Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RECOUNT in 3 SWING STATES - HERE WE GO!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: RECOUNT in 3 SWING STATES - HERE WE GO!

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm

screen glare wrote:Many of the fear-based, hateful, and divisive beliefs spouted by Barak H. Obama since successfully manipulating many Americans with his television-honed charisma, and self-centered addiction to power are historic FIRSTS in any nominee's presidential campaign - and now presidency.
There. fixed that part.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:14 am

Bryce.
Your edit is far and away beyond crazy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am

But in your white hooded world - perfectly correct.
Now run to your meeting.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 am

screen glare wrote:Bryce.
Your edit is far and away beyond crazy.
Not much more crazy than what you post here often.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 am

screen glare wrote:Many of the fear-based, hateful, and divisive beliefs spouted by Donald Trump since successfully manipulating many Americans with his television-honed charisma, and self-centered addiction to power are historic FIRSTS in any nominee's presidential campaign - and now presidency.
Look, do I know how a multi-billionaire was able to convince millions of working class Americans that he was "one of them"? No.

Do I know how he was able to convince them that he was truly concerned with their best interests? Not a clue.

Do I think Donald Trump hypnotized every person who voted for him with his magical charisma and florescent hair? No.

There is a bigger picture here. This election was not about Donald Trump (as much as he may like to think it was). It was about people who have been affected by job loss, economic depression, a growing epidemic of prescription and meth abuse, and a general deterioration of their social environments. They saw a corporate establishment that was continually screwing them over, and a governmental establishment that was effectively ignoring them (mainly because it's in bed with the corporate establishment). One candidate was clearly viewed as part of the establishment. One candidate, true or not, managed to portray himself as being outside the establishment and highly critical of it. Was it a hell of a marketing job? Sure! But it was more than just Mr. Trump's self-promotion that led to his election. The way I see it, many people were so weary of the same ol' same ol' that they were willing to take a chance and roll the dice. Trump just happened to be the figurehead for that roll. Was it a good move? Guess we'll find out.

Everyone has different circumstances. Everyone has a different perspective. It's easy to dismiss those who don't see things the way we do as stupid, misinformed or easily-manipulated. That doesn't solve the problem. Perhaps if people from all sides sat down and actually tried to understand where others are coming from, we could establish a dialogue that transcends all the buzzwords, chants, soundbites and flashy marketing.

Donald Trump wasn't elected because he's Donald Trump. He was elected because of a broken system that has existed for a long time. Admittedly, it's a system that he has ultimately profited from, yet middle-America was apparently so sick and tired of the broken system that they were willing to overlook that fact. That reflects more on the people who created and want to maintain the broken system than it does on one multi-billionaire who benefited from it. Perhaps the lesson the DC establishment should take from this whole thing is we're so tired of not being understood that we're even willing to send this guy to town!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:56 am

screen glare wrote:But in your white hooded world - perfectly correct.
Now run to your meeting.
Negative comment about Donald Trump = accurate and acceptable?

Same negative comment about Barack Obama = racist and crazy?

Jumping the shark a bit, aren't we?

See, this is why it's hard to have an actual discussion.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:57 am

Both Trump and Hillary pitched their campaigns to the middle class. Neither of them even acknowledged the working class. But somehow, Trump's message resonated with the working class.

I'm certain he'll betray them. But the working class felt the Democrats had already betrayed them by choosing Hillary as their nominee.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Now run to your meeting.

That's the thing Cal, you can't debate folks on the far left. Although I can give examples of how every one of those statements that were made about T Rump can be applied to Obama, knowing that it's true and he/she can't win that argument, he/she deflects with baseless charges of racism or some other personal attack. Standard operating procedure for the far left. Keeps some folks quiet. Not me.

When confronted with an idea or fact the left is unable to refute, resort to Rule 5:
RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Both Trump and Hillary pitched their campaigns to the middle class. Neither of them even acknowledged the working class. But somehow, Trump's message resonated with the working class.
Hillary, like Trump, was a figurehead. At the end of the day, it wasn't so much about her as it was about what she represented. Washington establishment. More of the same. Wonder why Jeb Bush tanked halfway through the primaries?
I'm certain he'll betray them.
Agreed.
But the working class felt the Democrats had already betrayed them by choosing Hillary as their nominee.
That was a tactical error on the part of the DNC, and probably the worst mistake they could have made given the political climate. Effectively squeezing Bernie Sanders out with the super-delegates alienated a significant part of their base that probably didn't bother to vote in the general. Picking Bernie for VP may have remedied that. Doing so may have been somewhat of a risky move, but when you're going against a high-roller like Trump, you need to take a risk or two.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Calvert DeForest wrote:
Now run to your meeting.

That's the thing Cal, you can't debate folks on the far left. Although I can give examples of how every one of those statements that were made about T Rump can be applied to Obama, knowing that it's true and he/she can't win that argument, he/she deflects with baseless charges of racism or some other personal attack. Standard operating procedure for the far left. Keeps some folks quiet. Not me.

When confronted with an idea or fact the left is unable to refute, resort to Rule 5:
RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
You act like every liberal has a copy of those rules or something... I've never read nor seen them... it really hurts your argument to quote rules nobody knows or cares about...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Great comments Cal!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Bryce wrote:That's the thing Cal, you can't debate folks on the far left. Although I can give examples of how every one of those statements that were made about T Rump can be applied to Obama, knowing that it's true and he/she can't win that argument, he/she deflects with baseless charges of racism or some other personal attack. Standard operating procedure for the far left. Keeps some folks quiet. Not me.

It's not about left or right Bryce. I can't debate anyone who is so entrenched in their own mindset that they are totally non-receptive to any point of view that may differ from their own. There's plenty of that from all directions, political and otherwise.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:54 pm

NS8401 wrote: You act like every liberal has a copy of those rules or something... I've never read nor seen them... it really hurts your argument to quote rules nobody knows or cares about...
I said "far left". I don't consider you far left.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote: It's not about left or right Bryce. I can't debate anyone who is so entrenched in their own mindset that they are totally non-receptive to any point of view that may differ from their own. There's plenty of that from all directions, political and otherwise.
Very good point Cal and of course you are right.

When it comes to this particular board though, I seldom see or read a poster that I view as conservative resort to name calling and baseless attacks. Of course there are exceptions, but the regulars of the conservative bent mostly stick to attacking the "idea" and not the person.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: You act like every liberal has a copy of those rules or something... I've never read nor seen them... it really hurts your argument to quote rules nobody knows or cares about...
I said "far left". I don't consider you far left.

Can't get much farther left than me. And I've never heard of rule #5.

Now that you've made me aware of it, I may want to start using it. :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic