Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Our Voting System Needs Overhauled

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:19 pm

All the states need to be on the same page. Forget about the electoral college. Just go by popular vote. States should have same rules across the board. Why should some states be winner take all but not others? There are so many inequities there. And personally I think a government issued ID should be required to vote. There is simply too much voter fraud out there. Why wouldn't the poor have some form of ID?? Why is that too much of a burden? You need ID for all sorts of things besides driving. For example, how the hell do they buy their liquor and smokes? A lot of hospitals require ID's for services. What's the big deal about it at the polls?

Deleted User 8570

Re: Our Voting System Needs Overhauled

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:41 pm

TheForce wrote:All the states need to be on the same page. Forget about the electoral college. Just go by popular vote. States should have same rules across the board. Why should some states be winner take all but not others? There are so many inequities there. And personally I think a government issued ID should be required to vote. There is simply too much voter fraud out there. Why wouldn't the poor have some form of ID?? Why is that too much of a burden? You need ID for all sorts of things besides driving. For example, how the hell do they buy their liquor and smokes? A lot of hospitals require ID's for services. What's the big deal about it at the polls?
It's not the concept of getting the ID so much as the fact that usually it has to be a military ID, Gun License or state ID. The first two are strong Republican constituencies. They are the ones pushing these laws (in the name of stopping in person voter fraud which is nonexistent. Absentee ballot fraud is much more common but since vastly more absentees vote Republican they overlook that)... add in that student ID's don't count and that hours only in Democratic areas have been curtailed due to "budget constraints" and the poor, minority and young populations have a harder time getting cards. If the right can't win on merits anymore they'll simply change the rules. It's terrible.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:27 am

In the past I have been unable to find evidence of wide spread voter fraud when I GTSU....(google that shit up)
seems to me maybe a small town drain commissioner vote could be changed with the fraud of individual votes but no way millions of fraudulent votes are changing bigger elections. I don't believe it.
I would more likely believe somebody could figure out how to fraudulently altered the actual count.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:13 am

Fraud or not, I think people who vote should have to prove they are who they say they are. What I really wanna know is how dead people are getting votes casted??? Don't want illegals voting either.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:54 am

TheForce wrote:Fraud or not, I think people who vote should have to prove they are who they say they are. What I really wanna know is how dead people are getting votes casted??? Don't want illegals voting either.
Neither of those are very common if at all. The other thing you should consider is that most other western countries accept things like bills to prove identity. Excluding student ID's but allowing gun licenses is agregious...

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 am

I agree with those who are saying you need a valid state issued ID to vote.
I never could accept the argument that, regardless of how minimal the fraud may be, that you don't need to prove who you are to vote.
The PoPo isn't going to take a student ID, or a utility bill, or a picture of the front of your house as valid ID if they want to chat with you.
Same with drawing money out of the bank or writing a check, or any number of examples.
You need to be 18 to vote. At 18, whether you drive or walk, anyone eligible to vote is going to have a state issued ID anyway.

And I agree the Electoral College should be done with, and it should just be popular vote across the board.
I can't imagine it happening in this election, but time will come when someone wins the popular, yet loses the election.
A valid argument can certainly be made by the loser that they were America's Choice.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:51 am

Circle Seven wrote:I agree with those who are saying you need a valid state issued ID to vote.
I never could accept the argument that, regardless of how minimal the fraud may be, that you don't need to prove who you are to vote.
The PoPo isn't going to take a student ID, or a utility bill, or a picture of the front of your house as valid ID if they want to chat with you.
Same with drawing money out of the bank or writing a check, or any number of examples.
You need to be 18 to vote. At 18, whether you drive or walk, anyone eligible to vote is going to have a state issued ID anyway.

And I agree the Electoral College should be done with, and it should just be popular vote across the board.
I can't imagine it happening in this election, but time will come when someone wins the popular, yet loses the election.
A valid argument can certainly be made by the loser that they were America's Choice.
Actually someone has won the popular vote but lost the election... Al Gore in 2000 won by 900,000 votes...

Why then do they take gun cards as good ID? Under your rules they should be banned too...

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 am

NS8401 wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:Why then do they take gun cards as good ID? Under your rules they should be banned too...
On one hand I could say a CPL is a state issued photo ID.
But my point is this:
Who with a CPL isn't going to also have a driver's license or state issued ID card? Fair to say you can't get a CPL without showing state ID.
What I'm saying is people eligible to vote will already have a state issued ID for a multitude of other reasons.
What's the big deal with showing something you already have, in order to vote?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 am

Circle Seven wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:Why then do they take gun cards as good ID? Under your rules they should be banned too...
On one hand I could say a CPL is a state issued photo ID.
But my point is this:
Who with a CPL isn't going to also have a driver's license or state issued ID card? Fair to say you can't get a CPL without showing state ID.
What I'm saying is people eligible to vote will already have a state issued ID for a multitude of other reasons.
What's the big deal with showing something you already have, in order to vote?
For whatever reason lots of folks apparently don't... why does our way of proving identity need to be so narrow? In a place like Norway they accept 30 different forms of ID... even Canada does... what's our grand excuse? It's a pretty bald faced political move. Nothing to do with "voter fraud" or any other nonexistent stuff....

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:13 pm

ID is also important in the fact I don't want illegals to be able to vote. They have no such rights here to vote. I really don't understand why people are so against having to show ID?

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Voter fraud is a H*** problem.., both in absentee and in person:

"Don’t take my word for it, you can draw your own conclusion from the alarming assessment that comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), which is operated by teams of researchers from across the country. Non-citizens are inclined to support Democrat candidates, and President Obama pulled in more than 80 percent of the vote from non-citizens in 2008, according to CCES. There were enough ineligible voters to cast ballots in the 2008 election cycle to pull out Democratic victories in close elections nationwide."

"According to Pew Charitable Trusts Report published in 2012, '24 million–one of every eight–active voter registrations in the United States are no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate.' "

That's 15% or 45 million people, folks.

If you are here illegally.. you don't have the right to vote. Period.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:01 pm

radiodoc wrote:Voter fraud is a H*** problem.., both in absentee and in person:

"Don’t take my word for it, you can draw your own conclusion from the alarming assessment that comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), which is operated by teams of researchers from across the country. Non-citizens are inclined to support Democrat candidates, and President Obama pulled in more than 80 percent of the vote from non-citizens in 2008, according to CCES. There were enough ineligible voters to cast ballots in the 2008 election cycle to pull out Democratic victories in close elections nationwide."

"According to Pew Charitable Trusts Report published in 2012, '24 million–one of every eight–active voter registrations in the United States are no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate.' "

That's 15% or 45 million people, folks.

If you are here illegally.. you don't have the right to vote. Period.
You got a link or you just blowing that out your...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic