Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer ultimatum: No budget signature without 'real' road funding

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer ultimatum: No budget signature without 'real' road funding

Post by Matt » Fri May 10, 2019 12:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am
bmw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 am
Funny how Whitmer ran and campaigned as a moderate who could work with republicans to get things done, and now that she's in office she won't even support a bill with bi-partisan support.

It is gonna be a long 6 years.
Even more funny is that the Republicans didn't get the message that the citizens of Michigan are not happy with ineffective governing. The Republicans dominated the Senate, the House and the Governor's office and look how screwed up the state is right now. I understand that doesn't seem to bother someone like Matt, because he's a lemming that can only parrot the party line. But I ask you, where is your scrutiny to the party that accomplished nothing in all of the time they had control?
This cheap shot is the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?" It's pathetic and I used to think that would be beneath you. Know I'm not so sure you're that much different than a former poster who lost his shit on here years ago. You suggested that the asshole governor that we have knows more than us (specifically MW in your comment) because she represents more people. Well, Donald Trump represents 327M Americans, so are you advocating that he knows even better than the idiot in Lansing? Just today, Whitmer line item vetoed funding for the wrongfully imprisoned, presumably so there can be a future referendum to NOT compensate the wrongfully imprisoned.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Matt would find a way to discredit a Democrat who cured cancer. It's just his mindset.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Matt would find a way to discredit a Democrat who cured cancer. It's just his mindset.
So what is it exactly that Whitmer deserves credit for?

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri May 10, 2019 1:44 pm

To start, I think she deserves credit for turning down that turd of a bill this week they called auto insurance reform. That can't really help anybody except MAYBE save a few bucks at the end of the year (that wasn't guaranteed in this bill, it just guaranteed coverage was removed). Good luck if anyone is ever in a serious accident requiring lifelong care.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
If you don't have me blocked, please articulate my view on gay marriage and tell me which party it more aligns with.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Gas sales and per-gallon taxes are going to be short-sighted unless we also address getting some road tax revenue from the electrics that are going to be hitting the market in much larger quantities. They pay virtually no road taxes as it stands today, so there will be increased incentives to purchase and use them if that disparity is not fixed.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
If you don't have me blocked, please articulate my view on gay marriage and tell me which party it more aligns with.
I would never block you, Matt. You're often wrong but never stupid. I only block trolls and those participating in the rampant dumbassery that has popped up recently.

Your view on gay marriage is irrelevant; it became nonpartisan with the first Log Cabin Republican.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm

To start, I think she deserves credit for turning down that turd of a bill this week they called auto insurance reform. That can't really help anybody except MAYBE save a few bucks at the end of the year (that wasn't guaranteed in this bill, it just guaranteed coverage was removed). Good luck if anyone is ever in a serious accident requiring lifelong care.
You evidently know little about auto insurance markets and have completely disregarded extensive data available from 49 other states if that's truly what you believe, Zenith. (Or, maybe you're just independently wealthy if you consider $1,000 or more in annual savings for a two-car household to be "a few bucks.")

The de facto insurance tax Michigan forces its residents to pay is very regressive and hurts moderate and low income families the most.

I'm glad Matt mention Whitmer's veto of wrongful imprisonment recompense funding; that was a truly sickening and completely inexcusable action by our Governor. I will be starting a thread on this topic within moments.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm

So she's not a piece of shit, she is simply ensuring no one get fucked in this deal.
She wants everyone else in the state to subsidize Detroit's high car theft rates.

Yes, auto insurance rates in Detroit are outrageously high. They would remain higher than the rest of the state under the GOP bills yet would still see a considerable rate reduction from present levels. The ability to opt out of PIP or reduce PIP coverage to, say, $50,000 could save the typical Detroit driver a couple thousand dollars annually.

Residents of Detroit - other than the morons who grossly overpay for condos in midtown and downtown - pay much smaller mortgage payments than the rest of us.

If Whitmer wants outstate to subsidize part of Detroit's auto insurance premiums, does that mean Detroiters will be taxed to even-out differentials in home mortgage payments?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
And if Donald Trump walked on water, the left would say it had something to do with Russia.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
And if Donald Trump walked on water, the left would say it had something to do with Russia.
I'd take average competency.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic