Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I voted thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: I voted thread

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:49 am

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:So basically NS has admitted that the only reason he voted for Hillary is because she has a (D) next to her name, and that the only reason he voted straight-ticket is because he was too lazy to do otherwise.

Congrats, NS. You've managed to prove that you are the stereotypical democrat.
Keep in mind, he had an absentee ballot too! He could have taken his time and looked into everything.
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I'm not concerned about how hotly contested it was, I'm more concerned about the lack of knowledge of what voters are voting for.

It's one thing to say I don't have enough information to make a decision on one candidate and not vote on certain race, but it another to wholesale vote based the (R) or (D).
Perhaps... but just the same I would have manually guessed otherwise... I refuse to leave a box blank.

I'm not voting for either of my Ann Arbor City races. Christopher Taylor is a terrible mayor and Graydon Krapohl is a Taylor yes-man. They are the only options in my ward. At least the fifth ward has a chance to defeat a Taylor lackey.

I'm undecided about voting for Washtenaw County Sheriff and still need to do some research. Jerry Clayton is running for his third term and I voted for him the first two times. This year, his Republican challenger actually has law enforcement experience and is promising to go after the area's heroin problem. The issue I have with him is he flamed out as UM Police Chief and opened a sports memorabilia shop. He's also circulated rumors that Clayton doesn't intend to serve a full third term.
I agree Matt.

It's good not to vote in certain races where you have krap for candidates. The write-ins would have a higher chance then, if applicable. It also shows lack of support if the vote count is lower and encourage others to run next time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:23 am

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:So basically NS has admitted that the only reason he voted for Hillary is because she has a (D) next to her name, and that the only reason he voted straight-ticket is because he was too lazy to do otherwise.

Congrats, NS. You've managed to prove that you are the stereotypical democrat.
Keep in mind, he had an absentee ballot too! He could have taken his time and looked into everything.
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I'm not concerned about how hotly contested it was, I'm more concerned about the lack of knowledge of what voters are voting for.

It's one thing to say I don't have enough information to make a decision on one candidate and not vote on certain race, but it another to wholesale vote based the (R) or (D).
Perhaps... but just the same I would have manually guessed otherwise... I refuse to leave a box blank.
I'm not voting for either of my Ann Arbor City races. Christopher Taylor is a terrible mayor and Graydon Krapohl is a Taylor yes-man. They are the only options in my ward. At least the fifth ward has a chance to defeat a Taylor lackey.

I'm undecided about voting for Washtenaw County Sheriff and still need to do some research. Jerry Clayton is running for his third term and I voted for him the first two times. This year, his Republican challenger actually has law enforcement experience and is promising to go after the area's heroin problem. The issue I have with him is he flamed out as UM Police Chief and opened a sports memorabilia shop. He's also circulated rumors that Clayton doesn't intend to serve a full third term.
If you've got the school board on there vote the new Hunter-Harmony-Jeff trio in... that board has need new blood for a long time.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:39 pm

I just voted. I have never seen the polling place so packed! I would be curious to see how each county voted.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:42 pm

TheForce wrote:I just voted. I have never seen the polling place so packed! I would be curious to see how each county voted.
What county do you live in if you don't mind? They're packed here in Washtenaw, and I've also heard that Lenawee is packed as well. I suspect Trump will do better in Lenawee than Washtenaw.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:43 pm

TheForce wrote:I just voted. I have never seen the polling place so packed! I would be curious to see how each county voted.
2 hours 20 minutes with my fiancé in line in Novi... incredible line. For the record she's a Trump Republican believe it or not...

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm in Crawford. Generally it's never really been bad but this time it was very steady and parking was scarce. I would have actually walked to the polling place but it was raining.
Matt wrote:
What county do you live in if you don't mind? They're packed here in Washtenaw, and I've also heard that Lenawee is packed as well. I suspect Trump will do better in Lenawee than Washtenaw.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:51 pm

I'll be voting in Iosco County. We're traditionally very evenly split to slightly democrat-leaning. Some very contentious local elections here, especially with locals unhappy with our city council and school board. I expect turnout to be VERY high.

I'll be voting at around 6:30 tonight. Will know turnout based on my ballot number compared to 2008.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:01 pm

TheForce wrote:I'm in Crawford. Generally it's never really been bad but this time it was very steady and parking was scarce. I would have actually walked to the polling place but it was raining.
Matt wrote:
I would suspect Crawford turnout is pro-Trump.

What a bizarre world we live in where high turnout could benefit the Republican candidate!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

TheForce wrote:I'm in Crawford. Generally it's never really been bad but this time it was very steady and parking was scarce. I would have actually walked to the polling place but it was raining.
Matt wrote:

What a bizarre world we live in where high turnout could benefit the Republican candidate!

Matt

Matt wrote:

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

Registration wise the Democrats are the bigger party.. so if they started crossing over to vote Trump then he would get the kind of benefit Democrats enjoy usually...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:36 pm

My spouse voted at 8:30am - voter #200, out of 1200 registered voters, IIRC.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Voted at 7:15 AM. Voter number 60.

After months of internal struggle, that continued right up until I went to sleep last night, I cast my Presidential ballot for Donald J. Trump. In the end, I felt duty bound to God, my family and my country to at least attempt to keep the morally corrupt Alinsky disciple and unindicted felon out of the White House.

T-Rump was the only choice, as poor as it is, that I could make and be at peace with myself.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Bryce wrote:Voted at 7:15 AM. Voter number 60.

After months of internal struggle, that continued right up until I went to sleep last night, I cast my Presidential ballot for Donald J. Trump. In the end, I felt duty bound to God, my family and my country to at least attempt to keep the morally corrupt Alinsky disciple and unindicted felon out of the White House.

T-Rump was the only choice, as poor as it is, that I could make and be at peace with myself.
And so as predicted PUMA voters in both parties have come home...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:41 pm

I was voter #511 out of 1200 as of 2:45P.

I didn't bend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic