Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

OK With Open Carry? Or Would You Run?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

OK With Open Carry? Or Would You Run?

Post by screen glare » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Be honest in your answer, please.

jry

Re: OK With Open Carry? Or Would You Run?

Post by jry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm

I conceal carry. If i see someone open carrying, i would just have a hand on my weapon. It'd be like a shootout at the O K Corral.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Of yeah. I'm sure all you modern day gun slingers fancy yourselves heroes. Never a gun owner who accidently shoots and kills a friend, family member, or yourselves. Perish the thought! Not you puffed up, crack shot, crackpots.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:10 pm

screen glare wrote:Of yeah. I'm sure all you modern day gun slingers fancy yourselves heroes. Never a gun owner who accidently shoots and kills a friend, family member, or yourselves. Perish the thought! Not you puffed up, crack shot, crackpots.
Of the 31,513 gun deaths in 2010, only 600, or just under 2 percent, were accidental

Some more fun stats:

130,557 accidental deaths in 2010,
33,804 caused by car accident
1 in 217 accidental deaths was caused by a gun
1 in 4 was caused by a vehicle.

Sources:

http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUT ... NSTAT.html

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm

Conclusion:
You are 57x more likely to die in a car accident than by a gun accident.

Yet, what are we doing as a nation? Increasing speed limits and selling cell phones to teenagers like there's no tomorrow. And you're worried about accidental gun deaths. :rolleyes

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:43 am

bmw wrote:
screen glare wrote:Of yeah. I'm sure all you modern day gun slingers fancy yourselves heroes. Never a gun owner who accidently shoots and kills a friend, family member, or yourselves. Perish the thought! Not you puffed up, crack shot, crackpots.
Of the 31,513 gun deaths in 2010, only 600, or just under 2 percent, were accidental
Here is another interesting fact that doesn't get talked about.
Gun deaths also vary dramatically by type. The vast majority (77 percent) of white gun deaths are suicides; less than one in five (19 percent) is a homicide. These figures are nearly opposite in the black population, where only 14 percent of gun deaths are suicides but 82 percent are homicides
Here, I'll save screen glare the time....

Only a racist or bigot would have the temerity to bring that up. :roll:

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:42 pm

It's okay to say it, Screen. You'd run. It's good to avoid any dangerous situation, BUT if lives are in danger, it's good to be carrying.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic