Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can I gloat now?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Can I gloat now?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 am

bmw wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:BMW, you nailed it! I tip my cap to you. You were unwavering and proven correct...

I think the results are a rejection of machine politics and cronyism more than anything. I do not necessarily believe it's a repudiation of Obama.
I largely agree on your analysis with regards to Obama. But I think there was some degree of repudiation of his policies, even though people like him personally.

I know everybody thought that Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich would have had a much better chance against Hillary than Trump did. In the end, is that really the case? Would Rubio or Cruz have taken the combination of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin? I'm not so sure. Trump opened up the republican tent in ways no other republican would have even tried, and it paid off big time. His performance in the so-called "rust belt" is nothing short of astonishing.

And hats off to him and his people for seeing their openings in PA and MI and focusing the campaign there instead of trying to stitch together the small-state route of Colorado and Nevada. From Day 1 Trump I think always saw his path to the WH going through MI and PA. And those efforts clearly spilled over into Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Make no mistake about it - the republican party has changed DRASTICALLY overnight. This has to secretly be a nightmare for all the never-Trump or lukewarm Trump republicans who won Congressional seats. Trump won DESPITE them, so when various policies come up for debate and internal negotiation within the party, especially those that Trump supports that many republican politicians do not, that could be interesting. The political reality is that if republicans want to continue to be relevant in the future, it will be by winning those rust belt states.
It is also by being relatively moderate which Trump showed. He's not a conservative... he's a RINO.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 am

NS8401 wrote:
windsor wrote:Congrats to my Michigan blood brothers on seeing the light out of the darkness of the Clinton crime family.

Finally the white working class, the silent majority that have been the doormat of the media,the radical left and the pimps and whores in DC who never got their hands dirty a day in their life have said enough is enough.

Bye Bye Hillary!!!!!!!!!!

:rollin

Might be a one and done though... we shall see... we are in uncharted territory now...
Im not expecting miracles for sure, Trump is far from perfect.But Im sure he is going to surround himself with people that love america not hate it and loath it like Hillary or Obummer.I love Mike Pence as the VP he's a straight shooter and will guide alot of this presidency of Trumps imho.

Im sad for the people of Wayne county who stick with the Dems, who will never raise them out of poverty just cut them more welfare checks.That's no way to live.I thought they would give Trump a chance like he asked them to.The first thing that needs to be fixed in places like Det is to mend the broken family.Unless that's done and make folks responsible nothing else will work.Crime is the result of that #1 and jobs need to return through fair trade unlike what we have now.Its all one sided trade and the TPP needs to be shot down.Trump has alot on his plate.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 am

windsor wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
windsor wrote:Congrats to my Michigan blood brothers on seeing the light out of the darkness of the Clinton crime family.

Finally the white working class, the silent majority that have been the doormat of the media,the radical left and the pimps and whores in DC who never got their hands dirty a day in their life have said enough is enough.

Bye Bye Hillary!!!!!!!!!!

:rollin

Might be a one and done though... we shall see... we are in uncharted territory now...
Im not expecting miracles for sure, Trump is far from perfect.But Im sure he is going to surround himself with people that love america not hate it and loath it like Hillary or Obummer.I love Mike Pence as the VP he's a straight shooter and will guide alot of this presidency of Trumps imho.

Im sad for the people of Wayne county who stick with the Dems, who will never raise them out of poverty just cut them more welfare checks.That's no way to live.I thought they would give Trump a chance like he asked them to.The first thing that needs to be fixed in places like Det is to mend the broken family.Unless that's done and make folks responsible nothing else will work.Crime is the result of that #1 and jobs need to return through fair trade unlike what we have now.Its all one sided trade and the TPP needs to be shot down.Trump has alot on his plate.
If factories come back the jobs will be from robots. In fact outsourcing is only around 13% of job losses in manufacturing... the other 80 some percent is automation which gets no attention. It would be wiser to put a large exorbitant tax on robots first then tear up the trade deals. Companies need to be forced practically at gunpoint to hire workers in any meaningful way.

Our manufacturing output has doubled since 1979 (peak employment in manufacturing) but 63% of the jobs are gone... almost all due to robots replacing people. He's not gonna bring the jobs back. Forget it.

Screwing with things too much will probably cost us jobs and trigger a major recession. We would then stop growing and the steady job growth since 2010 would cease just as wages are finally meaningfully increasing. You folks have no idea what you just screwed up.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:00 pm

I don;t believe the ratio is 80:13 automation to outsourcing. We wouldn't be running major trade deficits if the automation was onshore.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:06 pm

bmw wrote:Make no mistake about it - the republican party has changed DRASTICALLY overnight. This has to secretly be a nightmare for all the never-Trump or lukewarm Trump republicans who won Congressional seats. Trump won DESPITE them, so when various policies come up for debate and internal negotiation within the party, especially those that Trump supports that many republican politicians do not, that could be interesting. The political reality is that if republicans want to continue to be relevant in the future, it will be by appealing to rust belt blue collar workers and keeping those states in the red column.
Disagree- there will be a conciliatory period. There may be internal battles on certain items, but the President will set the tone.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 pm

audiophile wrote:I don;t believe the ratio is 80:13 automation to outsourcing. We wouldn't be running major trade deficits if the automation was onshore.
When you think about the trade deficits aren't all that big... we are the #2 manufacturer currently and are probably going to retake #1 from China in the next decade as companies keep up their pace of
onshoring...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:03 pm

I have another idea - keep free trade but require better country of origin labels. Man it's hard to find sometimes!

Start a buy-american-built AD campaign. No trade war$ needed!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm

audiophile wrote:I have another idea - keep free trade but require better country of origin labels. Man it's hard to find sometimes!

They did a poll recently that found folks wouldn't pay more just to get "Made in the USA".

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

I can guarantee if you had a prominent Made in China vs Made in USA label it would make a difference.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 pm

audiophile wrote:I can guarantee if you had a prominent Made in China vs Made in USA label it would make a difference.
Most things say it anyways... it's all about the $$ at this point. Even if the factories were to return the jobs are lost forever... don't kid yourselves...

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:11 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I have another idea - keep free trade but require better country of origin labels. Man it's hard to find sometimes!

They did a poll recently that found folks wouldn't pay more just to get "Made in the USA".
Polling is dead. If last night doesn't prove that, what else can I say?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Polling is dead. If last night doesn't prove that, what else can I say?
I have limited counter to that... except that it's a totally different kind of poll. It's not nearly as divisive and controversial...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic