Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Suppose He Had Decided to Run As a Democrat

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Suppose He Had Decided to Run As a Democrat

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:52 pm

What if, instead of running as a Republican, Trump had decided to run as a Democrat? He could have fit there just as uncomfortably as he's fitting in with the Republicans.

Could he have secured the nomination?

If he had been nominated, who would most likely be his Republican opponent today?

Care to speculate, anyone?

I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

TC Talks

Re: Suppose He Had Decided to Run As a Democrat

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Well...

He probably wouldn't have sought out the racists in America, but the working class who have been left behind that are known to move back and forth would still be with him. He is clearly a capitalist and that wouldn't have helped him, so he may have gone after the Christian Right's attack on Gays, Legalization of Weed and Science. I still think he is a social moderate that is pandering to the Evangelicals because it's pretty easy to blow sunshine up their ass and win their vote.

I don't think he would have won against the rigged system. Hillary had things tied up before she began. He would have been duking it out with Bernie for the working class.

Without Trump on the Republican side, it would have been Rubio and Bush. Ted Hainey wouldn't have gained much traction if either of those two remained in the race.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:55 am

Turkeytop wrote:What if, instead of running as a Republican, Trump had decided to run as a Democrat? He could have fit there just as uncomfortably as he's fitting in with the Republicans.

Could he have secured the nomination?

If he had been nominated, who would most likely be his Republican opponent today?

Care to speculate, anyone?
He could have done it, but Bill Clinton supposedly encouraged him to run. This could be all "engineered" by the Clintons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:51 am

TC Talks wrote:Well...

He probably wouldn't have sought out the racists in America, but the working class who have been left behind that are known to move back and forth would still be with him. He is clearly a capitalist and that wouldn't have helped him, so he may have gone after the Christian Right's attack on Gays, Legalization of Weed and Science. I still think he is a social moderate that is pandering to the Evangelicals because it's pretty easy to blow sunshine up their ass and win their vote.

I don't think he would have won against the rigged system. Hillary had things tied up before she began. He would have been duking it out with Bernie for the working class.

Without Trump on the Republican side, it would have been Rubio and Bush. Ted Hainey wouldn't have gained much traction if either of those two remained in the race.
I would argue that the Democrat Party is actually the racist party, reliant on keeping the black population in their corner without ever actually doing anything to help them.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:07 pm

If you look at Chicago, I'd agree with you. Rahm is performing horribly. But why are all the red states filled with the supremacy groups and Republican politicians?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:If you look at Chicago, I'd agree with you. Rahm is performing horribly. But why are all the red states filled with the supremacy groups and Republican politicians?
Because those same states were largely confederate and those leanings never left. History 101 man...

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:03 am

I Truly think Trump is Not a social conservative

Before he had no problem with Pro choice laws or Same sex marriage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:08 am

48125er wrote:I Truly think Trump is Not a social conservative

Before he had no problem with Pro choice laws or Same sex marriage.
He's not any kind of conservative... Not in a real sense. Not in any sense actually...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic