Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do all Lives Matter?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Do all Lives Matter?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:08 pm

screen glare wrote:Mickey and Goofy - in their fantasyland. With Donald!
So you're just gonna mock us rather than have a substantive discussion?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:15 pm

NS8401 wrote: So you're just gonna mock us rather than have a substantive discussion?
Been trying to tell you NS, when confronted with facts they can't refute, the left ALWAYS resorts to name calling and denigration of the messenger. Read rules for radicals.
'

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: So you're just gonna mock us rather than have a substantive discussion?
Been trying to tell you NS, when confronted with facts they can't refute, the left ALWAYS resorts to name calling and denigration of the messenger. Read rules for radicals.
'
Well I can't fault you there... Guess I'm not on the left... Not that I ever wanted to be... :barf

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Stats aren't facts. Already explained why. Though you believe they are sound numbers that cannot be manipulated on which to anchor your always racist conclusions.

Fantasyland is a place where silly or menacing characters reside.

And the 1% of law enforcement officers who bring racist feelings to the job - have executed, are killing, and will continue to murder innocent unarmed African Americans "driving while black" during traffic stops.

Bryce and your little protege, NS - certainly deserve each other.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm

screen glare wrote: And the 1% of law enforcement officers who bring racist feelings to the job - have executed, are killing, and will continue to murder innocent unarmed African Americans "driving while black" during traffic stops.
Lets see some stats!!!! How many a month? Week? Year? Decade?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:29 pm

Kind of hard to talk sense to people with this mindset...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mil ... ct-n630236

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:09 am

First of all - Bryce, your stats never once addressed my stated focus: The phenomenon in this country of parents having "the talk" - warning their African American sons and daughters about what to do, and not do - to keep from being executed by racist police officers as they are pulled over umpteen times throughout their lifetimes for "driving while black".

Instead you posted a link to an opinion piece in the newspaper - written by a woman promoting her book - selectively reprinting her quotes - heavily laden with crime statistics broken into racial and ethnic categories. What the hell does that have to do with what I was talking about? There was nothing there about the specific crime on which I was focused in my post.

Your self-identified white male, 20 something, social science apprentice, NS , chimes in with details of his own traffic stop encounters with police - not even realizing that they inadvertently prove my very point.

And now you leap into the riot in Milwaukee inferring that of course the spark - a fatal shooting that began with a traffic stop - is evidence to support your view ...that "driving while black" fatal traffic stops are not ubiquitous, that we've heard mostly imaginary testimony over the decades from African American motorists, and racist law enforcement (a minority of officers) isn't a tinder-box problem in the U-S.

Each "use of deadly force" case must be investigated and adjudicated to find the truth - justified or unjustified? Then all involved who are convicted must be punished.

Meanwhile riots are always criminal activity with the possibility of loss of life and property. Dr. King set the example for demonstrations that bring progress - and that example was always peaceful. Powerful changes - through PEACEFUL protest.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:10 am

screen glare wrote:First of all - Bryce, your stats never once addressed my stated focus: The phenomenon in this country of parents having "the talk" - warning their African American sons and daughters about what to do, and not do - to keep from being executed by racist police officers as they are pulled over umpteen times throughout their lifetimes for "driving while black".

Instead you posted a link to an opinion piece in the newspaper - written by a woman promoting her book - selectively reprinting her quotes - heavily laden with crime statistics broken into racial and ethnic categories. What the hell does that have to do with what I was talking about? There was nothing there about the specific crime on which I was focused in my post.

Your self-identified white male, 20 something, social science apprentice, NS , chimes in with details of his own traffic stop encounters with police - not even realizing that they inadvertently prove my very point.

And now you leap into the riot in Milwaukee inferring that of course the spark - a fatal shooting that began with a traffic stop - is evidence to support your view ...that "driving while black" fatal traffic stops are not ubiquitous, that we've heard mostly imaginary testimony over the decades from African American motorists, and racist law enforcement (a minority of officers) isn't a tinder-box problem in the U-S.

Each "use of deadly force" case must be investigated and adjudicated to find the truth - justified or unjustified? Then all involved who are convicted must be punished.

Meanwhile riots are always criminal activity with the possibility of loss of life and property. Dr. King set the example for demonstrations that bring progress - and that example was always peaceful. Powerful changes - through PEACEFUL protest.
The racist cop in Milwaukee was black this time... Kinda ironic wouldn't you say Glare?

How exactly did I prove your point again?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Who says the
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Who says the recent fatal police shooting in Milwaukee was not justified use of deadly force? What I DID say is - that's determined by investigation, and cases that move through the criminal justice system.

So where's the irony, NS? Your observation (black officer) and your conclusion (ironic?) are premature.

Also - regarding your examples of your own traffic stops proving my point...I seem to remember you saying as you sat in your car - being questioned by the cop - you reached into your laundry basket in your car to pull out your prescription med from the pile of clothing - to show the police officer. You weren't shot, white boy. I believe you even acknowledged it WAS a stupid move.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:15 pm

screen glare wrote:Who says the recent fatal police shooting in Milwaukee was not justified use of deadly force? What I DID say is - that's determined by investigation, and cases that move through the criminal justice system.

So where's the irony, NS? Your observation (black officer) and your conclusion (ironic?) are premature.

Also - regarding your examples of your own traffic stops proving my point...I seem to remember you saying as you sat in your car - being questioned by the cop - you reached into your laundry basket in your car to pull out your prescription med from the pile of clothing - to show the police officer. You weren't shot, white boy. I believe you even acknowledged it WAS a stupid move.
Yes that's true but he may have previously determined I was unlikely to be a threat. Black officer is what authorities in Milwaukee said not me. Everybody who rioted automatically assumed the officer was white.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Evidently that young man didn't get the "talk" you reference. Or if he did, he didn't pay attention.

Maybe that "talk" should include, "When pulled over by a black officer, don't get out of your can and run and then point a gun at him."

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Hey , Bryce.

Once again - the fatal Milwaukee police shooting YOU describe sounds like an armed driver or passenger situation. Not the classic American "driving while black" situation the emergency room MD in Dallas spoke of and so many more African American motorists have spoken of seemingly endlessly over decades.

But you already know that - as you fein ignorance.

And NS - I'm astounded that you once again prove my point when you say perhaps the cop who stopped you determined you were not a threat - as in - determined you were white.

You two guys should just give up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:36 pm

screen glare wrote: And NS - I'm astounded that you once again prove my point when you say perhaps the cop who stopped you determined you were not a threat - as in - determined you were white.

Given that...
In New York, where blacks make up 23 percent of the city’s population, blacks commit three-quarters of all shootings and 70 percent of all robberies, according to victims and witnesses. (Whites, by contrast, commit less than 2 percent of all shootings in New York City and 4 percent of all robberies, though they are nearly 34 percent of the population.)
If you were a police officer in New York, and well aware of those statistics, you might just be a little more cautious when dealing with that particular demographic. Yes, race does have something to do with it, but rather than calling it racist you could also call it common sense.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
screen glare wrote: And NS - I'm astounded that you once again prove my point when you say perhaps the cop who stopped you determined you were not a threat - as in - determined you were white.

Given that...
In New York, where blacks make up 23 percent of the city’s population, blacks commit three-quarters of all shootings and 70 percent of all robberies, according to victims and witnesses. (Whites, by contrast, commit less than 2 percent of all shootings in New York City and 4 percent of all robberies, though they are nearly 34 percent of the population.)
If you were a police officer in New York, and well aware of those statistics, you might just be a little more cautious when dealing with that particular demographic. Yes, race does have something to do with it, but rather than calling it racist you could also call it common sense.
Not a bad point either... It's a VERY uncomfortable point. For some reason addressing why that is never seems to get the front burner... Maybe it's the headlines the cop v. Black motorist gets...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic