Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Today in Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Today in Trump

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:29 am

If Trump has founded ISIS it would be bankrupt by now....

-Andy Borowitz

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Trump likes living in a New York penthouse and being able to jet-set all over, visiting his golf courses and hotels. He likes hob-knobbing with celebrities (most of whom want absolutely nothing to do with him now). He likes buying properties and engaging in real estate deals. White House life is too restrictive and I do not believe he wants it. Trump likes self-promotion and being and entertainer. His bid was intended to bring attention and ratings to an otherwise boring political process. It backfired. He got the nomination, ruined his reputation (and probably his business) and an entire political party that needs as much help as it can get with damage control in order to ever remain competitive.
Hope his attention-whoring was worth it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:Trump likes living in a New York penthouse and being able to jet-set all over, visiting his golf courses and hotels. He likes hob-knobbing with celebrities (most of whom want absolutely nothing to do with him now). He likes buying properties and engaging in real estate deals. White House life is too restrictive and I do not believe he wants it. Trump likes self-promotion and being and entertainer. His bid was intended to bring attention and ratings to an otherwise boring political process. It backfired. He got the nomination, ruined his reputation (and probably his business) and an entire political party that needs as much help as it can get with damage control in order to ever remain competitive.
Interesting perspective...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Many people are saying that Trump’s tax returns reveal donations to the North American Man/Boy Love Association, an advocacy group for pedophiles. The theory has been floated by several highly reputable Twitter accounts, and Google Trends registered a spike in searches for “Trump and NAMBLA” in recent days.

According to the Daily Beast, the discussion was kicked off by a post on esteemed social-media site Reddit, which has brought many things to light, not all of them pleasant.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ambla.html

Where's our NAMBLA expert Revox when you need him?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
Y M Ionhere wrote:Trump likes living in a New York penthouse and being able to jet-set all over, visiting his golf courses and hotels. He likes hob-knobbing with celebrities (most of whom want absolutely nothing to do with him now). He likes buying properties and engaging in real estate deals. White House life is too restrictive and I do not believe he wants it. Trump likes self-promotion and being and entertainer. His bid was intended to bring attention and ratings to an otherwise boring political process. It backfired. He got the nomination, ruined his reputation (and probably his business) and an entire political party that needs as much help as it can get with damage control in order to ever remain competitive.
Interesting perspective...
I heard a theory brought forward by someone who knows his agent that this was all a way to get a better deal with NBC by attracting other networks to The Apprentice.

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:45 am

Warren Buffet challenged Trump to right now reveal his tax returns that are supposedly being audited. He then said he'd show his own tax returns under audit and encourage voters to ask questions about both men's returns.

Well, Mr. Trump?

I bet Trump doesn't want to reveal his under audit returns because they show that he's a stickler in following the adage "Charity Begins at Home". And they likely also contradict Trump's self-aggrandized image in every category of his "silver spoon-born" life.

IRS agents view themselves as enforcers of love of country. Which is why I think more and more of them are becoming alarmed at the thought of Donald Dangerous at the helm of this great land.
Thus - get ready for one of the IRS patriots to see his or her mission as saving America from Trump - by ratting out what's contained in Trump's audit-target returns. Of course, leaks of that information would be done in a way that protects the leaker's ID. Unless they see themselves as heroic and want recognition for their heroism.

Stand by.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:08 am

screen glare wrote:
I bet Trump doesn't want to reveal his under audit returns because they show that he's a stickler in following the adage "Charity Begins at Home"..
HilLIEry might win that one. Seems that 96% of her "charitable giving" was for donations to the Clinton Foundation. So, she gave money to herself and took a deduction.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:21 pm

The difference is - she's put her tax returns out there, Bryce. For you and all voters to see and critique.

Mr. Trump has not done that. Despite Warren Buffet unmasking the absurd Trump reasoning that he must wait until the IRS audit is complete. He's just a con, just a coward, and probably a tax cheat as well.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Why wouldn't Trump just say, "My tax returns are private. Nobody's business."?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Why wouldn't Trump just say, "My tax returns are private. Nobody's business."?
Then he still looks like he has something to hide. Releasing ones tax returns when one is nominated for president is a custom that goes back a ways...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:23 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:Why wouldn't Trump just say, "My tax returns are private. Nobody's business."?
Then he still looks like he has something to hide. Releasing ones tax returns when one is nominated for president is a custom that goes back a ways...
But it would be more honest and more credible than the "Audit" excuse.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 pm

Bryce wrote: HilLIEry might win that one. Seems that 96% of her "charitable giving" was for donations to the Clinton Foundation. So, she gave money to herself and took a deduction.

With bullshit like this, how you haven't fallen in love with her is beyond me. She's a blue blood Republican in Democrats clothing.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:58 am

So who are these Trump supporters?

[youtube]www.youtube.com/v=6MubunsD-7g[/youtube]

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14 am

TC Talks wrote:So who are these Trump supporters?

[youtube]www.youtube.com/v=6MubunsD-7g[/youtube]
Who are these broken-link posting wannabe's? 8o

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
But it would be more honest and more credible than the "Audit" excuse.
Congratulations TT, that may well be the first time I've seen the words 'honest' and 'credible' used in reference to anything Mr. Trump might or might not do. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic