Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Greta Van Sustren Abruptly leaves Fox News

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Greta Van Sustren Abruptly leaves Fox News

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Link:

http://www.politico.com/media/story/201 ... ews-004744

There is trouble brewing at that network. If they lose either O'Reilly or Megyn Kelly (or maybe both) in the next year, that will be a massive blow to their primetime lineup and their ratings juggernaut. You can't lose that many big names who have been with the network for so long and not expect a ratings plunge.

Matt

Re: Greta Van Sustren Abruptly leaves Fox News

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:28 pm

bmw wrote:Link:

There is trouble brewing at that network. If they lose either O'Reilly or Megyn Kelly (or maybe both) in the next year, that will be a massive blow to their primetime lineup and their ratings juggernaut. You can't lose that many big names who have been with the network for so long and not expect a ratings plunge.
Fired, so fired.

This came out the same day the $20M settlement with Gretchen Carlson breaks. If you can't see the connection between a staunch Ailes supporter being shown the door the same day as the settlement comes out, I don't think I can help you. Now Bolling and Hannity need the boot to and any of the other Trump pond scum still there.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:10 pm

I had not read about the settlement.

But now that I have, I don't think she was fired. I think she left because she felt that the settlement was not justice - that she would have rather seen this play out in court than end in a cash settlement. I seriously doubt that she was forced out.

That is a tangent anyways - my point is that Fox News could be in big trouble moving forward re: ratings. Which brings me to Bolling and Hannity - why should they be fired? Because they have a viewpoint different than yours? Cleanse the network? Bottom line is money, and as long as they're making Fox News money, they will continue to be offered contracts. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolling's role increase at the network - wouldn't shock me if he ends up with the 7 PM time slot after the elections are over.

EDIT - Also to be clear, I don't much care for Bolling myself, not because of his viewpoints, but because he is a boring lightweight. Whenever he fills in for O'Reilly, I find him incredibly boring.
Last edited by bmw on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:05 pm

She could have been a fan of Ailes and doesn't want to work directly for Murdoch?

Maybe Steve Doocey couldn't keep his hands off of her?

Maybe Brit Hume is getting bored and made a play for her slot, because he doesn't like staying up past 8?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:06 pm

bmw wrote:Link:

Greta was hard to listen to, her voice is like gravel.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Greta is a staunch fan of Ailes. She exercised her option before it expired - and will enjoy some down time before showing up on Ailes' future news endeavor. Badda Bing Badda Boom.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Agreed.

Wallbanger and perhaps O'Reilly will follow. If O'Reilly leaves - FOX is fucked.

Bolling is a second or third tier personality on that network. He could leave tomorrow and hardly anyone would even notice. He is completely dispensable.

Greta's show was nothing special. Move Shepard Smith back to that time slot. Problem solved. Another option - take one of the females from Fox Business Network and hand the time slot over to them.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:13 pm

I stand corrected - I simply thought jry was being funny earlier when he mentioned Brit Hume.

Hume *is* getting the slot!!!

I suspect this will not be a lasting move unless a bunch of other talent is about to bolt. There are a couple hints in the press release verbiage that suggest Hume will only remain in that slot for a limited time:

http://www.businessinsider.com/greta-va ... ews-2016-9

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm

This item might add to how Fox got where they are..
Sooner or later the system will start to crumble when you have a leader like this.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ailes.html

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:31 am

bmw wrote:I had not read about the settlement.

But now that I have, I don't think she was fired. I think she left because she felt that the settlement was not justice - that she would have rather seen this play out in court than end in a cash settlement. I seriously doubt that she was forced out.

That is a tangent anyways - my point is that Fox News could be in big trouble moving forward re: ratings. Which brings me to Bolling and Hannity - why should they be fired? Because they have a viewpoint different than yours? Cleanse the network? Bottom line is money, and as long as they're making Fox News money, they will continue to be offered contracts. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolling's role increase at the network - wouldn't shock me if he ends up with the 7 PM time slot after the elections are over.

EDIT - Also to be clear, I don't much care for Bolling myself, not because of his viewpoints, but because he is a boring lightweight. Whenever he fills in for O'Reilly, I find him incredibly boring.
Bolling and Hannity go beyond just supporting Trump, they support Trump by any means necessary. They've eroded any credibility on the right and will be irrelevant in two months when Trump loses. I can tolerate other opinions, but belittling people because they are not supporting a guy who for most of his life has been and still is a liberal leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 am

Matt wrote:

Bolling and Hannity go beyond just supporting Trump, they support Trump by any means necessary. They've eroded any credibility on the right and will be irrelevant in two months when Trump loses. I can tolerate other opinions, but belittling people because they are not supporting a guy who for most of his life has been and still is a liberal leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Well said. Hannity is losing all cred.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am

Speaking of Hannity, Did any of you see that Jackass praising Assange for Hacking into Hillarys emails.

that's essentially condoning a Federal Crime.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:43 am

audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:

He hasn't been as interesting since he had Colmes to play against... Before FOX went completely nuts...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:16 am

48125er wrote:Speaking of Hannity, Did any of you see that Jackass praising Assange for Hacking into Hillarys emails.

It's condoning treason.
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:

He hasn't been as interesting since he had Colmes to play against... Before FOX went completely nuts...
Colmes was Hannity's little bitch boy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 am

Matt wrote:
48125er wrote:Speaking of Hannity, Did any of you see that Jackass praising Assange for Hacking into Hillarys emails.

It's condoning treason.
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:

Colmes was Hannity's little bitch boy.
True but at least he was sort of (if very weakly, all liberals on FOX are absolute lightweights) trying to check Hannity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic