Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

No Fly - No Buy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

No Fly - No Buy

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Can any of my Republican friends tell me why many in the GOP are against the No Fly, No Buy bill?

Kind of makes common sense to me. Well, maybe I answered my own question.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Re: No Fly - No Buy

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Bryce wrote:Can any of my Republican friends tell me why many in the GOP are against the No Fly, No Buy bill?

Because the gun lobby hates it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:01 pm

I think that anyone who flies overseas is suspicious. How about if you fly outside the US, no buy? Making people take a loyalty oath to the US Constitution with a polygraph hooked up before they buy guns would also be good. I don't think people who aren't loyal to the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights should have guns. That would eliminate 99.9 percent of the problem.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:06 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:I think that anyone who flies overseas is suspicious. How about if you fly outside the US, no buy?
I can't agree with that as I would be precluded simply because of semi-frequent business trips to Europe and Asia.

That would also include a WHOLE bunch of Military people.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:07 am

'Shuts Up wrote:I think that anyone who flies overseas is suspicious.
Well yeah, that is a lot of people. That's active military, religious missionaries, business trips (like Bryce), tourists, diplomats and politicians like Donald Trump that own property overseas.
Our whole economy depends on trading American products to overseas markets.

There were whole countries that were suspicious of their citizens flying overseas. Like the Soviet Union or East Germany and many other communist block countries.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 am

It was offered somewhat tongue in cheek. As you see, you can't make blanket statements that no one should be able to defend themselves with a gun either. With an overreaching regime in power, you have to be careful. However, people who fly overseas should be subject to more scrutiny. They are much more likely to have allegiances to foreign governments, even "businessmen" who make deals that are not beneficial to average loyal Americans.

To this day, people still say that German Americans were more likely to be loyal to Germany in World War II, and should have been in internment camps like the Japanese were. The truth was, there were a lot of German Americans that were under scrutiny, it just was kept more quiet because 25% or Americans have German ancestry. Since this is a broadcasting related board, I will relate that there were German Americans with radio transmitters who were heavily monitored, including a couple of people in Michigan, before, during and after World War II. Amateur radio was suspended during World War I and II, but not during subsequent Wars. Presumably, that could have included 25% loyal German American Amateur Radio operators. But it presumably would have been possible for people in rural areas to make contact. Perhaps this is why they had so many monitoring stations near here. Perhaps we should have scrutinized people who talked to King Hussein of Jordan in the 1960s and 1970s? Perhaps they did. And were the American manufacturers of amateur equipment given to King Hussein under scrutiny?

If some people in that club had been armed, it could have been stopped much more quickly. As it was, it was a THREE HOUR STANDOFF and at least 49 people were killed. If one or a few of the attendees had whipped out a gun and shot Mateen, there might have been many less casualties. You always hear that when seconds count the police are just minutes away. In this case, it took the police THREE HOURS to take decisive action.

Another thing that is the elephant in the room is that almost all the victims were not only gay but Hispanic. That is being downplayed for some reason. Perhaps because if some of the club attendees were armed, that it would have saved many Hispanic lives. Donald Trump's proposed policies would have most likely saved Hispanic lives. Hillary's would not have. It's ironic and cognitively dissonant for the Left to even think about that.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 am

Please...left thinking.....The gunman does not represent all Muslims, but he does represent all guns owners...What??????

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 am

Bryce wrote:Can any of my Republican friends tell me why many in the GOP are against the No Fly, No Buy bill?

Do you trust the government to properly administer and enforce this list? I'm sure thats where most of the opposition is coming from.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:50 am

zzand wrote:Please...left thinking.....The gunman does not represent all Muslims, but he does represent all guns owners...What??????
I saw the suggestion that maybe we should ban Koran sales to people on the no fly list as well.

Also, maybe we should ban planes. They killed ~3,000 people on 9/11 and sometimes Malaysian Airlines make themselves disappear.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 pm

What the hell. after the Disney incident we need to ban alligators too....and vehicles.....and bathrooms, since most accidents in the home happen there......and maybe we should all just sit alone in a round rubber room to be safe.....

Personally I like the No Fly, No Buy rule but as brought up the government can't monitor anything, including themselves so they wouldn't be any good at this list either...The anger Obama displayed against Trump on the tube the other day should be displayed against the terrorists, then maybe they might think differently, but with our current administration they think of this country as soft and considering the non response so far to the Orlando attack, they will continue to hit us....Maybe Obama needs to borrow his wife's balls and do something already....

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Shuts Up wrote:I think that anyone who flies overseas is suspicious. How about if you fly outside the US, no buy?
I can't agree with that as I would be precluded simply because of semi-frequent business trips to Europe and Asia.

That would also include a WHOLE bunch of Military people.

Remember, Bryce. TC is the same guy who is also suspicious of anyone who has attended a University.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:54 am

Hey there TT, be careful who you call TC.

TCtard is probably an ok nickname for that fat rent a cop.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 am

TC Talks wrote:Hey there TT, be careful who you call TC.

Too many TC's me thinks...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 am

TC Talks wrote:Hey there TT, be careful who you call TC.

How user names do you have TC Talks?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:43 am

zzand wrote:Please...left thinking.....The gunman does not represent all Muslims, but he does represent all guns owners...What??????
Poignant.

Proven by the fact that Obama's stated solution to preventing tragedy such as this in the future is to place limits on firearms, yet placing temporary limits on immigration from countries that have a history of terrorist acts is abhorrent to him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic