Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

There's no way in hell I'm voting for Hillary, either

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

There's no way in hell I'm voting for Hillary, either

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 am

The audio remarks regarding the rape case in Arkansas where HilLIARy defended the accused are deeply, deeply troubling to me.

Did HRC encourage a man whom she thought was guilty of a heinous crime to enter a "not guilty" plea??? Does she think it is funny that man who is potentially a monster was able to get off scot free? Why was she chuckling on the audio recording??

The fact she refused to address this topic in last night's debate is completely unacceptable, and the Mainstream Media should be ashamed for not spending as much time on this issue as the Trump/Billy Bush tape.

I'll be voting third party or for a write-in. No, I am NOT throwing away my vote. You people who insist on making the choice a binary one regardless of the repulsive actions of the two "big party" nominees are the folks who are f*cking up our republic, not me. I am thoroughly insulted by any suggestion that I am "wasting my vote." No conscientiously cast vote is "wasted."

I would contend the gutless wonders who are willing to behave like sheep are the individuals who are wasting their votes.

Let me be clear - I respect the fact some people genuinely (for whatever reason) support Clinton or Trump and are willing to look past their transgressions. My remark above is not necessarily directed at you, but rather, it is directed at the folks who want to marginalize those of us who wish to go a different direction.

audiophile

Re: There's no way in hell I'm voting for Hillary, either

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am

Amen!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 am

I guess it depends on how you define "wasting" one's vote. If the person you vote for is not viable, then your vote has absolutely zero impact on the current election, and I would argue is a wasted vote. If your goal in voting 3rd party is to send a message to the 2-party system for FUTURE elections, then it is arguably not wasted.

My view is that it depends on what state you live in. If you don't live in a swing state, then by all means send a message by voting 3rd party. But if you live in a swing state such as Ohio, Florida, or a handful of other states, where your vote might actually impact the outcome (think of Florida in 2000 where the entire race was determined by barely 500 votes), then voting 3rd party is a complete waste, IMO.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Does she think it is funny that man who is potentially a monster was able to get off scot free? Why was she chuckling on the audio recording??

The fact she refused to address this topic in last night's debate is completely unacceptable, and the Mainstream Media should be ashamed for not spending as much time on this issue as the Trump/Billy Bush tape.
Several fact checkers are flat-out saying this did not happen. From USA Today:
Trump distorted the facts about a rape case that Clinton was involved in as a legal aid lawyer in 1975, wrongly accusing Clinton of 'laughing at' the victim.
Politifact:
Trump said after Clinton helped a man accused of raping a 12-year-old, "she's seen laughing on two separate occasions, laughing at the girl who was raped."

Trump is referring to an audio tape in which she does respond with amusement at her recollections of the oddities of the case, which involve the prosecution and the judge.

At no point does she laugh at the victim.

We rate his claim False.
I think for Politifact to give the claim an outright "false" rating is very misleading. By their own definitions, the claim should have been rated "half true" because even they acknowledge that Hillary is heard laughing a number of times on tape about things related to the case, including after saying of the accuser "I had him take a polygraph, which he passed — which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs." She may not be laughing directly at the victim, but she more or less acknowledges that she knows her client is guilty, and she is laughing about it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:57 am

MWmetalhead wrote:The audio remarks regarding the rape case in Arkansas where HilLIARy defended the accused are deeply, deeply troubling to me.

Did HRC encourage a man whom she thought was guilty of a heinous crime to enter a "not guilty" plea??? Does she think it is funny that man who is potentially a monster was able to get off scot free? Why was she chuckling on the audio recording??

I'll be voting third party or for a write-in. No, I am NOT throwing away my vote. You people who insist on making the choice a binary one regardless of the repulsive actions of the two "big party" nominees are the folks who are f*cking up our republic, not me. I am thoroughly insulted by any suggestion that I am "wasting my vote." No conscientiously cast vote is "wasted."

I would contend the gutless wonders who are willing to behave like sheep are the individuals who are wasting their votes.

Let me be clear - I respect the fact some people genuinely (for whatever reason) support Clinton or Trump and are willing to look past their transgressions. My remark above is not necessarily directed at you, but rather, it is directed at the folks who want to marginalize those of us who wish to go a different direction.
Perfectly fine... but your vote will NOT count if it is a write-in that has not registered with the state first. Writing in one of the other 16 Republicans that ran in the primary for example isn't going to cut it. You will then be voting for nothing literally.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:29 pm

I assure you my vote will either be for a third party contender or for a write-in candidate who has registered.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Just out of curiosity MW,

Rate your dislike of Hillary 1 - 10 and Trump 1 - 10.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Did HRC encourage a man whom she thought was guilty of a heinous crime to enter a "not guilty" plea??? Does she think it is funny that man who is potentially a monster was able to get off scot free? Why was she chuckling on the audio recording??
I don't fault her for doing her job. If she thinks it is funny that he was found not guilty AND she thinks he did, she's a cunt.

Other than that one exception, I agree with everything you said.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Just out of curiosity MW,

Rate your dislike of Hillary 1 - 10 and Trump 1 - 10.
If you remove policy positions from the equation (I have more viewpoints in common with Trump than Hillary), I'd rank Hillary an "8" and Trump a "9." In other words, I dislike each of them very strongly.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:38 pm

I ask, because the goal for each candidate this year was not to promote their agenda or platform, but to smear their competitor and raise negatives. It looks like they both succeed for you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Trump did it to himself mostly.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 am

Hillary would most likely cause a dangerous military conflict with Russia over Aleppo.

What a Buffon she is!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:47 am

audiophile wrote:Hillary would most likely cause a dangerous military conflict with Russia over Aleppo.

What a Buffon she is!
Russia wants many things... a war probably isn't one of them...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 am

Crossed arms. Frowny Faces. Stomping off in a huff.

"I'm taking my marbles an going home!"

The men and women who can't bring themselves to vote for Hillary are mental and emotional and psychological four year olds.

They don't understand themselves. They look at the landscape of their lives (forgetting most moments of each day and night) and justify all of their own actions, words, and thoughts.

They will never look themselves in the mirror and acknowlege that they are holding Hillary to a higher standard of humanity than they hold themselves. Their behavior private or public, every word private or public, every thought, every fantasy, every hypocracy, every mistake, every regret, every self centered moment where their actions put someone else in danger or fear, or at a disadvantage, or sad. They have a justification for all of their own many flaws.

And their biggest justification is "Well - basically I'm a good person."

"But, of course, Hillary is not."

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 am

Why is it if Clinton is not the voters choice it is because the voter is defective in some way? If the voter is not a Democrat or does not believe she is the right person for the job then they vote for one of the other candidates. That doesn't make them defective, just someone with different beliefs than those of either the party or candidate. I understand you worship her but that doesn't make her the choice for everyone. Your statements about not judging, by the way, make sense and work for both major party candidates, did you intend this?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic