All accepted registrations through January 25 at 12:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Being pro-police

Post by zzand » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 am

Leave it to you to piss on something good. You must live a horrible lonely life in your ivory tower looking down on normal, sane, rational people. I won't bother answering your myopic, insane response because it shows how much of a misinformed, ignorant human you are. God bless your soul, I doubt anyone else will.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Being pro-police

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am
zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:22 am
Not that is going to change minds but this seemed the correct thread for it since it is police related, but in my city there was an officer who pulled over a car for no lights while driving at night. Obviously the right thing to do, walked up to talk to the driver and was shot and killed before a word had been spoken, thanks to body cam footage this was key to the justice that followed. Now I know LL101 will appreciate that since he or she has a hatred of all things cop related, so the death of one in the line of duty would be pleasing. The shooter was caught, tried, convicted and will be a guest of the state for the rest of his life, but anyhow, The community has come together in the wake of this insanity and formed a fund that does two things yearly, allows 125 children to go shop with a cop for Christmas with a 100 dollar budget, officers reach into their own wallets if the bill goes higher and the store that they shop at has "special" low prices for the event, and funds a college student who studies law enforcement. The fund is fed by a 5K that drew 700 runners from across 5 states this year, various fund raising dinners, the local Community Foundation and other events throughout the year. The money is then given to an investment company who takes care of it, with no fees, and is administered by a group from the community that includes police, sheriff, state officers and community members. It helps children who would otherwise have no Christmas have something to look forward to and a college student afford higher education. It has also, as a side effect, brought the community and law enforcement closer. Side note, when the officer has his funeral, Law Enforcement vehicles from 26 states were part of the motorcade from the funeral home to burial site. Not saying that there aren't bad apples in the police basket, but the good apples far outweigh the bad ones, unless you are one person who obviously spends time searching out the small percentage who aren't up to snuff.
First off, how dare you accuse me of being pleased with anyone dying?! I am 100% anti-violence. That means I am against cops choking out and killing an unarmed black man simply because he was selling single cigarettes. I am against cops shooting people because they thought they had a gun and it was a phone. I am against cops roughing people up simply because these innocent people don’t want to answer their probing questions. I’m also against anyone being violent with police. IT GOES BOTH WAYS!

Next, this whole “shop with a cop” joke. Most, if not all of the money, is donated by non-cops. So to say they’re being heroic here is a joke. They get paid to take kids out shopping. What other job gets that perk? Oh, and why do they need to do this PR? Because they do such a great job the other 364 days of the year. Right?

Oh, and who paid for all those cops from all over the state and country to not work and attend a funeral, most who never knew this person? Taxpayers! Not exactly heroic. If they had to actually take an unpaid day off, or pay for the gas in their personal vehicles, how many would attend? You can probably count on one hand.

There was a hunter killed this week. Who is going to pay for hunters from all over the country to attend his funeral? Nobody! And that’s the way it should be.

Cops get special treatment in society and in the eyes of the law and I’m fighting hard to make it so that everyone is treated equally.
Go away.. you make trolls everywhere ashamed to call you one of them...



lovinlife101
Posts: 2899
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:51 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 am
Leave it to you to piss on something good. You must live a horrible lonely life in your ivory tower looking down on normal, sane, rational people. I won't bother answering your myopic, insane response because it shows how much of a misinformed, ignorant human you are. God bless your soul, I doubt anyone else will.
I learned a long time ago that when someone attacks me personally, I win. They have nothing to contribute to the debate.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2899
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:52 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am
zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:22 am
Not that is going to change minds but this seemed the correct thread for it since it is police related, but in my city there was an officer who pulled over a car for no lights while driving at night. Obviously the right thing to do, walked up to talk to the driver and was shot and killed before a word had been spoken, thanks to body cam footage this was key to the justice that followed. Now I know LL101 will appreciate that since he or she has a hatred of all things cop related, so the death of one in the line of duty would be pleasing. The shooter was caught, tried, convicted and will be a guest of the state for the rest of his life, but anyhow, The community has come together in the wake of this insanity and formed a fund that does two things yearly, allows 125 children to go shop with a cop for Christmas with a 100 dollar budget, officers reach into their own wallets if the bill goes higher and the store that they shop at has "special" low prices for the event, and funds a college student who studies law enforcement. The fund is fed by a 5K that drew 700 runners from across 5 states this year, various fund raising dinners, the local Community Foundation and other events throughout the year. The money is then given to an investment company who takes care of it, with no fees, and is administered by a group from the community that includes police, sheriff, state officers and community members. It helps children who would otherwise have no Christmas have something to look forward to and a college student afford higher education. It has also, as a side effect, brought the community and law enforcement closer. Side note, when the officer has his funeral, Law Enforcement vehicles from 26 states were part of the motorcade from the funeral home to burial site. Not saying that there aren't bad apples in the police basket, but the good apples far outweigh the bad ones, unless you are one person who obviously spends time searching out the small percentage who aren't up to snuff.
First off, how dare you accuse me of being pleased with anyone dying?! I am 100% anti-violence. That means I am against cops choking out and killing an unarmed black man simply because he was selling single cigarettes. I am against cops shooting people because they thought they had a gun and it was a phone. I am against cops roughing people up simply because these innocent people don’t want to answer their probing questions. I’m also against anyone being violent with police. IT GOES BOTH WAYS!

Next, this whole “shop with a cop” joke. Most, if not all of the money, is donated by non-cops. So to say they’re being heroic here is a joke. They get paid to take kids out shopping. What other job gets that perk? Oh, and why do they need to do this PR? Because they do such a great job the other 364 days of the year. Right?

Oh, and who paid for all those cops from all over the state and country to not work and attend a funeral, most who never knew this person? Taxpayers! Not exactly heroic. If they had to actually take an unpaid day off, or pay for the gas in their personal vehicles, how many would attend? You can probably count on one hand.

There was a hunter killed this week. Who is going to pay for hunters from all over the country to attend his funeral? Nobody! And that’s the way it should be.

Cops get special treatment in society and in the eyes of the law and I’m fighting hard to make it so that everyone is treated equally.
Go away.. you make trolls everywhere ashamed to call you one of them...
No. Your attempts at silencing me will be met with rational thought.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Being pro-police

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:26 pm

That’ll be the day...



lovinlife101
Posts: 2899
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:26 pm
That’ll be the day...
That’ll be the day when unarmed, innocent people killed by police are honored just as much as police officers who die.

How many cops across the country will show up when a private citizen is killed by a cop?

I’m guessing less.



zzand
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Being pro-police

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:34 am

Yes, yes we all know, as you have stated either somewhere on this thread or on others, you are well educated, well off money wise, and living the good life...and it's all bullshit. You are a sad, lonely person, who tries to make yourself feel better by belittling those around you. I have never seen a thread you have contributed to where you are positive, always negative and I think this may be the only part of the real you we see. I would hazard a guess you are nothing like the persona you portray on this board, with the exception of the negative attitude. You should try being who you are and not who you want to be. I personally believe you had a run in with law enforcement that didn't go well for you and you carry a grudge against all law enforcement based on this experience. I feel bad for you, to a point, because to carry this around is not good for your mental well being. You should seek out help to get past this experience or the results could be bad in the future. There will come a time when you are going to need help from law enforcement, be it victim of a crime, or some other reason. One of two things will happen, due to your hatred you won't contact them or you will call them and use this childish attitude on them. Either way it will not work out well for you. Two last thoughts then I am done being down on your level, it is kinda gross down there, I stand by what I said that you like when cops are killed, you view it as a win for your side, whatever that side may be, and I agree with those who say you make trolls look bad. Go outside, enjoy the sunshine, interact with the human race, it may help, although I think it may be too late for you.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Being pro-police

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:15 am

I've said it before but the OP has managed to bring liberals, conservatives, and moderates together in one respect....a generally mutual distain for what the OP brings to this board by way of "participation.


I no longer directly engage trolls

lovinlife101
Posts: 2899
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:50 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:34 am
Yes, yes we all know, as you have stated either somewhere on this thread or on others, you are well educated, well off money wise, and living the good life...and it's all bullshit. You are a sad, lonely person, who tries to make yourself feel better by belittling those around you. I have never seen a thread you have contributed to where you are positive, always negative and I think this may be the only part of the real you we see. I would hazard a guess you are nothing like the persona you portray on this board, with the exception of the negative attitude. You should try being who you are and not who you want to be. I personally believe you had a run in with law enforcement that didn't go well for you and you carry a grudge against all law enforcement based on this experience. I feel bad for you, to a point, because to carry this around is not good for your mental well being. You should seek out help to get past this experience or the results could be bad in the future. There will come a time when you are going to need help from law enforcement, be it victim of a crime, or some other reason. One of two things will happen, due to your hatred you won't contact them or you will call them and use this childish attitude on them. Either way it will not work out well for you. Two last thoughts then I am done being down on your level, it is kinda gross down there, I stand by what I said that you like when cops are killed, you view it as a win for your side, whatever that side may be, and I agree with those who say you make trolls look bad. Go outside, enjoy the sunshine, interact with the human race, it may help, although I think it may be too late for you.
You’re 100% wrong, but at least you’re consistent.

A post from you must involve:

1. Profanity

2. Wrong accusations and assumptions

3. Lack of argument

4. Ignorance

You checked all the boxes once again! That’s positive!

What else is positive is saying that an innocent person killed by police deserves the same respect as an officer who is killed.

Positivity is all around you, and you fail to see it!

My happiness is not dependent on others. That goes for my morality, too. Only I am responsible for my actions. I don’t answer to cops and I definitely don’t answer to you, and that makes me happy!

I never have and never will require the assistance of cops. They would only make a situation worse.

When you accuse someone of something, at least have some evidence. You claim that I like it when a police officer dies. That’s 100% false. I am 100% anti-violence. Find where I ever advocated for violence or the death of anyone and I’ll stop posting here. Pack a lunch, though, because (spoiler alert) you won’t find it.

But even with no evidence you make assumptions and accusations against me. That makes you ignorant and a liar.

It’s not I that wish death on anyone, it’s a local police chief that couldn’t handle criticism of one of his officers that ticketed a man for warming up HIS OWN CAR IN HIS OWN DRIVEWAY!!!

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -warming-/



lovinlife101
Posts: 2899
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:03 am

So police kidnapped an innocent grandmother and locked her in a cage because she had cotton candy in her car. Cops thought it was meth.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/grand ... ned-tests/



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic