not seen or heard of that yet, maybe I missed it).
But I ponder if you know this first hand? Or is this something you heard or read in the media?

Like Walmart. If you listen to the media, Walmart is a terrible horrible place to work.
But of the dozen or so people I know that actually work there, every one says it's not bad at all.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 am

WalMart has actually become a pretty aware and respectful company. They haven't always been and that is why they earned their criticism in the past.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 am
They have fabric and supplies to make masks. The medical / emergency responder community is accepting homemade masks right now.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=fabric

https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=needles
Jo Ann Fabrics has remained open also. They are even giving "mask kits" away for free.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:57 am

Natural Selection = Chicken Lickin on The Rim of Fire.

Experts caution.

But - Freedom!

Natural Selection.

Mother Nature’s a bitch.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:18 am

Making masks? Sweet.

Hobby Lobby? Not.

Sellin’ “antiquities”. Quickly Dumpin’ same.

Diabolical ownership in Jesus-guise.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:35 am

I don’t try to shut anything down nor try to stop anyone from freely doing what they want.
But if what if what I really freely want to do is punch you in the throat? Should I be free to do that?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 am
WalMart has actually become a pretty aware and respectful company. They haven't always been and that is why they earned their criticism in the past.
I'll give them credit for being situationally aware enough to now take employee temperatures before letting them start their shift. Only like other countries have been doing for weeks now... Can't wait for the conservatives to cry that it somehow violates workers constitutional rights and freedoms.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:31 am

What a pack of self serving old wrinkled sacks.
On Monday, the company resumed business in several states where it had been forced to temporarily close. A March 28 memo obtained by Business Insider equipped managers with talking points for "how to respond and communicate if visited by a local authority that asks why we are open."

In a separate leaked note sent last week, executives wrote that the company "is going to make every effort to continue working the employees."

https://www.businessinsider.com/hobby-l ... wns-2020-3

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:39 am

Michigan AG just ordered Jo Ann Fabrics to close all retail operations.

I guess selling material to people willing to make surgical masks for ER Doctors that are in very short supply is not deemed essential. But, Liquor stores are?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:50 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:39 am
Michigan AG just ordered Jo Ann Fabrics to close all retail operations.

I guess selling material to people willing to make surgical masks for ER Doctors that are in very short supply is not deemed essential. But, Liquor stores are?
Nobody’s private property should ever be shut down by government.

Does that include brothels, crack houses and bootlegging establishments

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:30 am

Like I said. Natural Selection.

Speaking of that - I see there’s another Evangelical false prophet who says he’s going to lead his followers and anyone else he can drag astray to a Pennsylvania “Easter Blowout” out-of-doors church service - that will rival Woodstock.

He went into tizzy mode at the recent arrest of the Tampa, FL evangelical leader who - against a county health directive - held his regular Sunday mega-church service - exposing the conned, desperate throng and their kids to COVID-19.

That Catholic celibacy requirement dangerously and tragically attracts a lot of pedophiles into the priesthood. But at least The Pope banned all public gathering in parishes for Mass - encouraging such community worship services only via media platforms - to protect Catholic Christians from COVID-19.

Maybe some day celibacy will not be required, and pedophiles won’t view the priesthood as a place to hide their crimes - while enjoying outward adulation, and easy access to time alone in secret with kids.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:07 am

Even for those of age 60+, 95% still live.

Today they showed a 95 year-old WWII veteran that lived through it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic