Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Was I Wrong?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Was I Wrong?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

audiophile wrote:ABC anchor David Muir is now calling Trump supporters "uneducated white men".

That's sloppy and rude.
But generally true... white men with little education is his core support...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:59 am

Painting with an air brush on high again?

If he said he was leading with non-college educated white men, that might have been ok.

Big difference between "uneducated" and non-college educated.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:06 am

audiophile wrote:Painting with an air brush on high again?

If he said he was leading with non-college educated white men, that might have been ok.

Big difference between "uneducated" and non-college educated.
Pick your adjective... the point is that they don't have a well rounded education... they are simple people...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:24 am

You know sometimes high-school grads are smarter than the those with masters.

Jobs, Ellison, Gates come to mind.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... rtune.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:45 am

NY times called PA for Trump.

It's over...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:04 am

audiophile wrote:You know sometimes high-school grads are smarter than the those with masters.

Jobs, Ellison, Gates come to mind.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... rtune.html
I understand that and I'm not putting anybody down... it's just that they 4th rung down the education ladder... under-educated at least...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:31 pm

audiophile wrote:I'm predicting a Dewey-esque Detroit Free Press fail...
Detroit Free press called Michigan it for Clinton around 10 pm. Whoops!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:57 am

TC Talks wrote:
According to the candidate, he also has the support of the star quarterbacks Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger; Brian France, the chief executive of Nascar; and Dana White, the president of Ultimate Fighting Championship.

“Our country needs to see winners,” Mr. Trump told the crowd. “We don’t see winners anymore. We have a bunch of clowns running this country. We have people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing running our country.” - The GOP Presidential Candidate
I can't express to you how much I am enjoying this election cycle...

PS I got a message from Wolverine 70 he wanted me to pass along to you TCT:
He says hi to you and that he is enjoying this election season also...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:02 am

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:ABC anchor David Muir is now calling Trump supporters "uneducated white men".

That's sloppy and rude.
The T Rump vote margin vs. HilLIEry, among white college educated men, was 54% to 39%.
White college educated women went for HilLIEry 51% vs. 45%.

It's kind of surprizing to me that T Rump garnered 45% support from this group of women .

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:09 am

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

That's sloppy and rude.
The T Rump vote margin vs. HilLIEry, among white college educated men, was 54% to 39%.
White college educated women went for HilLIEry 51% vs. 45%.

It's kind of surprizing to me that T Rump garnered 45% support from this group of women .
Now check the high school only white vote...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:12 am

Check the bus driver votes :razz

This is getting silly...we don't really need to pigeonhole everyone.

David Mein sound really elitist.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 am

I agree the pigeonhole thing is silly but Liberals are grasping for any explanation as to why they lost. Mrs. Clinton gave the real explanation in her speech yesterday, which by the way was an excellent speech. She said we didn't realize how big the divide in the country really was, the reason, plain and simple from the candidate herself. They just didn't realize how unhappy people were over the last 8 years and she paid the price, plain and simple. Yes, there are other reasons that we are all very aware of, but please quit reaching for a reason, she lost. This win for Trump should shake both parties and hopefully both sides will sit down and ask themselves a simple question...How do we get back in touch with The People and earn their trust back? If that's even possible....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 am

audiophile wrote:Check the bus driver votes :razz

This is getting silly...we don't really need to pigeonhole everyone.

David Mein sound really elitist.
My point was that it's even more heavily in favor of Trump but he went right for college to prove something or other....

In talking to folks around work I couldn't find a Trump voter...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:43 am

That is typical with people who work for the government.

They voted their wallet.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 am

audiophile wrote:That is typical with people who work for the government.

They voted their wallet.
Doesn't everybody? Nobody is going to cut their living standards on the principle of the thing...

Technically I work for a private contractor... but as the district goes (and decides the next contract) so goes my job...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic