Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans Handing the Whitehouse To HRC

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Republicans Handing the Whitehouse To HRC

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:17 pm

With Trump losing Republican supporters, the Republican Party is just handing the Whitehouse over to HRC and the Democrats. Is that really what the Republican Party wants? Granted the choices we have aren't top caliber candidates, one is obviously a better choice than the other. Regardless of the things Trump has said or done in the past doesn't change his genuine vision he has for this country. I think many will largely overlook his past so we can change the direction of the country that is badly needed. Who cares what the guy said or did a long time ago. Now if he said those things while being a presidential candidate that is another thing. People want change, not more of the same. Also we need term limits. There are too many in Washington that have been there for decades. That needs to stop so we can get new and fresh ideas instead of the failed status quo. There, my rant is over.

audiophile

Re: Republicans Handing the Whitehouse To HRC

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:47 pm

I think Donald is handing it to Hillary.

The sincere apology would have sufficed, but he choose to deflect by quickly transitioning to Bill Clinton.

Example:

"I'm very embarrassed to that admit I said that 11 years ago. My 11 year-old comments do not not reflect the man I am today, I have grown as a man a great deal since then, and I sincerely apologize to both Billy Bush and Nancy O'Dell and to others that I have hurt. Again, please accept my sincere apology and I ask for your forgiveness..." /end

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Here is another example:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/ ... tion-2016/

Instead of apologizing he denies it entirely, which feeds the news sharks appetite:

EG:
"As I mentioned the other day, I have grown as a real man in the last 11 years and if I hurt anyone in the past I apologize."

A simple apology would have shut it down.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:14 pm

I find it alarming that much of the media is in cahoots with Clinton. How convenient that NBC had that recording for 8-9 months now and just chose to release it weeks before the election. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Yes it would have been much better.

Even better yet to let Ted Cruz win the primary.

You had to know this krap was coming in October.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Usually issuing a sincere apology leads to an abrupt end of one's political career. Make no mistake about it - if Trump had genuinely apologized about his first political controversy (saying McCain is not a war hero), his short time as a politician would have been OVER.

As to the media, I have never before seen so many mainstream media outlets so in the tank for a particular candidate. Not saying that Trump doesn't bring a lot of it onto himself, but the wall-to-wall coverage of his problems with women, while all but sweeping under the rug or burying on the back pages all of Hillary's problems (especially some of the recent wikileaks stuff) is outrageous. The Hillary campaign hasn't really been directly denying this stuff; rather, they just blame it on the Russians, and then argue that Trump has close ties with the Russians.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:40 pm

I heard Trump branded Kool-Aide is on sale. :blink

The McCain thing is different - mainly it's Trump's opinion. At least he had somewhat of a point they he preferred ones that were not captured. No apology needed for an opinion.. On second thought maybe he should have apologized and saved us all this krap now :-)

Hillary deployed her well-worded apology on her email server in the first debate and it was highly effective. Maybe the media accepted her apology...

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:27 am

I don't know about anyone else but I wish this election was over. Hard to avoid as the media is saturated with it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:39 am

It would be over for Hillary if Trump resigned and let Pence take over the ticket.

Trump numbers with women are like 22% and falling.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:59 am

audiophile wrote:It would be over for Hillary if Trump resigned and let Pence take over the ticket.

Only because:
1) next to Trump... Pence looks sane.

And...

2) Pence's rather far right views wouldn't have time to come out and he would remain an unknown. He's out of step with current trends... often by a mile.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 am

audiophile wrote:It would be over for Hillary if Trump resigned and let Pence take over the ticket
You wanna talk about drinking some Kool-Aid...... :roll:

If Trump resigned, you're right, it would be over. Hillary in a landslide. There would be far more dejected Trump supporters who stay home than there would be never-Trump Republicans along with switching-sides-moderates who would vote for Pence. The Republican party would be in even more shambles than it is now.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:It would be over for Hillary if Trump resigned and let Pence take over the ticket.

Only because:
Do does look sane compared to both.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:37 pm

bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:It would be over for Hillary if Trump resigned and let Pence take over the ticket
You wanna talk about drinking some Kool-Aid...... :roll:

If Trump resigned, you're right, it would be over. Hillary in a landslide. There would be far more dejected Trump supporters who stay home than there would be never-Trump Republicans along with switching-sides-moderates who would vote for Pence. The Republican party would be in even more shambles than it is now.
At least you admit Trump has put it in shambles. That's the first step.

I think Pence would be like a breath of fresh air to the country.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:37 pm

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Only because:
Do does look sane compared to both.
His views are outside the mainstream... the country is well to the left of him... the Democrats are the bigger party now... it's not the Reagan Conservative era anymore... you have to evolve or you will cease to matter...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic