Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Being pro-police

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 pm

craig11152 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:So carrying a knife and walking away from a cop is grounds for murdering someone?
You are stretching the truth to fit your agenda. As I pointed out earlier he was not walking away he was closing the gap, at an angle, but closing it none the less. and he wasn't just carrying a knife, he pulled it out of his pocket, a knife he had used earlier to slash tires.
Agreed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote: And no, he is not "closing the gap." I don't know what video you saw. He was walking farther away and got into a farther lane than the police were in. The only people "closing the gap" were the cops who shot and killed him for doing nothing to them.
I watched the same video you did. I also went to the Google street view and observed the location, including the road markers, compared them to the positions of the vehicles in the video, looked up the overall length of the Chevy Tahoes the police drove and its pretty clear that the lad was 75 feet from the cops when he was in the cross walk, about 50 feet when he pulled his knife and 10-12 feet when he was shot. You play your histrionics all day long and your just ignoring reality.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow Craig great research, I agree with you, but I do think there should have more restraint on part of cop. It falls way short of murder though.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 pm

44 seconds: an armed suspect in a series of breaking and entering is running toward a cop car approximately 80-85 feet away. He is in the middle of a fairly busy 4 lane road in Chicago.

50 seconds: suspect slows to a walk and pulls his knife out of his pocket. He is now about 22 feet from first cop car while a second cop car pulls behind first car about 45-50 feet back.

53 seconds: suspect with knife in hand, pulls even with front of first cop car slightly to the right side. He is now about 40-45 feet from second car where 2 officers are getting out.

54 seconds: Suspect veers slightly to the right while continuing south bound on Pulaski in the south bound left lane. The second cop car is facing north in the north bound left lane still. Suspect is about30-35 feet from second car and moving in its general direction.

56 seconds: suspect is now about 20-22 feet from the second cop car ignoring commands to drop his weapon.

58: cop shoots suspect about 13-15 feet away.

Now I don't need Grover to explain to me that 80 feet is bigger than 13 feet. When he was finally shot he was the closest he had been the whole time.

Having pointed this out, as I said earlier I don't think the cop needed to shoot at that point. And I am happy to let a jury decide his fate. But I won't twist reality to fit an agenda which you clearly will.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:32 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:My only "agenda" is to point out that when the police were closest to the victim it was because the police got closer to the victim, not the other way around. Any "closing of the gap" was police-imposed
That is completely untrue. I just don't know if you believe it or your just lying.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Posturing...

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Yo lol101 You going to donate to fill the blue goose :rollin You idiot

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:59 pm

There are some bad cops but without any cops there would be lots more, death, destruction and anarchy.

It's a fallin' world nothing is perfect...

Be smart - teach your children to respect authority and not pull knifes on them. I'm so sweet to cops they feel embarrassed they stopped me when when I'm done with them.

In the case you site that man was not going to jail willingly, he was going to fight to the end.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Less crime or less crime because they don't have the manpower to log it?

Or maybe crime went down for other reasons, better economy, or gang members locked up, etc.

I had something stolen out-of town and their local sheriff wouldn't even write a report - they said turn it in to insurance.

NoozDude

Post by NoozDude » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:04 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:Interesting theory, but you're 100% wrong. Fewer cops has resulted in less crime. Sorry to pull out facts on you. I'm sure you enjoy going with your gut, personal beliefs, and emotion on these things, but studying the issue is much more accurate.
100% wrong????
More Police, Managed More Effectively, Really Can Reduce Crime. When a city applies moneyball methods to policing, it lowers the rate of offenses by an average of 10 percent.
source: Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:37 pm

This thread has nothing to do with Bill Harris. Everyone should learn the definition of the word "chigger" to summarize what is actually going on here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 am

Do we need some OFF with deet? :blink

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:10 am

lovinlife101 wrote: Fewer cops has resulted in less crime.
Sorry to pull out facts on you. I'm sure you enjoy going with your gut, personal beliefs, and emotion on these things, but studying the issue is much more accurate.
Your the one going with your gut since the story you linked in NO WAY suggests or implies "Fewer cops has resulted in less crime." In fact the story says nobody is sure why crime is down despite fewer cops. There are some theories tossed out in the story....
There are theories for the decline, ranging from those that seem weird to those that ring true.
• Unleaded gasoline has reduced dangerous leaded emissions that made some children more impulsive and violent as they grew older.
• Legalization of abortion reduced the number of unwanted children who might have lower socio-economic success generations later.
• Children are living at home longer – with economic support – beyond their prime crime years.
• Better crime-mapping technology deploys patrols to high-risk areas. The explosion of cellphones leads to quicker calls for help. The proliferation of neighborhood watches deter crime.
Too old to outlaw?
There is no doubt Michigan is aging, as is much of the United Sates. The tidal wave of post-World War II children are now filing for Social Security. Birth rates since then have not come close to matching Baby Boomers.
But Boomers, for the most part, no longer commit crimes. That is a youth thing. And Michigan has fewer youths.
FBI reports have documented the median age for criminals is younger than 30 for most crimes.
Of Michigan’s 9.9 million people, about 3.9 million were under age 30. In the previous census, about 4.2 million were under 30.
More guns, less crime
Another factor must be considered. Michigan adults have more guns.
In 2001, Michigan made it much easier for residents to carry concealed handguns. Permits have risen ever since.
Last month, 405,408 adults could lawfully carry concealed handguns. That’s up from 53,000 after the first year of Michigan’s shall-issue law.
That means one in 17 adults 21 or older is licensed to carry. Countless more people have guns for sport and protection in their homes.
John Lott, an economist and national pro-firearms commenter, authored the book, “More Guns, Less Crime.”
”When you see the percent of the population with permits rising, and how Michigan has seen a very substantial increase over almost the same period of time (studied by MLive), you are looking at the fact that victims can defend themselves and also deter criminals, just as police can deter criminals,” Lott said.

NOTHING IN THE STORY YOU LINKED REMOTELY SUGGESTS YOUR CONCLUSION THAT " "Fewer cops has resulted in less crime."
I am concluding not only are you a cop hater but your just not very smart.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 am

So were down to grammar and punctuation mistakes now? That's silly.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 am

I had extra punctuation to use up!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic