Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ohio Senator Rob Portman wins reelection

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Ohio Senator Rob Portman wins reelection

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:27 pm

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08 ... good-time/

This is a despicable comment, in line with suggesting killing a potential president.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Ohio Senator Rob Portman wins reelection

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Matt wrote:http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08 ... good-time/

This is a despicable comment, in line with suggesting killing a potential president.
At least he bothered to say "I don't wish anybody ill...". It's hardly different then how I was praying every game in the NBA finals that Lebron would suffer a broken leg or something... I don't want his career to end and I don't wish him Ill but it would have been helpful to the Warriors... It may not be a good outcome for scalia but it realistically helps labor's cause to have him not on the court. Since dying is about the only way to get someone off the court there really wasn't much else he could say there... It's not like he said "Fantastic... That fat pompous asshole that hated labor with a passion is dead! Now we can get what we want!!!". It was much more realistic than that. No Scalia (most realistically he'd have to drop dead) = more likely favorable ruling.

This is not at all like Trump suggesting ambiguously that "second amendment people" might have something to say about Hillary's plan to "abolish the second amendment"... Not only can she not unilaterally do that but she hasn't even talked about it. Suggesting murder simply isn't the same as suggesting that if someone had still been alive something wouldn't have happened. Not even close.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 pm

The Secret Service has paid a visit to the Trump squad - to question and warn them about Trump and/or others on his team promoting, encouraging, or suggesting to the public that killing HRC is an option to manipulate the Scalia replacement - to their liking.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 am

screen glare wrote:The Secret Service has paid a visit to the Trump squad - to question and warn them about Trump and/or others on his team promoting, encouraging, or suggesting to the public that killing HRC is an option to manipulate the Scalia replacement - to their liking.
Of course Matt DID and always has condemned The Donald...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:19 am

I agree both are terrible. BUT on the creepy scale, Strickland's comment is about a 6 and Trump's is more like a 9. Talking about someone who died and the opportunity it has created is a bit different than suggesting an opportunity could be created if someone were to die. Ted didn't make a veiled threat.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:24 am

Retread Ted! I voted for him in 2006 and slowly wondered why I bothered. Kasich I think has been fairly decent. Even if Clinton carries OH handily I think Portman will probably win, Strickland was fired after 1 term and I see no reason to have another go around with him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic