Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Roger Ailes and Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Prediction: Roger Ailes and Trump

Post by screen glare » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Now that Gretchen Carlson and other women have used Roger Ailes own rope to hang him high - I predict Donald Trump will hire Ailes to form a new 24-hour news network. Ailes will run it. And Trump will dictate content. Its purpose: to serve the vision of a President Trump. And it will begin operations during the first 100 days of his administration.

It will be the mouthpiece of the The White House, although it will be fashioned to look and sound more like the Ailes-helmed Fox News.

Every successful dictator controls the media to control the people. It wouldn't be our only choice for news and information, but Trump would bill it as the OFFICAL and AUTHORITATIVE CHOICE.

bmw

Re: Prediction: Roger Ailes and Trump

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:27 pm

You need to lose the tin foil hat.

And also, why do you keep double-posting topics?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 pm

screen glare wrote: It will be the mouthpiece of the The White House
Oh, I get it. Like MSNBC is now right?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 pm

bmw wrote: And also, why do you keep double-posting topics?

Good question! He can still delete the duplicate post...look for the "X"

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 pm

screen glare wrote:Now that Gretchen Carlson and other women have used Roger Ailes own rope to hang him high - I predict Donald Trump will hire Ailes to form a new 24-hour news network. Ailes will run it. And Trump will dictate content. Its purpose: to serve the vision of a President Trump. And it will begin operations during the first 100 days of his administration.

It will be the mouthpiece of the The White House, although it will be fashioned to look and sound more like the Ailes-helmed Fox News.

Every successful dictator controls the media to control the people. It wouldn't be our only choice for news and information, but Trump would bill it as the OFFICAL and AUTHORITATIVE CHOICE.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:56 pm

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:39 am

I found this information interesting:
http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2 ... -walk.html
http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2 ... s-may.html

(I knew the cable news audience was older than dirt; the second article above proves it. FNC's median audience age is 65!!! 60-friggin'-5!!! MSNBC is right there with them.)

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:12 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 am

No, sir. Thanks for sharing those links.

Screen Glare's original post would have been right on the money had he simply removed the claim that Trump would be running the network (as its chairman and owner) from the White House.

Very interesting, indeed. I'm sure Wallbanger and O'Reilly would jump ship in a heartbeat. Greta too, probably. Savage would have has lips affixed to Trump's rump begging for a show.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks audiophile. I'm taking off my "tin foil hat", pissing in it, and handing it to bmw.

hahahahaha

BTW - what makes you think Trump couldn't run Ailes new white house mouthpiece network from the white house? He doesn't have to own it on paper. Nor communicate with Ailes directly. He'd just go through secret ... channels. (Pun intended)

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:38 am

The problem I see with this scenario is that according to reports I've seen, Ailes is to remain with Fox News as a consultant through 2018.

I can't imagine the lawyers didn't include some language that would keep him from starting a new network.. In addition, being as Ailes is still technically "with Fox News" the escape clause in talent contracts wouldn't be valid.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Here comes Ailes - the guy controlling the radio station - for the banana republic strong man. Viva, Trump! Now line up at this dock to be deported.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:56 pm

screen glare wrote:Here comes Ailes - the guy controlling the radio station - for the banana republic strong man. Viva, Trump! Now line up at this dock to be deported.
You're drunk Glare... Go home.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:59 pm

Well,well, well ...

This topic , and the entire ensuing thread which I started weeks ago, is now even closer to reality with new talk on this board about Ailes and now Mr. Bannon news-networking-it-up together ... post election - via Donald's dough. Whether President Trump or not - The Donald would have a media outlet through which to continue spewing his thoughts and ideas and words.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic