Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Video of "Trump Talk" Kills Him Every Time

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Video of "Trump Talk" Kills Him Every Time

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:03 am

jry wrote:I saw another story that credited him with raising 64 Mil. At any rate, they raised it on Trumps back.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

For context:
Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee, raised $101 million in July of that year.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... gn-and-rnc

It would seem rather than raising money on Trump's back, Trump is in fact holding the party back.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:43 am

Appealing to the base solely isn't going to win this election for the GOP.

The fact of the matter is the Dem base is now larger than the GOP base in this country thanks to changing demographics. I am not referring exclusively to voter registration status, but rather, political beliefs.

So, for the GOP to win - they need to be able to win "purple states" and appeal broadly to swing voters, particularly white suburban females who live in the midwest and mid-atlantic.

For those reasons, I believe John Kasich, former Indiana governor Mitch Daniels, and Nikki Hailey would be among the better options.

Larry Hogan - Governor of Maryland - is quite popular in his state, but he is currently fighting cancer. At the moment, he's cancer free, but I believe his health history likely would preclude him from seeking higher office anytime soon. More: http://www.albanydailystar.com/health/m ... 10517.html

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Appealing to the base solely isn't going to win this election for the GOP.

The fact of the matter is the Dem base is now larger than the GOP base in this country thanks to changing demographics. I am not referring exclusively to voter registration status, but rather, political beliefs.

So, for the GOP to win - they need to be able to win "purple states" and appeal broadly to swing voters, particularly white suburban females who live in the midwest and mid-atlantic.

For those reasons, I believe John Kasich, former Indiana governor Mitch Daniels, and Nikki Hailey would be among the better options.

Larry Hogan - Governor of Maryland - is quite popular in his state, but he is currently fighting cancer. At the moment, he's cancer free, but I believe his health history likely would preclude him from seeking higher office anytime soon. More: http://www.albanydailystar.com/health/m ... 10517.html
In other words a moderate that compromises... The base (Trumps and the Conservative wings) won't go for that. The pragmatic business wing would.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Nikki Hailey vs Hillary Clinton.

Yes. That will work.

Put the binders of men back on the shelf. And while you're at it rip out the Trump page.

Vlad the Invader will curse the day. "Foiled again!"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:24 pm

screen glare wrote:Nikki Hailey vs Hillary Clinton.

Yes. That will work.

Put the binders of men back on the shelf. And while you're at it rip out the Trump page.

Hailey is actually quite likable...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:26 am

screen glare wrote:Nikki Hailey vs Hillary Clinton.

Yes. That will work.

Are you gay or just a cuck? Jennifer Granholm was probably the worst governor in the nation from 2003-2011. Hillary was an awful SOS and does not deserve to be president. She's only going to win because the Republicans have nominated someone even less qualified.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 am

Hailey = Granholm???

I'm confused.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:52 am

I was actually just referencing the example of a women in executive leadership. It did not go well. Similarly, Hillary was a failed SOS. SG's longing for a two woman race seems a bit bizarre...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:47 am

Maybe they're hoping for a mud wresting match?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Ya know- Matt, ol'boy - you're right.

Why would I want to see a presidential race between two women?

I mean - most U-S presidential match ups over more than 200 years have been between two white men. And they've been loaded with excellent examples of manly leadership and humane decision-making: sexual scandals (beyond your pea-brain knowledge of recent history, Matt-Knat), unnecessary wars, the enslavement and torture and selling of black families and individuals considered "property", the imprisonment of U-S citizens of Japanese descent, and MANY MORE manly decisions on the hit parade of great ideas.

Why in the hell would we EVER want to depart from our paternal pattern of man-think?

I'm so grateful you corrected my zany notion of a two-female election, Matt-Rat. And my daughters want you to know that they're beholden to you as well for your superior thought processes and heroic
attempt - to save the American people from uppity women!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Hillary is pretty hawkish, so I'm not sure I catch your drift that women are the "better" half.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic