Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Picks Mike Pence As VP Nominee

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Trump Picks Mike Pence As VP Nominee

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Tweeted it out this morning... He's trying to shore up evangelicals I think... It's not a bad move but the question is how will his backing down on the Religious Freedom bill effect his standing with them? He's supposedly widely liked in that realm...

Matt

Re: Trump Picks Mike Pence As VP Nominee

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Any word on if Eric Trump wanted Pence?

#VampireLivesMatter

This logo is accurate, at least the TP:

"Trump-Pence - America's Shit Ticket"

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Can't get much more white bread than Pence. Dumbass move, Donald. Opportunity wasted. Welcome back to the white house, Madame President.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:56 pm

screen glare wrote:Can't get much more white bread than Pence. Dumbass move, Donald. Opportunity wasted. Welcome back to the white house, Madame President.
You wouldn't happen to have some racism or racial bias glaring out of that post would you? So he's white... What of it?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:05 pm

A creepy logo for a creepy ticket. Makes sense to me! Loved John Dingell's tweet about it.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Pence is an unknown - this does nothing.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Make America Great Again
The last time I was in the U.S., less than three months ago, it was still great. When did it stop being so?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Let's see if I can help a bit. Pence instituted the largest tax cut in Indiana state history and gave back tax money to all state taxpayers in their state tax refund, while the state still has over 2 billion in reserve. He has brought jobs to the state, new industry and expanding companies already here. He is in with the Tea Party, Conservative Christians and the Anti Abortion crowd. He has the respect of many in the House and Senate and was a Congressman before becoming Governor....On the flip side, made a mess of the Religious Freedom Act and had to back pedal and then Trane announced they were moving to Mexico...Did a daily three hour talk show that was syndicated through Network Indiana in the 90's I believe....Married, kids, all that good stuff.....Pretty straight forward Republican who brings the political knowledge Trump lacks.......Less controversial than either Gingrich or Christie.......

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Make America Great Again
The last time I was in the U.S., less than three months ago, it was still great. When did it stop being so?
When it stopped being predominately white working class and the manufacturing jobs all left and we became politically correct obsessed etc...

At least that's THEIR thought process. I think it's still great and I refuse to believe the sky is falling because it doesn't reflect reality -- well except the one created by the news media making a few select stories seem like what's going on everywhere. The reality reflects a much better picture especially in living standards, mortality rates and other socioeconomic measurements.

The 1950's isn't all it's cracked up to be...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 am

I'm not a racist, NS. Contrary to your simpleton implication.

My point was/is - by selecting Pence, Trump misses an opportunity to defy the majority of those voters who thus far aren't on board with the optics of the Trump campaign, nor the soundbites.

He picks a guy who couldn't be more "white bread". That means a white male far right-leaning politician who believes in trickle down Ronald Reagan voo doo economics and is socially a throw back to the 1950's. Someone incapable of convincing females, non-whites, and every other person Trump has insulted that Trump's really a fine man who deserves a second look.

Pence may offer his knowledge and his experience to Trump in how to maneuver through the political minefield of congress, how to raise campaign funds, and attract reluctant evangelicals. But that would mean Trump would have to actually TAKE his advise, CHANGE his ingrained knee jerk way of communicating, and TRY to build consensus on important matters. Nice fantasy. But - so sorry. The Donald doesn't operate that way.

Try to keep up, NS.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:05 am

If Trump wins the general, I hope he resigns to go back to run his business.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 am

screen glare wrote:I'm not a racist, NS. Contrary to your simpleton implication.

My point was/is - by selecting Pence, Trump misses an opportunity to defy the majority of those voters who thus far aren't on board with the optics of the Trump campaign, nor the soundbites.

He picks a guy who couldn't be more "white bread". That means a white male far right-leaning politician who believes in trickle down Ronald Reagan voo doo economics and is socially a throw back to the 1950's. Someone incapable of convincing females, non-whites, and every other person Trump has insulted that Trump's really a fine man who deserves a second look.

Pence may offer his knowledge and his experience to Trump in how to maneuver through the political minefield of congress, how to raise campaign funds, and attract reluctant evangelicals. But that would mean Trump would have to actually TAKE his advise, CHANGE his ingrained knee jerk way of communicating, and TRY to build consensus on important matters. Nice fantasy. But - so sorry. The Donald doesn't operate that way.

Try to keep up, NS.
You know... You'd be more likeable if you wrote more posts that were that well explained...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:28 am

You mean likable like you, NS? hahahahaha

This board is not a popularity contest among those who post. I don't care WHAT others think. Just that they DO think.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:36 am

screen glare wrote:
He picks a guy who couldn't be more "white bread". That means a white male far right-leaning politician who believes in trickle down Ronald Reagan voo doo economics and is socially a throw back to the 1950's. .
Would you care to compare the financial health of the state Pense.has been running to that of a.progressive run state, like say California?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:39 am

Bryce wrote:
screen glare wrote:
He picks a guy who couldn't be more "white bread". That means a white male far right-leaning politician who believes in trickle down Ronald Reagan voo doo economics and is socially a throw back to the 1950's. .
Would you care to compare the financial health of the state Pense.has been running to that of a.progressive run state, like say California?
Here... You beat him up this time...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic