Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
mr v

Re: Being pro-police

Post by mr v » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

It's difficult to believe quotes from a suspended state trooper. Someone who was asked to turn over their badge and gun no less.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:"Mom, the police are bad guys. They killed him, and he's never coming back."

Those are words from a four year old girl to her mother after police assassinated her mother's boyfriend.
You having fun yet?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:41 pm

yet statistically a cop is 4.5 times more likely to be gunned down by a citizen than an African American is of getting shot to death by police. 4.5 times more likely. That was last year. Half way through this year the pace is about the same.

I no longer directly engage trolls

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

I'd be interested in where that comes from too.

It came out two years ago that blacks are 4.5 times more likely to get shot by a cop then any other race.

And the CDC releaed numbers from 2013 FBI crime stats that showed 4.5 out of every 100,000 cops were shot and killed on duty.

From what I saw from the latest Minnesota shooting, that cop should be charged for open murder.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 pm

The source for that info would be interesting to digest. BUT, and it's a very big but, I have not heard ANYONE, whether on this forum or in the media of any form (Donald Trump is excluded for obvious reasons) who has come out in favor of the cop in the Minnesota incident, Bill Harris included. Have you? Has anyone? If there is video of legit print evidence, let's see it! Then we can flame whoever it is who condones what happened. Until then, this is just another of Needs A Life 101's "missions" in his life, which - noble as they may be - are not in the right place here. As usual.

So, in the interest of fairness and objectivity, check this out. Is it bad for people to be against this type of thing, or is this another case of being "pro-police"? Is there only one side of each of your missions, LL?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Protes ... 84431.html

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 am

Sorry for the delay I was going to post last night but I had an unexpected visit from 3 grand kids.
The stats I sited were numbers I came up with from my own research yesterday
My numbers as follows....

African American male population in America approx 22,000,000
source: http://blackdemographics.com/population/
note: I also confirmed that approximate number from census data
----------------------------------------------------------------------
African American males killed by police gunfire in 2015...... 250
source: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-i ... s-database
Note: The link has a filtering option to narrow down the search.
---------------------------------------------------
Sworn police officer who carry guns approx 700,000
source:https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c ... e_2011.xls
Note: the sworn officer approx is for cops carrying guns on the street. overal numbers that are larger include desk staff that do not come in contact with citizens on the street
--------------------------------------------
Officers killed by gunfire in 2015...35
source: https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2015

Note: again a filtering option. The 39 listed included 4 dogs. I took the dogs out to get 35.
--------------------------------------------
Math:
22,000,000 black men in America
÷250 killed by police shooting in 2015

700,000 gun carrying police in America
÷35 human police killed by gunfire in 2015

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:17 am

lovinlife101 wrote:And Craig, it's "cited" not "sited." "Site" is a physical location, while "cite" is to mention as an example to support an opinion or idea.

Have a great day!
Fair enough, I stand corrected. But its a bit of a nitpick considering you earlier said....
lovinlife101 wrote:That may be the most asinine thing I have ever read. Not sure where you're getting the 4.5 number from. Well, I have a good idea of where you pulled it out from, but it's not where the sunshine hits.
If cops were killed at a rate of 4.5 times the amount of times cops killed black people, there wouldn't be many cops left.
I have provided my data and my sources and all you can do is correct my grammar?

Allow me to do the last bit of math in case math isn't your strong point.
if 1 in 20,000 cops are shot dead that is 2 in 40,000, 4 in 80,000 and 4.4 in 88,000. My original 4.5 verses the 4.4 is due to some rounding of large numbers. It certainly is an approximation but its essentially accurate.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Last time I checked, smarty pants, the police union and the defending attorney are not Bill Harris or any members of the media. Perhaps you should start another OT thread about being "Pro defense attorney", or about unions back their members (root word of "union" is "united"). I know how life works. There are a lot of ordinary people, and there are a lot of miserable people like yourself to challenge our spirits.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:41 pm

lovinlife101 wrote: And Craig, it's "cited" not "sited." "Site" is a physical location, while "cite" is to mention as an example to support an opinion or idea.

Have a great day!
LOLOL :rollin

When a libtard has their ass handed to them in a debate, they always rely on a misdirect and or name calling.

At least you're consistent libtard.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 am

I have a serious question for NotLovinLife...If you were the victim of a crime would you call the police? With your anti police stance I would guess not but I am curious about your answer.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:58 am

Answer the question, unless you are afraid to reveal the truth

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

You, asshole...you, dickhead...you, puss bag..you, you, fucking moron...got it yet you rusty tool? Feel free to bitch that I named called, but if your limited intelligence can handle it answer the question unless it will show you to be a hypocrite...

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:01 am

That's a nice on topic post. So, why the 3,000 subsequent douche bag posts about bad cops. Besides, you said in the Detroit forum, and I quote (original typo included) "That is why I am here, bad cops and racist". So, your very mission statement is off topic. Dude (or whatever), you have some decent things to say, why do you constantly fuck it up so that the good stuff is buried and nobody gives a shit because of how you act and post the other 90% of the time?

"You know, baseball is not rocket scientist" -- Jim Price

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 am

lovinlife101 wrote:Agan, DAC, with the language only poetic sailors use. Your mother must be proud.

Of course it was a nice post. All the other ones are nice too.

I've never posted 3,000 times on anything, better check your math.

The period goes inside the quotation marks. Inside.

Bill Harris' involvement in law enforcement, and the money he makes from law enforcement, disqualifies him from covering police objectively for the news. The end.
Douche.

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:05 am

lovinlife101 wrote:Great comeback.

Love you, too.

Have a great day!
Douche.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic