Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

California introduces bill banning paper receipts

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

California introduces bill banning paper receipts

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:35 am

California is really "ban" happy. Plastic bags, plastic straws, and now maybe paper receipts! Instead of banning anything, why not just let consumers decide for themselves?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/californ ... as-receipt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: California introduces bill banning paper receipts

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 am

I support this proposal.

Paper receipts are unnecessary in the computer and smartphone age. They keep getting lengthier & lengthier (CVS' by far are the worst), are taking up landfill space, and the ink is harmful for our environment.

The proposal as written still would permit customers to receive a paper receipt upon request.

I would be supportive of amending the proposal to exempt small mom & pop retailers. The worst offenders are the national chain stores anyway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 am
I support this proposal.

Paper receipts are unnecessary in the computer and smartphone age. They keep getting lengthier & lengthier (CVS' by far are the worst), are taking up landfill space, and the ink is harmful for our environment.

The proposal as written still would permit customers to receive a paper receipt upon request.

I would be supportive of amending the proposal to exempt small mom & pop retailers. The worst offenders are the national chain stores anyway.
I'm 6'4 and sometimes it feels like CVS receipts are longer than I am tall. I don't see why they can't just text/email the receipts. Most smaller coffee shops and breweries offer that choice.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:59 am

Ever see the receipts that Kmart and Meijer print out? It's nuts. At least consumers can still get a paper receipt if it passes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:09 am

I've shopped at Kmart once in the past ten years.
The problem with Meijer isn't the receipts - it's the damn check out coupons (which print separately from the receipt).

That leads to an interesting question - are the stupid check out coupons that are useless 90% of the time also subject to the restrictions contained in the California legislation?

kager

Post by kager » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am

Many receipts are full-on ads on the back side - often full-color, and not even related to the store you receive it from.

Most stores offer the option to go paperless these days - even so much as asking if you even want a receipt at all.

It doesn't need to be legislated. Just more BS government over-reach from the state that invented the practice.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:59 pm

I think paper receipts are so wasteful.
Last edited by Deleted User 14990 on Sun May 12, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 12, 2019 7:09 pm

When we're in Florida, my wife sometimes shops at KMart. They always give her about two yards of paper. They should print them on a tissue that could be reused in the bathroom.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm

It won’t be long before “The Liberal Republic of California” bans toilet paper. 🧻

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic