Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

EDIT: How can anyone say #ImWithHer?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

EDIT: How can anyone say #ImWithHer?

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:22 am

EDIT: I'm leaving the initial post up and will detail my change of heart in a new post in this thread

There are two candidates that have a chance to win this election. I've said for months that both are undeserving, but only one is unqualified. Donald Trump is unqualified to be president, and he has a chance, however small the traditional prognosticators say that chance is. That cannot be allowed to happen. Hillary Clinton must be elected president 18 days from today. As much as I dislike her and acknowledge ANYONE except Donald Trump would have beaten her, this is where we are at. I have not decided definitively that I will be voting for Hillary, but I'm 99% sure. I honestly won't know 100% until I walk into the voting booth.

I understand that if I vote for Hillary, I own her likely mediocre presidency and while unsettling, its really just a reflection of how terrible Trump is. We can still at least hold onto the house and have a very good chance at regaining the Senate in 2018. With a strong Republican candidate this year, we probably could have held the Senate as well, but we are now set for at least two years of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. If the Senate is recaptured in 2018, I would like to see a #NeverTrump person as majority leader, Ben Sasse perhaps?

If I can't stomach Hillary, the two remaining options are Gary Johnson and Evan McMullin. Johnson is a strategic vote to help the Libertarian Party receive federal funding in 2020, in the event that the Republicans again try to run an abhorrent piece of garbage again. Evan McMullin is the best vote your beliefs candidate and it would be amazing to see a write in candidate do well.

What an awful choice we have to make... :barf
Last edited by Matt on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Re: Reluctantly, #ImWithHer

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:38 am

I will turn 65 years old a week and half before the winner takes office. The earliest election I have memory of (small memories) was 1960, Nixon/Kennedy. These two are the worst options in my life...and it ain't even close. I don't even know who to blame. "We the people" voted them in as candidates over others.

I said it before, maybe on Facebook, but the job of "President of The United States" has fewer requirements to get hired than an Uber driver. :(

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:08 am

I'm with Evan...

Primaries have failed us - a write-in bypasses the binary choice which is a good thing.

Johnson is small government guy, but he knows less than I do about foreign affairs.

Hillary is pure slime. Lazy, sloppy, two-faced.

Trump is a narcissist.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 am

audiophile wrote:Trump is a narcissist.
Trump is an editorial from God about the GOP, you must just not be listening too closely.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:54 pm

No one, even a died in the wool lib, should be comfortable voting for a pathological liar.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 pm

If transmitting classified information in enemy territory, over an unsecured connection, to and through a server stored in an apartment bathroom, and then lying about it both under oath and during a press conference does not disqualify somebody from being President, then I don't know what does.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:15 pm

bmw wrote:If transmitting classified information in enemy territory, over an unsecured connection, to and through a server stored in an apartment bathroom, and then lying about it both under oath and during a press conference does not disqualify somebody from being President, then I don't know what does.
They both suck... stop being a slappy and only disqualifying one...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:47 pm

No one, even a died in the wool lib, should be comfortable voting for a pathological liar.
Both Trump and Hillary are pathological liars.

It is for that reason I will be voting for neither.

However, I found Matt's analysis to be on-point. I genuinely respect his decision. Frankly, if I could only vote for Trump or Clinton, begrudgingly, I'd fill in the oval next to Hillary's name. The good news for me is that I'm not faced with a binary choice.

I will be joining Audio in voting for Mr. McMullin on Election Day.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Both Trump and Hillary are pathological liars.

It is for that reason I will be voting for neither.

However, I found Matt's analysis to be on-point. I genuinely respect his decision. Frankly, if I could only vote for Trump or Clinton, begrudgingly, I'd fill in the oval next to Hillary's name. The good news for me is that I'm not faced with a binary choice.

I will be joining Audio in voting for Mr. McMullin on Election Day.
Fortunately this is one of the 23 states he can be written in and it will count, he's actually listed in 11 more. That makes 16 where a vote for McMullin is a vote for McNothin...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 am

"...a vote for McMullin is a vote for McNothin..."

Excellent, NS. I admire your catchy statement. Sharp. Memorable. Right to the point.

A bunch of Ronald McDonald clowns on election day exercising their privledge to do absolutly nothing for their country, and everything for their bragadocio egos. "This way I'll be able to brag that both candidates were flawed - thus I simply didn't vote for either! Nobody can force me to make a hard decision. My write in candidate can't win, and I don't care who does. I'll write in a name. Take my marbles - and go home. Then - get a bumper sticker reading 'What A Good Boy Am I'. There. Take that, you mature adults. Hey Mommy - look what I did!"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:54 am

Ok, then vote for Trump, instead of the write-in.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 pm

bmw wrote:If transmitting classified information in enemy territory, over an unsecured connection,
And to top it off, she did it again, during the debate, live, on national T.V., with millions of people watching.

Did you know, as she told us during the debate, that from the time the President picks up the "bat phone" and orders a nuclear strike, it takes four minutes for the missile to be launched? I didn't. Now I do. So does Putin, Iran, China, North Korea, etc. etc.

If that isn't classified information of the highest order, I don't know what is.

Yet, the leas story on ALL the networks was T Rump refusing to say he will accept the election results and that he feels the election may be "rigged".

Not like that's never happened before. Many political historians assert that John "Frisky" Kennedy's election over Richard M. Nixon was indeed rife with fraud.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Bryce wrote:
bmw wrote:If transmitting classified information in enemy territory, over an unsecured connection,
And to top it off, she did it again, during the debate, live, on national T.V., with millions of people watching.

Did you know, as she told us during the debate, that from the time the President picks up the "bat phone" and orders a nuclear strike, it takes four minutes for the missile to be launched? I didn't. Now I do. So does Putin, Iran, China, North Korea, etc. etc.

If that isn't classified information of the highest order, I don't know what is.

Yet, the leas story on ALL the networks was T Rump refusing to say he will accept the election results and that he feels the election may be "rigged".

Not like that's never happened before. Many political historians assert that John "Frisky" Kennedy's election over Richard M. Nixon was indeed rife with fraud.
Do you ever get tired of being an idiot? Please take a moment to drop Mrs. Clinton a note thanking her for simplifying your learning process, because the response window information has been out there for a good long time.

http://www.snopes.com/clinton-four-minute-nuclear/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:44 pm

The views expressed in this publication are the sole responsibility of the
authors. They do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the United
Nations, UNIDIR, its staff members or sponsors.
Opinions of authors and confirmation by a former Sec. of State are two completely different matters dummy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:59 pm

I agree with Bryce on that particular point. When she uttered that remark, I immediately wondered if she had divulged something very inappropriate.

Some media outlets reached out to Defense Department officials soon afterward. One gentleman said the information is "extremely classified" and refused to confirm or deny the timeframe.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic