Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump_Must _Exit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Trump_Must _Exit

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:21 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/t ... ion-232620

Maybe let Pence take over on Jan 21st?

I think Pence is basically running the show anyway.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Trump_Must _Exit

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:58 pm

audiophile wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/t ... ion-232620

Maybe let Pence take over on Jan 21st?

I think Pence is basically running the show anyway.
It looks almost set up for that to be honest... it's a pretty conventional cabinet for a Republican... indicates non-Trump thinking...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Usually these contracts have a 30-day period for an issue to be corrected. Maybe February 18th then?

Melania isn't moving in that period - so I think it's possible.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:30 pm

A Cruz/Kasich supporter and a Democrat agreeing on something...that only confirms what I already knew.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:A Cruz/Kasich supporter and a Democrat agreeing on something...that only confirms what I already knew.
And that is?

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:16 am

My take is that if Trump takes and/or stays in office, he will mostly be a figurehead. He gives great speeches (according to some), but actually shaping policy is another matter.

The problem he faces if he was to step aside is the credibility he may lose among his supporters, which could adversely affect his "brand". After all, the people who voted for him chose Donald Trump to be president, not Mike Pense. Granted, most social conservatives would probably prefer to see Mr. Pense in the Oval Office, but what about the Trump voters who don't necessarily fall into that category and may have checked his name for other reasons (like pure economics or the whole "outsider/non-establishment" thing)?

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic