Registrations in the queue through August 2 at 8:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Being pro-police

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:14 am

Eddie the Dead wrote:Sorry craig. I guess we don’t see eye to eye with the first sentence of my post. However, I think we’re on the same page with the rest of it. Even though our opinions are not the same, I’ll respect your point of view and leave it at that.
May you and your family have a happy holiday... and I’m not trying to be sarcastic.
No problem, we agree to disagree and I hope your holiday went well. :blink

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:18 am

lovinlife101 wrote:So carrying a knife and walking away from a cop is grounds for murdering someone?
You are stretching the truth to fit your agenda. As I pointed out earlier he was not walking away he was closing the gap, at an angle, but closing it none the less. and he wasn't just carrying a knife, he pulled it out of his pocket, a knife he had used earlier to slash tires.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 pm

craig11152 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:So carrying a knife and walking away from a cop is grounds for murdering someone?
You are stretching the truth to fit your agenda. As I pointed out earlier he was not walking away he was closing the gap, at an angle, but closing it none the less. and he wasn't just carrying a knife, he pulled it out of his pocket, a knife he had used earlier to slash tires.
Agreed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 pm

No! Not slashing tires! Anything but that! Now I agree with you. The police officer is 100% justified in shooting someone who is accused of slashing tires. Wow, I was totally underestimating this incident until you gave me that information.

Yes, that was sarcastic.

And no, he is not "closing the gap." I don't know what video you saw. He was walking farther away and got into a farther lane than the police were in. The only people "closing the gap" were the cops who shot and killed him for doing nothing to them.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote: And no, he is not "closing the gap." I don't know what video you saw. He was walking farther away and got into a farther lane than the police were in. The only people "closing the gap" were the cops who shot and killed him for doing nothing to them.
I watched the same video you did. I also went to the Google street view and observed the location, including the road markers, compared them to the positions of the vehicles in the video, looked up the overall length of the Chevy Tahoes the police drove and its pretty clear that the lad was 75 feet from the cops when he was in the cross walk, about 50 feet when he pulled his knife and 10-12 feet when he was shot. You play your histrionics all day long and your just ignoring reality.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow Craig great research, I agree with you, but I do think there should have more restraint on part of cop. It falls way short of murder though.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:12 pm

I'm going to try to explain this in a way that you can understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoB0PTWrLWU

The black man is walking down the street. At 49 seconds into the video, he is walking on the double line on the left. At 51 seconds he is walking on the double line on the right. At 57 seconds he is walking on the single line between the two lanes on the right. At each stage of the video, he continues to move right, starting at 49 seconds, then 51 seconds, then 57 seconds.

Once the white police exit their vehicles, starting at 55 seconds into the video, they are moving closer to the black man who is moving away from them. Police are on the left, the black man is on the right. The black man goes right to go farther away from the police. The police move farther right to get nearer to the black man. Both are moving to the right. The black man is moving away from the police. The police are moving nearer to the black man.

If you can't understand that, this video should help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhEcRrMA-M

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 pm

44 seconds: an armed suspect in a series of breaking and entering is running toward a cop car approximately 80-85 feet away. He is in the middle of a fairly busy 4 lane road in Chicago.

50 seconds: suspect slows to a walk and pulls his knife out of his pocket. He is now about 22 feet from first cop car while a second cop car pulls behind first car about 45-50 feet back.

53 seconds: suspect with knife in hand, pulls even with front of first cop car slightly to the right side. He is now about 40-45 feet from second car where 2 officers are getting out.

54 seconds: Suspect veers slightly to the right while continuing south bound on Pulaski in the south bound left lane. The second cop car is facing north in the north bound left lane still. Suspect is about30-35 feet from second car and moving in its general direction.

56 seconds: suspect is now about 20-22 feet from the second cop car ignoring commands to drop his weapon.

58: cop shoots suspect about 13-15 feet away.

Now I don't need Grover to explain to me that 80 feet is bigger than 13 feet. When he was finally shot he was the closest he had been the whole time.

Having pointed this out, as I said earlier I don't think the cop needed to shoot at that point. And I am happy to let a jury decide his fate. But I won't twist reality to fit an agenda which you clearly will.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm

My only "agenda" is to point out that when the police were closest to the victim it was because the police got closer to the victim, not the other way around. Any "closing of the gap" was police-imposed.

Have a nice day!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:32 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:My only "agenda" is to point out that when the police were closest to the victim it was because the police got closer to the victim, not the other way around. Any "closing of the gap" was police-imposed
That is completely untrue. I just don't know if you believe it or your just lying.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Posturing...

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:03 am

It's "you're," Craig.

The video doesn't lie.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Yo lol101 You going to donate to fill the blue goose :rollin You idiot

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Name-calling will get you absolutely nowhere with me, in fact, it just fuels my passion for justice, anti-bullying, and a better world.

Once again, I was right, you were wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/us/re ... event.html

"Around the time the freelance journalist Brandon Smith filed suit for release of the dash-cam video, on Aug. 5, 2015, the Chicago Police Department told him that it had already received, and rejected, 14 other Freedom of Information Act requests for the evidence. The city spent thousands of dollars in legal expenses to keep the video under wraps. And it would probably have continued to do so, had Judge Franklin Valderrama of the Cook County Circuit Court not ordered its release."

Police shot and killed this black teen in cold blood, then tried to keep this public information away from the public. And you think these are the good guys?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic