Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Cabinet

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Y M Ionhere

Re: Trump Cabinet

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:34 am

NS8401 wrote:Priebus I get (though he's NOT in any way "draining the swamp"... he's surrounding himself with absolute insiders. Stephen Bannon scares the hell out of me...
I voted for him, and I'll admit that I do not like the Bannon pick. Scary guy. I thought Trump was running against Clintons perceived corruption but by picking cabinet members based on their loyalty to the campaign, he seems to be dipping into cronyism and potential corruption as well. As a result of these loyalty-based choices, he picked a hothead with serious character concerns.
Priebus isn't bad. Trump ran as a very unconventional outsider and ended up burning some bridges and losing party support. His pool (or "swamp") of knowledgeable, experienced cabinet picks is pretty small. Priebus has the relationships and connections needed to potentially convince good candidates to join, who probably wouldnt otherwise.
I'm disappointed with the idea of Gingrich and Giuliani. They may be a little too old-school. Trump was running on a platform that appealed to Independants and even some disenfranchised blue-dog Democrats, but now wants to bring in the ultimate old-guard establishment Republicans.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:07 pm

John Bolton rumored to be Secretary of State. H*** appointment there!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:26 pm

The Donald is moonwalking so much on the things he said during the campaign, they should play Thriller at the inauguration.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm

I would love to have John Bolton as Secretary of State! That would be a great pick.

Priebus is a good pick for Chief of Staff.

Laura Ingraham allegedly is under consideration for Press Secretary. She would be a good fit for that role.

I do not like Giuliani. That guy comes across as having a short fuse and is very arrogant. However, he *is* a bright guy and governed New York City in a competent manner. There are certain posts for which he would be qualified. Homeland Security comes to mind.

As for Steve Bannon, sorry, but I'm not accepting the media's narrative of him. I listened to his radio show on multiple occasions on Sirius XM during the GOP primary season, and he came across as a very decent man. Even keeled and polite to all callers. Didn't hear any viewpoints I would consider extreme or offensive. The liberal media seem hellbent on demonizing him, just as they did John Bolton many years ago. They like to demonize conservatives they view as threats.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:03 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I would love to have John Bolton as Secretary of State! That would be a great pick.

Priebus is a good pick for Chief of Staff.

Laura Ingraham allegedly is under consideration for Press Secretary. She would be a good fit for that role.

I do not like Giuliani. That guy comes across as having a short fuse and is very arrogant. However, he *is* a bright guy and governed New York City in a competent manner. There are certain posts for which he would be qualified. Homeland Security comes to mind.

As for Steve Bannon, sorry, but I'm not accepting the media's narrative of him. I listened to his radio show on multiple occasions on Sirius XM during the GOP primary season, and he came across as a very decent man. Even keeled and polite to all callers. Didn't hear any viewpoints I would consider extreme or offensive. The liberal media seem hellbent on demonizing him, just as they did John Bolton many years ago. They like to demonize conservatives they view as threats.
Bolton is a Bush era neocon and from the swamp... not a nice guy either.. another trigger happy hawk.

Laura Ingraham?!? Are you kidding me? That would be irresponsible at best and wreckless at worst. We need a professional and not a talking head to do the job. Especially because all she'd do is get into it with reporters right and left. It's not a game (which is largely what a talkers job is, playing games with the audience.)

Priebus is a good choice. Though he's a swamp guy too...

Giuliani is a swamp monster and ought to be put out to pasture. The "Americas Mayor" persona died long ago and he's gone off the reservation.

Bannon puts up a good front but he's largely a bomb thrower with some white nationalist ties. He's also the opposite of the rather clever strategist that "Bush's Brain" Karl Rove was.

This is actually starting to resemble George W. Bush or Richard Nixon the sequal. That's not at all a good thing. Questionable appointments and very cronyism laden apppoinrments...

Another probably even better comparison is Silvio Berlusconi...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:13 pm

An AP alert just said that Giuliani is the favorite and likely pick for Secretary of State according to sources...

What an odd choice.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:59 am

NS8401 wrote:It's not a game...
Post of the week! I'm glad somebody finally said it.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:36 am

Sessions for AG.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 am

Carson for Housing and Urban Development
Nikki Haley for UN Secretary

Neither has any idea about their new field or any experience in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 am

NS8401 wrote:Carson for Housing and Urban Development

Same could be said about Barack Obama 8 years ago.

Oh, right, that didn't work out so well either. I see your point!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:40 am

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:Carson for Housing and Urban Development

Same could be said about Barack Obama 8 years ago.

Oh, right, that didn't work out so well either. I see your point!
He at least had years in the government and understood how the thing worked. He also appointed people with experience and held over Bush era appointees...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Both of his AGs were absolute human garbage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Matt wrote:Both of his AGs were absolute human garbage.
I wouldn't go that far but I liked neither one.

Michigans own Betsy DeVos will be Education Secretary. She's a big proponent of school vouchers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:40 pm

School choice is a great idea.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 pm

audiophile wrote:School choice is a great idea.
What about vouchers? Using public money to pay for a private or especially religious education might violate the constitution.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic