Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kurt Eichenwald v. Tucker Carlson

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Kurt Eichenwald v. Tucker Carlson

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:07 pm

I happened to catch this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ophbx1iaF8

And as we speak (literally as I type this), this guy is completely going off the rails:

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald

EDIT - here is the full meltdown, in chronological order:

I don't even know where to start with this. First off, he has absolutely ZERO chance of winning a civil suit or having criminal charges filed. Second, when you are pursuing litigation and/or an investigation, you generally don't go on a rant about it on social media, shouting that the person you're going after WILL pay a price. Bottom line is, if this guy is prone to seizures, it is HIS responsibility to be careful what he does on his computer - especially since he claims this was the SECOND time this has happened yet he took no action like shutting off the auto-animated gif's. While I'm sure it sucks to have seizures (I've never had one myself so I can't even imagine), I just don't feel sorry for somebody who didn't take the proper precautions to avoid having them.

tapeisrolling

Re: Kurt Eichenwald v. Tucker Carlson

Post by tapeisrolling » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Remember the woman that would go into seizures when she heard the voice of the female host on Entertainment Tonight? That problem could easily be avoided with a TV guide.
When you open up a screen you have no knowledge of what is coming.

I have heard of some cities outlawing certain display signs that have a rapid blinking, as to not possibly triggering a problem with a driver and endangering others.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:Remember the woman that would go into seizures when she heard the voice of the female host on Entertainment Tonight?
I remember in an episode of Seinfeld, Kramer would have seizures when he heard her voice - I never knew that actually happened in real life to somebody.
When you open up a screen you have no knowledge of what is coming.
Exactly. So you turn off your auto-animated GIF setting on twitter. Problem solved. To go after somebody criminally and civilly for posting something like that, well, that just won't go anywhere.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm

bmw wrote:I happened to catch this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ophbx1iaF8

And as we speak (literally as I type this), this guy is completely going off the rails:

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald

EDIT - here is the full meltdown, in chronological order:

I don't even know where to start with this. First off, he has absolutely ZERO chance of winning a civil suit or having criminal charges filed. Second, when you are pursuing litigation and/or an investigation, you generally don't go on a rant about it on social media, shouting that the person you're going after WILL pay a price. Bottom line is, if this guy is prone to seizures, it is HIS responsibility to be careful what he does on his computer - especially since he claims this was the SECOND time this has happened yet he took no action like shutting off the auto-animated gif's. While I'm sure it sucks to have seizures (I've never had one myself so I can't even imagine), I just don't feel sorry for somebody who didn't take the proper precautions to avoid having them.
Sounds like a fruitcake to me.

"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:15 pm

So, Flagg. It appears that you and I are the only ones left here today. Maybe the rest of them got raptured away.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:So, Flagg. It appears that you and I are the only ones left here today. Maybe the rest of them got raptured away.
It was a pretty nice place to spend the day... got my umbrella drink and everything...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:23 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:So, Flagg. It appears that you and I are the only ones left here today. Maybe the rest of them got raptured away.
It was a pretty nice place to spend the day... got my umbrella drink and everything...

How was your flight?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 am

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/12 ... lson-next/

The best part of the link is the actual picture of the fruitcake next to his twitter profile pic.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 am

Turkeytop wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

How was your flight?

Good... I was disappointed by the lack of beer and a terrible in flight movie... :lol

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 am

Turkeytop wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

How was your flight?

Good... I was disappointed by the lack of beer and a terrible in flight movie... :lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic