Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Censored From Network News-NSFW

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Censored From Network News-NSFW

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:09 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm
No, it was a choice my parents made.

Naturally, my parents have to be the first pro-life Democrats in history. Figures.
How dare they... bunch of fire breathing right wingers...
I meant that as in "why couldn't I have been aborted?".

I can't speak for my dad since he's been dead since 2014. The only person he trusted less than a politician was the businessman. So I can only imagine what he'd say about Trump being both of them. He was more a Libertarian, just without the dickish tendencies. He believed in fair play. But my mom is one of those "my life didn't turn out the way I wanted because of the black welfare queens" Republican voters now.

I feel like such an outlier because I blame no one but myself for my personal shortcomings. What a concept.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Naturally, my parents have to be the first pro-life Democrats in history. Figures.

I can't speak for my dad since he's been dead since 2014. The only person he trusted less than a politician was the businessman. So I can only imagine what he'd say about Trump being both of them. He was more a Libertarian, just without the dickish tendencies. He believed in fair play. But my mom is one of those "my life didn't turn out the way I wanted because of the black welfare queens" Republican voters now.

I feel like such an outlier because I blame no one but myself for my personal shortcomings. What a concept.
I meant that with total sarcasm...

Folks that have seen their fortunes decline always blame people who are different and rationalize ways that they have harmed them. Nobody can be introspective... that’s too hard.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:10 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Folks that have seen their fortunes decline always blame people who are different and rationalize ways that they have harmed them. Nobody can be introspective... that’s too hard.
I have to be introspective every single day. Otherwise, I rationalize reasons to get intoxicated. I wonder what the world would be like if others did the same more often.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:10 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I have to be introspective every single day. Otherwise, I rationalize reasons to get intoxicated. I wonder what the world would be like if others did the same more often.
Good point... another one like that is if all the people ranting about things like kneeling football players and such channeled that furor into helping people in need we would be so much better off...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:28 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:10 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Good point... another one like that is if all the people ranting about things like kneeling football players and such channeled that furor into helping people in need we would be so much better off...
Well, that's the thing. See, based on some posts online that I've seen over the years, the conservative is the person that's never done anything wrong in life. And was always treated unfairly. They never caught a break or got a leg up. Always hardscrabble. So why should I help anyone else? Who helped me? I never caught a single break in life. I had to earn EVERYTHING I ever had. So why should anyone else have it any better than me? And besides, how do *I* benefit from it? Oh, I don't? Then no, no one else can have it. The irony is, most of the people I know like this IRL had more advantages than anyone else, usually at the hands of their parents. You know, the kids that were getting the $80 jeans while teasing the kid with the K-Mart clothes. It is what it is.

You subsidize one kid's inhaler, and next thing you know, breathing is an entitlement. That's not blood you're coughing up, that's freedom.

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic