Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"This is purely a public safety issue."

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101

Re: "This is purely a public safety issue."

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

"I know and respect Jamie Berlin."

Ah, now we get to why you post the way you do. So because you know and respect someone, that means it's okay for them to use their public servant's role to tell those they are supposed to be protecting to "drop dead."

It's okay for a cop to write someone a ticket, litter on their car, and never even try to talk to them? How about the next time a cop thinks you're speeding that they just put it on your car when you get home and aren't looking.

You have what a lot of people have: a love affair with cops. Is it the uniform? Do you just like people in a uniform? Do you like to think they are better than everyone else because they carry guns and get to tell people what to do? Do you think you are special because you know one of them? Do you think they may grant you special favors because of your relationship? Do you like to see cops exert force over other people? Whatever floats your boat. I'm not judging you. I'm just pointing out that you give police more leniency than those who are paying the cops' salaries. They work for us, not the other way around. However, many cops believe they are above the very law they are supposed to be upholding. And they are obnoxious about it too.

I, for one, do not believe cops have special rights or that they are better than anyone else.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 pm

"The man probably is at the mercy of a judge that will back in cops"

That's correct, Fingerboard Corners.

Unfortunately many judges are former law enforcement officials that will side with cops rather than try to hear a case objectively. They take care of their own and protect their territory.

Fingerboard Corners

Post by Fingerboard Corners » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:Unfortunately many judges are former law enforcement officials that will side with cops rather than try to hear a case objectively. They take care of their own and protect their territory.
There are certainly some judges with anger management issues. One business establishment I saw in Metro Detroit had an office door that had shoe holes where it had been kicked in. I asked what happened and they said, "Judge _____ ________ did that". I said, "Why would a Judge do that?". They said, "Well, because he used to work here before he became a Lawyer and a Judge." Seems that every time he got angry at a client, he kicked a hole in the door. So those holes had been in the door for a long time for him to have become a Lawyer and a Judge in the mean time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Plate Cap wrote:With all deference to the Harvard Law School consultants here on the Buzzboard, the law is clear:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-257-676

Municipalities with police departments unilaterally adopt the Michigan Vehicle Code, from whence this is drawn, as their vehicle law basis.

Then, they add as they feel necessary. The quote above deals with public roads; they could easily adopt for all properties. It appears this occurred in Roseville. I know and respect Jamie Berlin; he is a straight shooter, a friend of the common guy, and an all around good cop that went through the ranks and is a notable Chief.

The law only makes sense. The uprising is purely another attempt on the part of anyone and everyone who ever got a ticket to 'get back at those damn cops'. It's everywhere, and it stinks. I stand by my previous post: If you don't like the law, lobby to change it.....don't vilify those you are paying to enforce it because you don't like it.

And, do cops everywhere a favor: If you are going to take issue with them doing their jobs for the things you don't happen to like, don't call them for the things you do.
This was written 1949, and was needed to prevent the majority of manual-transmission vehicles from simply rolling away of that era. You never want to trust the parking brake alone on manual-transmission vehicle. That is why it talks about turning the wheels too.

As you noted - It was applicable only on highways - not private driveways, So WXYZ is correct.

I ran my vehicle the other day to try and dry out a wet floor from spilt water. There was frost on the inside of the windshield too and it took a while to melt and dry out. Fortunately I do not live in USSRoseville, so the no tickets will be issued.

PS CF must have cut mechanical engineering classes - The aluminum head and block expand a different rates, and you placing a strain on the head gasket - it won't be as disastrous as the Challenger accident, but the same principal applies...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 am

So Plate Cap, since you think a police chief's encouragement of one of the citizens he is supposed to be protecting to "drop dead" was just a figure of speech, do you also believe Madonna's comment about "blowing up the White House" was just a figure of speech too?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38716714

For the record, I am a non-violent person. I think all forms of war are immoral.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:37 pm

audiophile wrote:WXYZ had a better write-up...there is NO state law on this. http://www.wxyz.com/news/roseville-man- ... n-driveway

Roseville has an ordinance and the police department stated there are 5-10 reports of stolen vehicles this way per year.

The fine was $128 dollars, which seems outrageous.

In my mind, this goes back to property rights. On YOUR property you should have the right to idle your car without a remote starter. The ordinance should be active only on public streets, or at public businesses (like gas stations). The likelyhood of theft at a private residence is very, very small being gone a few minutes.

This ordinance should be modified, and a public education campaign about not idling vehicle unattended, or unlocked should done - it could be mailed with your property tax statement.
AP hits the nail on the head as usual. I agree with statement as a whole above. Furthermore, I believe in this instance that theft of said veichle could be construed as a home invasion, since it is on one's property, and could result in serious time.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 pm

What the hell does this post have to do with Flint, Tri-Cities and Thumb media? Is the question whether or not an out-of-market station should air the story?

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:13 am

I thought this forum was to be regarding "Michigan Radio and TV?" Administrator, are you out there?

Granted, I always have the choice of just not coming here.

:(

BH

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 am

bobhuge wrote:I thought this forum was to be regarding "Michigan Radio and TV?" Administrator, are you out there?

BH
Good Lord.

First, we have nothing but whining from people who once got a ticket for something and now resent police......holding on desperately by their fingertips the supposed opportunity to "slap back" and "get even" at/with the police for enforcing a valid law in their community....the same putzes who would vilify the same police officers for not enforcing a law that affected said putzes.

Our answer here? The cops are crooked. The judges are crooked. Everything is stacked against us. Waaah.

Police not enforcing laws...addressed above and below. Judges involved in an insidious cabal with the police against us......watch the same whiners whine if a judge somewhere refused to adjudicate a law said whiner LIKED.

Said putzes won't form a community action committee and investigate how to change a local municipality's laws.....no, that would be more work than sitting in Mom's basement hammering on a keyboard and knocking the cop that did his job. The cop, his supervisor, and the chief should "be cool" just like them, and magically not enforce certain laws that said putz doesn't like.

Now we expect our uncompensated board administrator to don his coveralls and clean up the board so we are not 'inconvenienced' by reading something like this in the wrong slot? Like most of the posters, I noticed it probably didn't belong here, but, hey, it happens. Look no further than the first poster.

I'm deeper into this board recently because of a temporary issue that has reduced my mobility.....I used to only read and comment on technical things.....I can't believe the amount of senseless whining I'm seeing.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 am

bobhuge wrote:I thought this forum was to be regarding "Michigan Radio and TV?" Administrator, are you out there?

BH
I have to agree with Plate on last part...

Bob H*** hit 5 different forums about "Moving L-Band" See here:

search.php?keywords=dark+fiber&terms=al ... mit=Search

Then is annoyed with others including Admin....Well, Pot meet Kettle!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Bobhuge, why not complain about the "Jennifer Granholm" thread on the Detroit section?

It has nothing to do with Michigan radio and TV, but people who have posted in this forum seem okay with it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm

So this kid wears a hat, gets bullied and his butt kicked on a bus, then HE gets suspended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACvknqH1tfU

Unfortunately, this is the same reasoning a lot of you people have. You blame the victim!

You're all like, "Well, he shouldn't have worn that hat! Ber dee der."

Just like you say, "Well, that guy should not have warmed up his own vehicle in his own driveway."

Unbelievable, all of you.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm
So this kid wears a hat, gets bullied and his butt kicked on a bus, then HE gets suspended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACvknqH1tfU

Unfortunately, this is the same reasoning a lot of you people have. You blame the victim!

You're all like, "Well, he shouldn't have worn that hat! Ber dee der."

Just like you say, "Well, that guy should not have warmed up his own vehicle in his own driveway."

Unbelievable, all of you.
Ah, the days when cops ticketed folks for warming up their own cars in their own driveways. The cop didn’t even bother to talk to the person.

Those days are gone and I’m beyond orgasmic about that.

But it’s time to demand more accountability for cops and more rights for individuals!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic